Our Flip: Some Serious Progress!!

Wanna see something exciting??

The kitchen at our flip doesn’t look like this anymore:

flip - before - kitchen    flip - before - kitchen

flip - before - kitchen & breakfast area    flip - before - breakfast area

And it certainly doesn’t look like this:

ledgestone - day 1    flip - day 1

Nope, it’s all snazzy now.  Still unfinished, but snazzy.  You see, the custom cabinets, wood floor and trim have all gone in.  I’m practically giddy from these sights:

flip - day 17 - kitchen cabinets

[back wall of kitchen with sink, dishwasher, and undercounter microwave]

flip - day 17 - kitchen cabinets

[half wall between kitchen and den with fridge enclosure and range.  the drawers are deep enough for pots and pans.]

flip - day 17 - pantry

[back wall of breakfast room with built-in pantry]

Wahoo!!!  Can you believe how much has changed in the past week?  The granite will go in next week, the painters will start doing their thing in the next few days, and the floors will be stained as the very last thing before the house goes on the market.  It’s going to be finished in no time!!  The hubby and I need to start picking out knobs and pulls for these gorgeous cabinets.  I’m so excited!!

We opted for wood floors in the kitchen (like in our own home) to increase the visual flow in this open-concept kitchen and den.  What flooring do you guys have in your own kitchen?

This post is shared with Hooked on Houses.

Comments

1. Nicole says:

Wow, Liz. Already an amazing transformation. Where do you get your inspiration from?

• Liz says:

Nicole,

What a great question! I think the best way to get inspired is just to know what’s out there – check out online resources like Better Homes & Gardens, Point Click Home, and design-related blogs to find images that you love. Start an inspiration folder and over time it will become clear what sorts of images you choose over and over again. I also am a huge fan of touring homes – it’s a great way to see how ideas that may look great on paper actually function in real life. My husband and I tour several homes a month – take advantage of open houses (Sundays are usually the peak days for open houses). Also, don’t be afraid to ask questions – contractors and tradesmen have seen it all, and they can often give you a few words of wisdom that will definitely increase the functionality of your project. To me, those are the three best ways to find inspiration – there’s tons of it out there!

~ Liz

2. Averill says:

It’s amazing how much progress your flip is making — I can’t want to see it completed!

3. Tonya says:

I can’t believe the transformation, and how quickly it’s coming along! Still, I’m totally impatient, can you get your painters to get on with it – I can’t wait to see those beautiful cabinets painted!! Not to metion, the stunning granite you picked out! You guys are really doing a great job!! Thanks for the updates – and keep them coming :-)

Wow – this is amazing!! We have twelve inch boring tiles in our kitchen – they were there when we moved in. I’d love wood or terra cota tiles or even cobalt blue ones…

I’m curious – how often do either you or your husband go check on the house?

• Liz says:

Christy,

It’s funny, I’ve always wondered if other people that are going through renovations are as hands-on as we are. On a typical day, I’d say that we go by at least twice, but sometimes more. I’m sure the crews get tired of us, but there’s always something to check on or deliver! It’s always best to be on top of things so that you can catch a small issue before it becomes a big problem. Maybe we’re nuts, but that’s just how we roll. :) Hopefully it will pay off!! :)

~ Liz

5. Meredith says:

Yay! It looks terrific! I sure wish I had wood floors in my kitchen. I’m stuck with ceramic tile for now :)

6. YOur movement is so fun… Keep us informed can wait till the end result.

(and yes i agree– just keep looking out there.) our little family of blogosphere is a great inspiration destination.

TTFN~~ Claudia ♥

7. Jerri says:

Wow! I’m sure this is going to look amazing!

8. wow! it looks great!! I love wood floors in a kitchen too – it really is a great way to keep blend spaces together.

9. Porch Days says:

That pantry is a great idea. Storage can make or break a kitchen!