Blog Party: Inspiration Tuesday!

That’s right folks, it’s that time of the week again – let’s party!!

Blog Party: Inspiration Tuesday

This week I’ve been totally inspired by all the goodies I’m finding on Craigslist.  I haven’t pulled the trigger yet and actually bought anything, but I’m seriously thinking about it.  Here are some of my faves:

Blog Party: Inspiration Tuesday

If this $50 coffee table doesn’t scream, “Make me into an ottoman coffee table,” then I don’t know what does.  I would paint the base white, slap a thick layer of foam on top of the coffee table, and then cover the foam with batting and one of these three fab fabrics from Joel Dewberry – I can’t choose between them, they’re all too beautiful!

Blog Party: Inspiration Tuesday

Which fabric would you pick?

Blog Party: Inspiration Tuesday

And what about this conga line of barstools?  I know they look fugly now, but with a little DIYing, they could be total showstoppers.  And at $150 for 8 barstools (that swivel!  and have arms!), that’s a deal that can’t be beat.  I’d spray paint these babies black and add some sassy Amy Butler fabric like one of these:

Blog Party: Inspiration Tuesday

Blog Party: Inspiration Tuesday

Blog Party: Inspiration Tuesday

I love the brass accents on this $75 matching dresser and night stand set.  I’d polish those babies up and paint the drawers and cabinet doors a lacquered teal blue while leaving the wood natural around the frame.  Love!

Blog Party: Inspiration Tuesday

Blog Party: Inspiration Tuesday

But enough about what’s inspiring me – let’s hear about what you’re inspired by today!  We’d all love to swing by your blog for some inspiration – if you’d like to join in on the fun, just add your link below.   Here are a few pointers:

(1) Make sure that you add the permalink to your specific blog post (like www.itsgreattobehome.net/inspiration-tuesday-craigslist), instead of your general blog address.

(2) Give everybody an idea of what you’re inspired by in parentheses after your blog name – like Liz @ It’s Great To Be Home (Craigslist finds).

(3)  Make sure that your link works – otherwise it might get deleted (no fun!!).

(4) Try to include a link to this party somewhere in your post so that your readers can get in on the fun!

(5) Click on the other participants’ links and let them know if they’ve inspired you!

And remember, if we have enough participants this week I’ll feature my faves from the blog party on Wednesday – and it could be your post!  Now grab your post and this button and let’s boogie!

Blog Party: Inspiration Tuesday

Comments

I love all your ideas Liz – for the top one, I’d go with the Sky fabric – I think it’s just gorgeous!

2. Erin says:

I used that green Amy Butler fabric for a pillow and it’s very pretty!

That coffee table is awesome. I love the shape of the legs.

3. Liz says:

I’m loving everyone’s inspiration posts today!!

Jenny,

I’m trying to leave a comment on your blog about that awesome (and ridiculously affordable) backsplash, but it won’t let me. :( Love it, though!

~ Liz

4. :::Lyzz::: says:

Liz. I would have loved to find something like that coffee table above locally so I can do exactly what you describe. I would definitely make it into a soft ottoman. Great finds!

5. CDHQ says:

Fab finds! On the campaign chests, go with the teal on the drawer and door panels, and then paint the rest white! Our 2 cents!

6. anna see says:

I am drooling over these Craigslist finds. The aqua lacquer would be so gorgeous on that dresser. Thanks for the inspiration.

7. Whitney Lemons says:

This is a really old post for me to comment on, but I linked to your site through an old pouf-a-long post and now hubby and hooked! :) I’ve started for the beginning so I can vicariously (re)live everything in order.

So here’s my question: how would you finish off the fabric if you upholstered that coffee table into a padded ottoman? It looks like it has a lip, but wouldn’t the raw edges of the fabric that bunches out from the staples show? I found an old table with no lip (just the thick skirt) so I think I’d need to have my whole padded top attached to a separate board (cut to the circle shape) and then secure it on top…hoping that the stapled fabric part isn’t too think! Maybe some welting could help me hid the transition?

Thanks for any help/direction you can provide!

I’ll be commenting more, I’m sure…
    Whitney

Hey Whitney! I think welting or even grosgrain ribbon would be great to hide the transition – possibly even nailhead trim!