Blog Party: Inspiration Tuesday!!

Hey guys, welcome to the party!  It’s Inspiration Tuesday on IGTBH!!

Wanna Party?

As you know from yesterday’s post, this blog party is all about inspiration – and today I’m inspired by gorgeous pops of yellow in home design.

It’s funny, I first came up with the idea for this post when I was admiring the bridesmaid dresses that two of my friends are wearing in an upcoming wedding – they are a trendy shade of chartreuse, which is also a big color in home decor.  Those dresses got me thinking – yellow is such a fun and sunny color, so how could it be incorporated in the home?

For all you bold people out there that like to really commit, you could go whole hog with furniture in shades of lemon, acid yellow, or even buttercup:

Blog Party: Inspiration Tuesday

Me, however, I’m more of a commitment-phobe – so maybe something cheap and easily changeable would be the way to go, like painting the walls:

Blog Party: Inspiration Tuesday

Or you could work with what you already have and arrange your bookcases in color blocks – talk about some serious impact for zero dollars!

Blog Party: Inspiration Tuesday

And yellow in accessories is lovely, too.  Don’t you think feel like it instantly energizes these spaces?

Blog Party: Inspiration Tuesday

And, of course, bright shocks of yellow on the wall can really make a statement – big or small.  (And I think the yellow and periwinkle combo is to die for!)

Blog Party: Inspiration Tuesday

So what are you inspired by today?  We’d all love to swing by your blog for some inspiration – if you’d like to join in on the fun, just add your link below.   Here are a few pointers:

1. Make sure that you add the permalink to your specific blog post (like www.itsgreattobehome.net/inspiration-tuesday), instead of your general blog address.
  2. Give everybody an idea of what you’re inspired by in parentheses after your blog name – like Liz @ It’s Great To Be Home (yellow in home decor).
  3. Make sure that your link works – otherwise it might get deleted (no fun!).
  4. Try to include a link to this party somewhere in your post so that your readers can get in on the party!
  5. Click on the other participants’ links and let them know if they’ve inspired you!

Let’s get this party started!!

Images courtesy of Apartment Therapy, Design*Sponge, desiretoinspire, Canadian House and Home, Elle Decor, My Home Ideas, GoliadAve.com, and Colour Me Happy.

Comments

1. Hey Liz, great idea for a party!!

2. I’ve been loving yellow this summer, so I loved this post! Thanks for inviting me to participate in your fun new blog party. I think it’s a great idea! :-)

3. Thanks for hosting!

I love it – I’d totally buy yellow furniture. My guest room is painted bright yellow and it looks fabulous!

5. Kristina says:

Oh I love parties!

6. Kristin says:

Love yellow. I love that B & M cookbook display. Love the color wheel libraries too.

7. Britt says:

What a great idea for a blog party! I will definitely have to join in sometime. Meanwhile, I think I’m just going to check out everyone else’s inspiration photos!!! I love yours!

8. Averill says:

Fun! I love this idea. I’m linking to my recent post on my love of peacock blue and peacock motifs!

9. Nicolette says:

I just joined the blog party as well. Looking forward to checking out inspirations from everyone as well.

Nicolette

10. Averill says:

…so I’m a bit late to the blog party — yesterday was madness! Today I’m completely inspired by the 500 Colored Pencil Project. It’s pretty much what it sounds like, but you have to check out all their gorgeous colors (and their fun names!).

11. Alex says:

Hi there! This is my first party ever. I am a new blogger and I love your party! It helped me decide how I want to decorate my dining room! Thanks!!!

12. Molly says:

Oh a nice pop of color is always so refreshing. All springtime does it for me rigt now but I LOVE A CLOCHE! Come on by and see. I also have a giveaway!!

13. I love the yellow touches!

14. Think I added the wrong URL the first time but that post is still something I love and am inspired by! Thanks for hosting!!!
    .-= Nancy’s Daily Dish´s last blog post ..Red, Yellow & Pink Aesthetic Transferware Tablescape =-.

15. Jacqueline says:

Thanks for hosting. There are so many inspiring things in life. This will be a fun party to peruse.
    Jacqueline´s last blog post post ..Roasted Balsamic Asparagus with Goat Cheese and Pecans

16. radnav says:

Here is my article on how I am inspired by art galleries to create one of my own.