Our Flip: Make A Splash

Hold onto your socks, it’s time for the big backsplash reveal!!

I’ve been excited about this reveal for weeks, ever since we picked out this gorgeous backsplash:

Our Flip: Granite and Marble and Travertine, Oh My!

Mmm, delicious – I love the blend of marble with frosted and translucent glass.  This unique backsplash has a ton of personality and style, while still remaining neutral enough to appeal to any potential buyer.

Check out the tile mid-install – you can already tell it’s going to be fab:

Our Flip: Make a Splash

This tile is designed to fit together perfectly, with staggered rows that interlock and each sheet of tile connected on a mesh backing – see?

Our Flip: Make a Splash

And now, the moment you’ve all been waiting for . . . drumroll please . . .

Check out that backsplash!!!!

Our Flip: Make a Splash

I love the way the undercabinet lighting draws your attention straight to the backsplash.  And now that the backsplash is all installed and gorgeous, I can’t wait for the brushed nickel hardware and stainless steel appliances to be installed – that will really complete the look.

Here’s another shot:

Our Flip: Make a Splash

The granite is still dusty, the faucet hasn’t been installed and the electrical outlets still need to be put in place . . . but you get the idea!

I can’t resist a close-up:

Our Flip: Make a Splash

I think that the pale alabaster grout that we chose really showcases the tile by defining each piece, and also ties the backsplash in with the white cabinetry.

And finally, here’s a pic of the hubby and yours truly – please forgive us for our lovely appearances – it’s about 107 degrees in this photo (no joke!):

Our Flip: Make a Splash

And that’s that!!  Does it look as good as you thought it would?  I’m really pleased with the way it turned out, but I want to hear what you guys think!  And stay tuned for more details about our flip . . . it’s nearing the finish line!!

Comments

1. Joan says:

Liz,
    Your backsplash looks FABULOUS! (The guy looks mighty nice too! :)
    I love everything you did, and can’t wait till the brushed nickel and stainless steel items are added. The backsplash absolutely combines with the granite counter for an awesome look that any buyer will love. Great job; it was worth the drumroll and the wait!

WOW!!! It looks WAY better than I could have imagined – it looks perfect Liz!

107?! Inside? No AC yet? You poor things!

I can’t wait to see more on the flip! So exciting!

3. Kristina says:

I’ll be honest. I see these types of tiles on Home Depot or where ever and they’ve always made me nervous. I feel like they are too edgy for my taste. But HELLO THESE LOOKS GREAT! I am tickled pink these look that good (as I’m sure you are too!!) I never could never envision them in my head. I think you may have opened a can of worms here. I want to redo mine now!! I’ll send my husband your way after I tell him1 Ha!

4. Lucinda says:

This is turning into a very nice looking “flip”.
    Not just the standard run of the mill features. With the property priced right you will sell very quickly. Now go pour yourself something cold and get into some AC. It’s supposed to be 105 today in “big D”!

5. kathy says:

that backsplash is absolutely gorgeous! you must be so excited to be near the end of the project! i agree with lucinda about the house having cool, unique materials that aren’t often seen in other renovated properties

6. laura says:

that looks awesome, seriously. How fun to be flipping a house.

7. Nicole says:

Ooo! I love it! It reminds me somewhat of the tile we used for our shower and are using for our bathroom backsplahes! Love the pictures!

8. Jen says:

looking good!!! Can I see this place when it’s done?:)

9. Lindsay says:

It looks amazing!!!! Way to go you guys! Did you install the backsplash yourselves?

• Liz says:

Hey peeps!

Lindsay,

We can’t take credit for that masterpiece, but isn’t it gorgeous?? We’re contemplating tackling a tile job in the future, I’ll keep you posted if it goes down. :)

Jen,

Yes!! We will be having an open house when the house is ready to go on the market (within the next few weeks) and anybody who wants to swing by and check it out is welcome!! The more the merrier, definitely. :)

Lucinda,

I have had many a cool beverage but I’m still hot!! :) I think watering new sod for hours on end will do that to you! Hopefully the poor new grass can survive this crazy heat – everybody cross your fingers!!!!

Kristina,

Not gonna lie, I had a few anxiety attacks wondering if the tile was going to turn out – was it going to be one of those things that looked and sounded good in theory but wound up being crazy? So glad it turned out to be cool, and I love that you’re loving it!!

Christy,

Yep, it was totally 107 inside. Not awesome. :) Hopefully we’ll crank on the AC soon, but luckily it’s keeping the bills down during this heat wave!!

~ Liz

10. Kristen Sara says:

New to your blog, but love it, and LOVE your back splash! It’s incredible!!

11. Averill says:

Great job! I LOVE how this turned out. I’m such a fan of the mosaic tile look — especially mixing glass and natural stones. The undercabinet lighting is also a great, bespoke touch. So much nicer than standard builder cabinets (with no lights!).

12. Lucinda says:

Let us know about the open house. I’d love to come!

• Liz says:

Lucinda,

I will definitely let everybody know!! I’m excited, and hope to see lots of people there!

Tonya,

Yay, thanks so much for the compliment – you made my day!! :) They are installing the hardware right this minute, so hopefully I’ll get to post new pics of the kitchen very soon!!

~ Liz

13. Tonya says:

Liz, I absolutely LOVE it!! The whole kitchen is stunning, without the appliances and hardware!! You guys are awesome!!! You really have a special talent and eye for design! It’s like you were meant to be a Flipper:) Thanks for sharing!!!

14. Sarah @ thriftydecorchick says:

Fantastic!!!! I want to live here, wow!!!

15. Kris Zeitz says:

Absolutely love your glass & marble backsplash choice!!! Please tell me the name & where I can get it!! :) Also, what is the price?

• Liz says:

Kris Zeitz,

Yay, I love that backsplash, too!! We got it through a retailer called IMC in Dallas – the tile is called Strato Pearl Emperador and retails for $19.99 a square foot. (On the website, though, they call it Pearl Emperador Staggered – “http://www.imcstone.com/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage_IMC3_Mosaics.tpl&product_id=389&category_id=11&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=57”). However, we got it at a significant discount (only $11.99 per square foot) by having our contractor order it – great way to save some moolah!! Hope that helps, and let us know if you wind up going for it!

~ Liz