- With a new baby just 6 weeks away (OMG!), we’re in the home stretch and I really need to get it in gear with the new nursery. After approximately one zillion hours of trial and error and taping and painting, the striped feature wall in the nursery is complete! Whew. Next up is hanging curtains and figuring out whether to paint/stain the dressers, finding a rug, moving in the crib . . . I need to go lie down now.
- I’m pretty sure you can’t be a blogger without owning at least one succulent arrangement, so Nutty and I hit Home Depot last week and stocked up in the little suckers. She took her job of critiquing each plant very seriously, and insisted that we buy one in particular – the least attractive one in my opinion – but I googled it when I got home and discovered that it’s common name is “Baby Toes” which suddenly make the less-than-adorable succulent a lot cuter. :)
- We picked out the stain for the hardwoods at the flip – can you guess which one we went with?
- Did I ever tell you that we snuck away to California last month for my birthday weekend? It was Nutty’s first time at the beach and she LOVED it. Sand and water are the makings of an excellent time. I almost included one of my favorite family pics of all time, but I decided to spare you the image of me in a bikini at 7 months pregnant – you’re welcome. :)
- This mid-century dresser has found a new home in the nursery – it needs a little love (the veneer around the sides of the top piece is pretty chipped) so I’m debating painting just the top, and cleaning up/staining the rest. Hmm.
- Our girl has been super into drawing lately - this is kind of a huge development since previously she would only eat the crayons and chalk and now she’ll eat them only occasionally. Drawing keeps her entertained for awhile like nothing else does, and I love seeing her have such a good time being creative. My girl is growing up!
So that’s what I’ve been up to – what’s going on with you guys?