All Lit Up

Would you guys mind lending me a hand?  I would love your input on what I should do with this corner of our living room:

Sneak Peek: Den Makeover

I feel like it’s looking a little lame (although I have added some artwork above the sofa that isn’t shown in this photo).  Here are the options: (a) leave it like it is with the side table and lamp, (b) get rid of the side table and lamp and bring in an awesome floor lamp, or (c) some other idea.

If you’re leaning towards the floor lamp option, here are a few lamps that I’ve been considering:

1. All Lit Up 2. All Lit Up 3. All Lit Up

4. All Lit Up 5. All Lit Up 6. All Lit Up

7. All Lit Up 8. All Lit Up 9. All Lit Up

10. All Lit Up 11. All Lit Up

12. All Lit Up

(That last one needs a shade).

Any of them strike your fancy?  With a floor lamp, I would want one that makes a statement, is clean-lined and contemporary, and that doesn’t look wimpy – but some of those up there are a little on the wimpy side, don’t you think?  I have two favorites, but I’d love to hear what you think.

How about a little poll?  I’d love it if you’d fill me in on what you think I should do with that little corner:

Comments

1. I love lamps 10 and 11. I found an awesome floor lamp from Penney’s from their new line that looks a lot like those. Love it.

2. Liz says:

Kim,

Doesn’t Penney’s have great lamps? I’ve always been pleasantly surprised – and their curtains are fab, too! I’m guessing you got their Pharmacy lamp? I love it!! (And I actually just included it in a design consult!).

~ Liz

3. Nicole says:

I really like lamp numbers 3 and 9 but that is only because I get a little sensitive when light is shining directly on me (when I’m sitting on the couch). Both of those lamps have a different look but I think either would look great in that space.

4. Jill says:

I like 3 and 4 the best!!

5. Jenn says:

I like 3, 4 and 8. What about also adding some sort of large plant or small tree?

• Liz says:

Jenn,

I love that idea! With my black thumb, I wonder if I could keep something alive? Hmm . . . :)

~ Liz

P.S. Thanks so much for your feedback guys, this is a huge help!

I LOVE the #4 lamp — so pretty and fresh. But I also love your tiffany style table lamp, so I hope you can keep it in the room, or use it elsewhere! I can’t wait to catch up on your blog – I missed it while I was away. But we’re all still sick, so I’ll have to grab some computer time later!!!

7. Catherine says:

I love numbers 4 & 8. I think a rug would look great for a punch of colour. I also agree a plant would look good too – maybe on the raised front of the fireplace to one side?

8. I voted for the lamp and the side table but that doesn’t seem to be the most popular…looks great already!

9. Susan says:

I like 6 and 8, but 8 seems to be more of a trend. You have a great sense of style. I agree with Melissa, even the lamp and table look nice : )

10. Averill says:

My vote is for 8. I own 4 and it’s nice, but it doesn’t adjust up/down which is a bummer and it takes up a good bit of floor space because of the angle….

• Liz says:

Averill,

Good to know!! I’ve actually been leaning towards #4 but I’d read that it doesn’t adjust, so I’m glad to know that it really is annoying. Hmm.

~ Liz

11. jen ramos says:

I like 8 and 3 the best! :)))

Jen Ramos
    ‘Cards & Prints You’ll Love…’
    madebygirl.blogspot.com

12. nikkisnacs says:

Great choices, but I really like #9.