The Flip: Counter Tops & More

Are you ready for a slew of the worst iPhone photos in recorded history?  Many of these were taken at night, with only a flashlight for illumination.  Aren’t I just the best blogger?  :)  Sorry, maybe it will build the suspense for the final reveal!

Anyhoo, all of the counter tops have been installed!!!  We used 2 different companies for fabrication – one gave us a great deal on remnants for the bathrooms but were really high for the kitchen counter tops, so we used another company for those.

Here is the bar in the kitchen getting a few custom, on-site tweaks:

The Flip: Counter Tops & More

Sorry for the blurriness, but didn’t the island turn out gorgeous?

The Flip: Counter Tops & More

The back wall of kitchen cabinets:

The Flip: Counter Tops & More

A close-up of the granite (we went with the Kodiak, in case you’re curious):

The Flip: Counter Tops & More

Now on to the bathrooms – they’re all polished Mexican Noce travertine, and I’m really in love with them!

The Flip: Counter Tops & More

Here they are in the Jack ‘n Jill bath:

The Flip: Counter Tops & More

And being fitted for the master bathroom:

The Flip: Counter Tops & More

The counter top is pretty dusty, but you get the idea!

The Flip: Counter Tops & More

And the tile is finally starting to come together.  All of the trades have been in each other’s way, so it’s been slow going.

The Flip: Counter Tops & More

More travertine on the floor . . .

The Flip: Counter Tops & More

And that’s it for now!  Painting is supposedly finishing up tomorrow, with the bamboo floors going in on Friday.  Hmm, who wants to bet that doesn’t happen?  :)

Comments

1. Irene says:

Our counter tops just got installed this morning. (damn hubby for not having a camera and emailing me photos). I think the counter tiops really give the room a finished look. Without them, the place looks undone. You chose those bathroom counter tops nicely. So elegant and pretty.
    Irene´s last blog post post ..I Dream of a Mantel

• Liz says:

Irene,

Thanks!! Ugh, that is torture for you having to wait to see the counters – I hope your day passes quickly!! :)

~ Liz

2. Meredith says:

Yay for bamboo floors!! The granite tops looks great

3. I love the marble you chose for the kitchen — it’s nice and unusual (but not too unusual, if you know what I mean). All that travertine is really fab, too. Going the remnants-route for bathrooms is definitely the right decision!
    Averill (Odi et Amo)´s last blog post post ..Goodbye Patrick

4. Janis says:

Loved the sneak preview tour! Thanks, Liz: it’s EVEN more gorgeous in person.

Love it all Liz! The bathrooms are just gorgeous and that kitchen island is longer than my whole kitchen, for sure! Awesome!!! Fingers crossed it all gets completed as planned this week…

6. paula says:

wow! it all looks so gorgeous. That island is amazing.

Thx, for the tweet today!
    paula´s last blog post post ..Decking the Halls

7. Holy beauty – I’m just lovin’ them. I have a thing for new countertops. As in, I love them. Great choices.
    Kim@NewlyWoodwards´s last blog post post ..Black Friday and holiday trimmings

8. Shannon U. says:

I will take the blurry Iphone photos over NO photos any day! Thanks for not making us wait. I’ve been checking back the past couple weeks. Love watching the flip progress. We’ve flipped 2 houses in the past 20 years and I must say it’s just so much easier to watch someone else do it! ha
    But seriously, y’all have great taste and it’s coming along nicely.

9. Joi says:

Loving all of your choices! This process is so fun to follow.
    Joi´s last blog post post ..Decking Our Halls

Liz – everything you’ve selected looks amazing!! WOW – I love the counter-tops they looks so good
    Katrina´s last blog post post ..Holiday Cheer