Nailed It

As my husband can tell you, I have a lot of stuff.

One category of stuff happens to be jewelry.  It’s been living in a drawer in my bathroom, which means that most of it never sees the light of day because I forget that I even own it.

The solution?  A bulletin board, of course!

I decided to make a display board for my jewelry (that’s now conveniently living in my closet), inspired by those fabulous nailhead bulletin boards that Bryn makes.

This was a super cheapo and easy project, using just an old bulletin board I already had, a yard of $2 linen, a little spray adhesive, a staple gun and a bunch of individual nailheads.

Now I’m quite the happy camper, and I’ve actually started wearing my jewelry.  What a novel concept!

How do you organize your jewelry?

Comments

1. Monica says:

That looks so great! I’m currently keeping mine in my top two dresser drawers (I lined them with fabric to keep the jewelry in place) but they’re quickly becoming too full! I might have to make one of these myself!

Love how your jewelry is displayed looks a like a store!!! I display my jewelry using a jewelry tree I bought at Urban Outfitters. I had been lusting after one for quite sometime. I agree when I see my jewelry I always put some on.
    For my smaller earrings and rings, and keep them in little dishes ….some on my dresser and one on my nightstand
    Katrina´s last blog post post ..The Dish- Spinach &amp Cheese Enchiladas

3. Oh my word, my jewelry is everywhere ! Stashed in bowls on my vanity, on my nightstand, everywhere ! Must.become.organized.like.Liz !!

Kate

4. Nicole says:

Liz ~
    What a clever way to display your jewelry as art!
    Nicole´s last blog post post ..nora 1 week

5. joan says:

Very cool, Liz! I think all of our jewelry lives to become tangled, tarnished, and forgotten. To combat this propensity, I buy the little zip lock baggies (small, like elve’s sandwich bags) and put each necklace, pin (I know that sounds old lady-ish, but I like them!) or pair of earrings in its own bag. That way, I tell myself, some of the wear and tear of stirring around the jumbled mass to locate a item is avoided. I segregate the earrings, pins, and necklaces. I imagine this is way more than you want to know! At any rate, as you noted, SOME organizational plan is needed!

6. Tammy says:

great idea….just wish i had a walk in closet wall to put this on LOL :)

7. Leslie says:

Love the bulletin board idea with the upholstery pushpins.

I used a peg board. Painted to match the room and simply used hooks to hang from.
    Though it seems I might need two soon. See a picture here: http://lesbabin.blogspot.com/2011/06/diy-jewellery-organizer.html