Update: Our Flip

Update: Our Flip

As of this afternoon, it became official – in just over 5 months, we bought, remodeled, and sold our flip!

Excuse me while I run off to do the happy dance . . .

To see the transformation for yourself, just click here – and if you want a play-by-play account of how we flipped this house, check this out.

Comments

1. Beachbrights says:

Congrats and an even bigger congrats to do all that IN THIS MARKET!

AWESOME :)

2. anna see says:

Yay! You did an outstanding job. Time for a nap!

3. nikkisnacs says:

Congratulations!

4. Congratulations! Are you going to do it again?

• Liz says:

Thanks guys!! We really are beyond thrilled, and YES – we are definitely going to try to do this again! :)

~ Liz

5. cindy g says:

WOW that was quick, you guys are very lucky.
    Congratulations!

6. Digart says:

What a pleasure to know that other people do the similar DIY house renovation projects. Actually, we made flips too and have pictures to illustrate.

7. Jill says:

Awesome!! Congratulations!! Keep celebrating you awesome success! U can’t wait to watch the next flip!!!

8. Jen says:

yay! Congrats! & lucky new owners to have found such a fabulous house :)

9. kathy says:

yay! what an extraordinary accomplishment! congratulations!

10. Meredith says:

The new owners must be thrilled! They have purchased a fantastic home!

11. Janis says:

Congratulations, you two! I know of a great little house just waiting for your magic touch if you ever want to break into Hollywood!

• Liz says:

Janis,

I think I know just the one you’re talking about. :) You know we are beyond tempted!!!

~ Liz

12. Jen L. says:

Congrats!! :)

13. Charlotte says:

How wonderful! Three cheers for you guys, so now I’m ready for THE NEXT ONE! Rock on.

HURRAH!!!!! I’m sooo happy for you guys Liz. Hope you do more, and keep us informed of the process all the way through again – that was soo fun to follow!

Yeah, Very cool news….you toe did a wonderfull job transforming the house

16. Big big congratulations to you ! All of your hard work paid off ! So happy for you on this day. I’ll even do a happy dance too, just for you !

Kate

17. Averill says:

Congrats, Liz! This is definitely big/great news. In fact I was just wondering how the flip was coming.

18. Tonya says:

Congrats Liz!!! I’m so excited for you guys!!!

19. Great job–I am curious in this market-where you can get great deals on homes but prices are still dropping in some areas, stagnant in some and slowly coming back in others–were you scared? Was it financially worth it to do the flip?
    New follower–hope you will come by and do the same
    Cheri

• Liz says:

Cheri,

Hey there! Whew, you’re right – there were definitely times when we would look at each other and wonder if we were making the right moves, simply because of the market we’re in and because it was our first flip. While we definitely learned TONS of lessons for next time that will hopefully help us earn a little more money, we did make enough money so that we were satisfied and want to do it again.

As for finding great deals, all I can say is that you have to do tons of research. You need to know exactly what a remodeled home can sell for in your area, how much money you’ll need to put into the house, what your carrying costs (if any) will be, how much profit you need to make, etc – and that will help you to determine the maximum price per square foot you can afford to pay for the home. If you’re working with a Realtor, he/she can definitely help you out with this information by providing you with comparable home sales in the area.

I hope this helps!! :)

~ Liz

20. *high five*

21. Jenny says:

I’m visiting from the DIY Showoff and just checked out your before and after pics of this house….AMAZING!
    You all did an awesome job with this flip! Congrats on the sale!