Curtain Call

My birthday was on Sunday (yay 28!!), and a few of you have asked what my darling hubby picked out for my birthday present.  Well, he knew that I had been longing for that beautiful paisley fabric to make curtains for the guest bedroom, so – I hinted and he delivered!!  This fun and funky fabric arrived in the mail just in the nick of time:

p1030363-1024x768

Don’t you love it??  The bright pink accents and the swirly floral paisley pattern get me all giddy.  I can’t wait to have a free moment so that I can lug that new sewing machine out of the box (yes, I’m a slacker and it’s still in the box), brush up on my sewing skills and whip out some fab curtains in a flurry of frenzied sewing activity – so fun!!  And I know I’ll have some extra fabric left over, so now the wheels are turning to come up with another little side project for the material – any suggestions?  I’m thinking of a throw pillow, maybe framing a few squares to put on the opposite wall for some color, or maybe using it to add some interest to the edge of the euro pillows on the bed?  Too many options to think about!

Comments

1. erica says:

I love that fabric!! For the extra, i like your idea of squares of the fabric on the opposite wall, framed in maybe some ikea frames>? can’t wait to see what you do!

2. Brian says:

What about covering a lamp shade with the fabric? At fabric stores, there are a variety of shade sizes with sticky sided pattern to use for the fabric that makes it look really easy. Is this fabric washable?

3. Liz says:

Brian,

LOVE your idea to use the extra fabric to cover a lamp shade!! I’ll be keeping my eye out for a nifty pattern. Thanks for sharing your idea!

~ Liz

P.S. The fabric is dry clean only.

4. Tonya says:

The material you got is beautiful!!! What a great husband you have!!!

I happen to be in the middle of sewing curtains right now (with fabric I purchased from a website you mentioned in an earlier post, http://www.buyfabrics.com). I am making ceiling to floor curtains, so there are going to be 3 panels (13 feet long each). I have two panels finished, and the third one is almost finished! It has been such a fun project – I can’t wait to get them hung (hopefully tomorrow :-)

I can’t wait to see whatever you decide to make with the paisley print material – it really is beautiful!!

5. Liz says:

Tonya,

Wow, I’m so impressed!! That sounds like quite the project – I bet your curtains are going to be beautiful! Good luck, and I’d love to see pics of the finished product!

~ Liz

P.S. I agree – the hubby’s pretty great. :)

I LOVE that fabric — so pretty. And I am so impressed that you can sew. I like the lampshade idea too – and I also think framing a sample square or two would look fab, as would the pillow or the piping on an existing pillow. Decisions, decisions.

HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY! 28 Rocks!