One Of These Things Is Not Like The Other

Have you ever played that game where everybody sits in a circle and says some random facts about themselves, and one of those “facts” is supposed to be a lie?

One Of These Things Is Not Like The Other

I’ve always loved this game – it’s a fun way to learn more about someone than you typically can in normal conversation.  And you’d be surprised what funny things you’ll find out about people!

Even though I talk to you every day through this blog, I’ve realized that there’s very little that I know about most of you guys – and not just demographics, but your life experiences – the random facts that make people really interesting.  Who’s afraid of spiders, who never learned how to drive?  Which ones of you hate ice cream?  And by the same token, there’s so much more I’d like for you guys to know about me than you can learn just by reading my posts.

So, today we’re gonna play a little game – I’ll go first.  All of these “facts” about myself are true, except for one  – think you can guess which one is a lie?

1.  I graduated first in my class of 250 people from a public high school in East Dallas.

2.  I have been bungee jumping and skydiving.

3.  I recently quit my job as an attorney to start selling real estate with my husband.

4.  I have been on a photographic safari in Africa.

5.  I am a middle child, with an older sister and younger brother.

6.  My husband and I have been together for six years.

7.  I broke my arm during soccer practice in 6th grade when I was hit with a soccer ball.

8.  I studied abroad in Australia when I was a junior in college.

9.  I’ve had Lasik.

10.  I don’t eat any seafood, except fried calamari.

What do you think?  Is it as easy as you thought it would be?

Now it’s your turn to spill the beans!  There are only three easy rules – here they are:

1.  Vote on which one of my “facts” you think is actually a lie.

2.  After you vote, leave a comment filling us in on at least two random facts about yourself, and a lie.  (And keep things lighthearted, this is not a call for deep dark secrets!)

3.  Come back tomorrow to find out which one of my “facts” is a lie, and to tell us which one of yours was a total fib!

Let’s get started!!  I can’t wait to find out all the fun stuff about you guys!

[polldaddy poll=”1817329″]

Be sure to check back tomorrow to find out the answer!!

Comments

1. Susan says:

Great poll. I guessed your seafood comment was a lie.

Here are my facts:

I studied abroad in Italy for a semester in college.
    I have been an interior designer for 5 years.
    I have a serious addiction to this blog.

2. Jen L. says:

I won’t reveal my answer since I am pretty sure I am right :)

About me:
    I have known Liz since 5th grade.
    I am a lawyer.
    I am a volunteer with dachshund rescue.

3. kathy says:

i think it’s the bungee jumping choice!

me:

5’10 tall
    oldest of 6 siblings
    never been to the beach

4. Jill says:

Fun idea!

My turn:
    I was the only girl on a boys hockey team, growing up in Dallas.
    I’ll eat any seafood except calamari.
    My dog weighs about 40 pounds more than I do.

5. Meredith says:

Cool post! Here we go…

I have never lived outside of California
    I have a blog
    I married my 4th grade boyfriend

• Liz says:

Okay, I think this is my new favorite post – I’m loving learning all these fun facts (and lies!) about you guys!!! Keep it up, I can’t wait to read more!

~ Liz

Liz this is so fun! I can’t wait to either hear all about the real estate agency or see your safari pictures! ONE of them has to be true?!?! SO exciting!

Also, I’m totally copying you (imitation is the most sincere form of flattery, right?) and doing this myself on my blog tomorrow. I LOVE IT.

My three things:
    I was once the virginia state champion baton twirler.
    I went to a mormon college for one semester so I could ski the rockies for credit.
    I speak welsh with my husband and daughter, and hope to learn spanish with them one day too.

7. Abby says:

My 3 things:

1. I can’t swim.
    2. I’ve received two speeding tickets in one day.
    3. I work in fundraising although I have no idea why

8. Lindsay says:

I think it’s the real estate agency comment!

My 3 things:
    1. I hate lettuce. I have never had a lettuce salad. {I have tried a spincach salad…once.}
    2. I still sleep with my baby blanket. FREAK!
    3. I talk to my dogs and they “talk” back to me!

9. Averill says:

Great post — I’m guessing you’re still a lawyer since I’d assume you would’ve mentioned going into RE full-time. :)

As for me:

1. I’m 6 feet and one half inch tall, but I’m still shorter than both my parents (6’6″ and 6’2″, respectively).
    2. In college I ended up moderating a debate on Nostradamus that appeared on the Discovery Channel.
    3. I gave up diet coke for Lent in 2008 and haven’t touched a can since.

10. Nicole says:

Fun, Liz! Here are my 3 “facts”:

1) I have been indoor skydiving.
    2) I was a trainer for a softball team in the Greek Olympics.
    3) My husband is a DJ.

11. Stacy says:

Been to Africa and Australia? Lucky girl, or maybe Australia isn’t true.

1) I can still do a round off back handspring like nobody’s business.
    2) I chased Luke Perry for an autograph after a broadway show and was nearly hit by a taxi in the process.
    3) I worked for an interior design firm that had both Tommy Hilfiger and Jake of Body by Jake fame as clients.

12. Katie says:

I have skiied indoors.
    I own 6 copies of the movie “E.T.”
    I once watched a Real World Marathon for 13 hours straight.

13. Jen says:

I am REALLY sure I got this right – guess I’ll have to come back tomorrow to find out!!

1) When I was a kid, I hung out with Chuck Norris in NYC
    2) My favorite food is a burger
    3) I have my yellow belt in karate

• Liz says:

Hehehe, I can’t stop checking the poll to see what you guys think!! And I’m still loving all of the fun facts about you guys – even though I know some of these facts have to be fibs, you guys have some pretty cool (and hilarious!) facts! Can’t wait to spill the beans tomorrow . . . :)

Christy,

Oooh, can’t wait to check out all of the fun facts on your blog tomorrow!!! Glad you liked the idea, it’s been fun!

~ Liz

14. nikkisnacs says:

I’m too late to vote, but this was a great post Liz. I think I may do this on my blog soon too.

-I play the trumpet