Whirlwind Weekend

One of my favorite things to do is hang out with my mom, aunt and sister – we’re quite the foursome and always have a total blast together.  It’s a tradition of ours to take a weekend between Thanksgiving and New Years to drive 4 1/2 hours south to San Marcos for a whirlwind shopping extravaganza at the ridiculously fabulous outlet mall down there – although we always look forward to spending time with each other more than the shopping.

This year was no exception.  Due to everyone’s schedules, the weekend after Thanksgiving was the date for our jaunt – and we had such a great time this year!!  My favorite purchase had to be this awesome 8 x 10 zebra-print rug from the Pottery Barn Outlet:

Whirlwind Weekend

It’s chocolate brown and cream, and oh-so-fun.  And if they would let me, I would totally move into the PB Outlet.  In an instant.

Its new home is going to be our ever-evolving dining room, since the persian rug is going back to live with my parents.  Sniff.  But I am super excited to see how it looks in there!!  Jason’s first comment when he saw it was, “We need to get a chandelier that is more fun!!”  He’s an excellent husband, I tell ya.

Now I’m on a new hunt for fabric to recover the dining room chairs.  Thanks to all of you that chimed in with your suggestions last week – got any new ideas?!?  The only things we need to work around are the olive curtain panels…

Comments

Oh that must be some fancy outlet mall for you to drive that far! That rug is to die for – I just love it! Can’t wait to see it in your dining room! Glad you guys had such a great weekend!!

2. Tonya says:

I LOVE the rug!! It is beautiful! Great choice!!!

3. BEAUTIFUL rug! I wish we had a pottery barn outlet!! (Wait, that might be way too dangerous!)

I love your new rug! Hmm, I make a stop into Calico Corners – their online pics look SO different then they do in person – Can’t wait to see what you decide on

5. Jen says:

Sounds like a fun weekend – and a fun rug!! Can’t wait to see how it looks :)

6. Averill says:

LOVE the San Marcos outlets and your wonderful rug — what a great score! I can’t wait to see it in the new space.

I think I’d consider going with a smaller, geometric pattern in brown, olive and cream to tie the rug to the curtains and to bring in a second (albeit smaller) pattern — besides, pattern hides stains better! I’ll keep an eye out and see if I run across anything.

7. nikkisnacs says:

This will give your DR such a different look! I like it. Can’t wait to see what you do with the chairs.

8. micah says:

That rug is awesome! Wish I had a PB outlet near by!

9. Liz, I have the same rug in my living room and actually did a post just dedicated to how much I love it (and all well made wool rugs)….check it out if you have time! You will be so happy with the rug, it looks great forever. I paid full price for it, and I would pay it again so you got a steal I’m sure.