Now that you’ve seen the reno pics and the “after” floorplan, I couldn’t wait to let you in on a few more changes that we made to the house. Check out the “before” v. “after” floorplans!
- removed the wall between the kitchen and den to create one huge living space
- converted the old water heater closet into a pantry in the laundry room
- added French doors to the office
- converted the double closet in the master bedroom into one large closet
- combined the dressing area and master bath into a large master bath
- converted the master tub into a huge two-person shower by stealing about 12 inches from the closet in the third bedroom
- pushed back the entry to the closet in the master bath by about 6 inches to align with the shower
- added two new full height windows to the den, looking onto the covered patio
- removed the sink from the laundry room and added a utility sink in the garage (using the original plumbing) so that we could have enough space to use a front-loading washer and dryer
- flipped the refrigerator from the right side of the kitchen to the left side to accomodate a side-by-side fridge
Pretty cool, right? What changes have you made to your house to better suit your lifestyle?