Getting You Up to Speed On Our Flip

Whew, where to begin?!?

Even though it probably seems like yesterday’s announcement came out of the blue, the truth is that we’ve been busy little bees behind the scenes for weeks now trying to make sure we were ready to hit the ground running once we got the keys.  That means meetings with contractors, plumbers, electricians, foundation companies, and tree trimmers intermingled with visits to tile stores, etc. and lots of web browsing for deals.  There’s so much to tell you guys about!

But first things first – here’s a quick little tour of our new victim renovation project:

(Disclaimer: I apologize in advance for the hideous photos – I lost one camera and misplaced the charger for another camera so these are all iPhone pictures taken on the fly).

Front of the house:

(This house has 2,570 square feet, 4 bedrooms, 3 baths and was built in 1970.)

Entryway opening into formal living room:

Tray ceiling with funky curves in entryway:

Formal living room and formal dining room:

From entryway into family room:

Family room towards entryway:

Family room looking into covered patio:

Family room looking into kitchen and breakfast room:

Kitchen looking into family room on the left and formal dining room straight ahead:

Kitchen looking into formal dining room:

Kitchen looking into breakfast nook:

Breakfast nook looking into covered patio (that has been enclosed with French doors):

Covered patio looking into breakfast room:

Looking from master bedroom across covered patio into breakfast room:

Looking from breakfast room across covered patio to master bedroom:

Master bedroom:

Master bedroom:

Master closet:

From master closet to master bathroom:

Separate room in master bath with toilet and shower/tub:

The shower/tub side of the room:

Hallway connecting master bedroom, 2 other bedrooms, and a bathroom:

Second bedroom:

Jack ‘n Jill bath connecting 2 bedrooms and serving as the guest bathroom for the house:

Shower and toilet area of jack ‘n jill bath:

Third bedroom:

Laundry room area between the garage and kitchen:

Fourth bedroom off of the laundry room:

Bathroom connecting the 4th bedroom and laundry room:

Another view of the bathroom:

The shower:

The backyard:

Over the next few weeks you’ll read plenty on my thoughts about what needs to be changed about the house, but for now – what do you think?  What’s your favorite thing about the house, and what did you see that you absolutely could not live with?

Want to see how our last flip turned out?  Read all about it here.

Comments

1. Wow! That house is big! First off – I LOVE the kitchen! Maybe not the green countertops, but the rest of it – NICE. I really like the enclosed patio, too – super sweet! And the breakfast nook… I can’t wait to see what you guys do with it!

~Chelsea
    Chelsea@ThisFreshFossil´s last blog post post ..ScotchBlue and You Contest

2. CONGRATS! So excited that y’all are flippin’ again. Can’t wait to see how this one turns out. I actually like a lot of the details in the main rooms of the house…I think this baby has good bones (even if her kitchen and baths are heinous!).
    Averill (Odi et Amo)´s last blog post post ..Orange &amp Aqua Nursery Inspiration

3. Mandy S. says:

This may seem insane, but there is something about those windows around the breakfast nook that I just adore. I can’t wait to see what you do with this one!

4. Stephanie says:

Love, love, love a good tray ceiling. It seems like a good layout from the pictures, wish I could see the floor plans haha. That kitchen needs an overhaul big time, but I’m undecided about the patio with french doors. I can’t figure out if it’s wonderful or horrible. Keep us updated!
    Stephanie´s last blog post post ..Craigslist is a girls best friend

5. Wowza! What a unique house!!

Love: The breakfast room. I love windows!

Hate: The window from the family room into the kitchen.

I’m pretty excited to see what y’all do!
    Kristina @ The Purple Pea´s last blog post post ..The Hutch- A Update and the Finale

6. Janis says:

I hope the brick fireplace stays — feels very cozy to me. Something familiar about the layout… :)

7. I was scanning each photo mumbling, “LOVE that! Yeah, THAT has to go.” I’m looking forward to seeing whar we agree on!
    Sunny’s Life in Rehab´s last blog post post ..Vote for the Teensy Top Hat!

8. Krystal B says:

I like the paneling!!! Overall, it looks like it is in pretty good shape. Any changes to the layout planned? Another marble master bathroom?!? Can’t wait to follow along!

9. Jen says:

I just love the kitchen countertops – ha!! Can’t wait to see what you do!

10. Carpet Pro says:

Nice renovation project you have on your hands! Really liked the exterior exposed brick, and the house flow, overall is very nice and inviting. The part of the house that could use lot of work is the enclosed patio, looks kind of awkward with the french doors. Why not convert it into part of the house? I am interested to see what you guys will do with that area. Best of luck with all the renovation steps ahead :)

11. Oh I can’t wait to see what you do with this gem! I love the ceiling in the foyer!! The breakfast room is interesting, I can’t wait to see what you do with it!
    katie@Impatientlyprayingforpatience´s last blog post post ..Table drama

12. Amanda says:

Like some of the others, in every picture I saw “yay” and “nay.”

Love the tray ceiling in the foyer. Front door and those posts are a nay.
    Kitchen cabinets look to be in good shape – with new hardware/counters/appliances. Maybe open up that wall between kitchen and family room?
    I don’t like the curved windows in the breakfast nook. Windows, yes, curved, no. But that may be a big ticket item to replace…
    Jack & Jill bath looks pretty good (new counters/sink?), but the others need some love.

It has good bones. Wow. So much potential. I can’t wait to see what you do with it!

So awesome Liz! Love the paneled family room! And the columns in the living/dining room area. Love having a breakfast nook. HATE that weird rounded wall of windows IN the house. What were they thinking?! Can’t wait to see what you’re going to do with it!

I must have been sleeping yesterday – how did I miss this post!? The layout (in pics only) reminds me of your house….the covered patio etc..

Is your flip near your current home ?
    Katrina´s last blog post post ..Craigslist Made Easy

15. Joan says:

LOTS of pictures to whet our decorative appetites! When I read over the comments, several LOVED the rounded breakfast room, and an equal number HATED it. Hard to figure out which way to turn. Looks so huge! The enclosed patio is grim, as are the sliding doors. Like lots of the other things. The hallway looks sooooooo long. Anyway to give it a different vibe?

16. Nicole says:

I grew up in Dallas and currently live in the Kessler Park area of Oak Cliff, and I LOVE this house! It reminds me of so many of the beautiful homes of days gone by in Dallas. I don’t like the 4th bedroom door being off the laundry room…hope you guys change that entry. I do actually like the covered patio, though. I think that could be a beautiful room, especially in hot Dallas summers when it’s difficult to endure outside. I also love the breakfast room…please don’t change it much!
    Great find! Looking forward to reading about its transformation!

• Liz says:

Nicole,

Lucky you to live in such a gorgeous neighborhood!

I can officially say that some of your wishes will be granted for the new floor plan, but others won’t. :) I hope you’ll stay tuned to find out!!

~ Liz

17. Lauren says:

Do you need some mirror and plywood chunks?? Pretty good for iPhone pics – let the games begin!
    Lauren´s last blog post post ..Busy How to make a DIY schedule