‘Round The Table

You should have seen us last night, cruising down the highway in a big truck packed to the gills, with blankets and rope flapping in the breeze to tie down our cargo.  We were quite a sight!

Look what we brought home with us:

'Round the Table

Isn’t it gorgeous?!?

Remember that table that made an appearance last week in my video for Thanksgiving . . .

'Round the Table

. . . and Christmas?

'Round the Table

Well, we have now parted ways with that $100 table that I bought from the Scratch ‘n Dent store when I was in law school 6 years ago (and the chairs have made their way back into the breakfast room) – and now we have this beautiful mahogany table and chairs, and we’ll even have room for 6 people when we put in the leaf!  Oh goodness, I’m so excited!

'Round the Table

The table and chairs belonged to my uncle’s mother, and he and my aunt are so lovely and offered to let us use it.  The word on the street is that the table was crafted back in the 1920s – how cool is that?

Now all I need to do is pick out some fabric so that I can reupholster these seat cushions . . .

'Round the Table

Got any suggestions on fabric?

P.S.  There’s a holiday decor blog party going on over at The DIY Show Off – head on over there to get some serious inspiration!  I added my video about transitioning your decor from Thanksgiving to Christmas, and I can’t wait to see what everybody else has to say!

Comments

1. Joan says:

Liz, you were soooooo lucky! I love round tables and you will too! The set looks fabulous in your room, and I really like the darker wood rather than the lighter brown of your former table. The seat covers you showed were absolutely hideous — anything you do will be wonderful. Can’t wait to see it all “done.” Just in time for the holidays!!!

Love round tables, the color of the table is so classic. I love Calico Corners for fabric: They have great options that I think you’ll love. They should have stores in Texas….you must stop in there! I just bought great fabric last night for pillows.

I love that round table – it’s gorgeous. But honestly, the cheapo one was also fabulous! Especially the way you dressed it all up!

I have no idea where to find cool fabric, but I’m sure you’ll come up with something awesome!

4. Meredith says:

Looks awesome! That stain works perfectly for the room. Can’t wait to see the fabric!!

5. Averill says:

LOVE IT! I think the round table is much better suited to your dining room than the old rectangular one (plus, I love the coziness of a round table — always seems to make for better conversation).

Fabric idea:

(http://www.calicocorners.com/product/designer+fabrics+for+the+home/shop+fabrics+by+color/green/bocce+wasabi.do)

(great, simple Moroccan pattern in a ton of colors, most of which I think would look awesome with your existing rug/curtains).

• Liz says:

Katrina and Averill,

First of all, you are both so right about Calico Corners – great selection! And Averill, we are definitely on the same page – after Katrina suggested Calico Corners, I found that Moroccan tile fabric and I fell in LOVE!!! Thanks, guys!

~ Liz

6. Oh, I would be doing the happy dance over that table & chairs! Beauties…what fun to find some new fabric for the chairs. Love your room, I’m sure it will come together nicely. I have a round DR table too & love it.

7. anna see says:

Pretty! You are going to LOVE having those.