The Flip: Day 49

Yesterday was a day full of progress.  When we first arrived to check in, we were greeted by this sight:

The Flip: Day 49

The cabinets were being primed!!! And when we left, we got a glimpse of all of the interior doors being delivered:

The Flip: Day 49

Progress, I tell ya!

This morning before work, my mom snuck over there and snapped a few shots of how the flip’s looking right now:

The kitchen cabinets . . .

The Flip: Day 49

The Flip: Day 49

The Flip: Day 49

The Flip: Day 49

The shower in the jack ‘n jill bath . . .

The Flip: Day 49

. . . with an accent made out of the backsplash tile we had left over from the last flip.

The Flip: Day 49

And the master bathroom!

The Flip: Day 49

The Flip: Day 49

Let’s hope today brings just as much progress!

Comments

Holy moly it’s so exciting I can barely stand it! Love that accent in the bathroom and so awesome that it’s with leftovers! Love it! And the tile around the master bath is to die for. The people who buy this house are so darn lucky!!!

2. You’re making so much progress, and it’s so much fun to watch! It has to be so much fun for you (in addition to potentially being a little stressfull at times :-)).
    pk @ Room Remix´s last blog post post ..Giveaway! you wont want to miss this one!

3. Isn’t it fun to watch the progress?
    karen@strictly simple style´s last blog post post ..Use What You Have Christmas Decorating

4. Joan says:

I LOVE IT ALL! But my favorite is the fab transformation of the great room with the kitchen cabinets. The cabinetry looks wonderful, and the room is evolving beautifully!

5. Meredith says:

The mosaic tile in the bathroom is gorgeous!

6. Gorgeous tile in the master bath. Looks like you’ve been busy!

7. Your cabinets are going to look amazing. Can’t wait to see it all together It looks amazing already in the white photo. And, your tile? I’m dying over here. Need to see it all.
    Kim@NewlyWoodwards´s last blog post post ..Slow cooker stuffed green peppers meatless

8. Irene says:

It’s coming along so quickly. That’s the benefit of hiring contractors rather than doing things yourself.

• Liz says:

Irene,

You are 100% correct. There are definitely some things we’ve hired people to do that we could either do or learn to do, but we decided that it would make more sense in our situation (i.e., flipping) to pay someone else to do it correctly and quickly rather than rack up months of interest payments, taxes, utilities and property insurance while we went through a serious learning curve. Not everyone would make the same decision, but it works for us and allows us to move onto the next project that much quicker!

~ Liz

9. Gosia says:

Your kitchen looks amazing. I would like to know what paint/tools you use for painting your kitchen cabinets. My husband and I are going to repaint our oak kitchen cabinets white and we’re not sure what to use. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks!
    Gosia´s last blog post post ..Groundhog swistak Phil przepowiedział wczesną wiosnę

Thanks, Gosia! We hired professional painters to do this job, and I know they used a paint sprayer and oil-based semi-gloss paint. Before they sprayed they removed all of the cabinet doors and drawers so they could be sprayed separately from the cabinet frames. They also primed the cabinets before painting, which would be important in your case so that none of the wood grain bleeds through. I hope this helps!

10. Ramona says:

Liz – In the first picture it appears as though the painters started painting with some of the doors still attached. What did your hinges look like after they had painted? We are also planning on doing this to our cabinets. We have been practicing on doors and trim building up to the main event of the cabinets. Love what you did and so glad I found your blog . . . better late than never!

Hey Ramona! You’re right, they did paint some of the cabinetry with the doors still attached. They taped off the hinges and drawer glides, VERY carefully, with painters tape and everything looked great once they took the tape off. One thing to note is that these cabinets had Euro hinges (they look like this http://www.amazon.com/Danco-Degree-Overlay-European-Style/dp/B0037MCVAU) that are entirely hidden when the cabinet door is closed. I’m not sure if it would make a difference if you had a different kind of hinge, but I just thought I’d point it out just in case! Hope this helps. :)