The Flip: Days 65-66

Before I left town on Friday we had some exciting developments at the flip.

Hardware was installed on all of the doors . . .

The Flip: Days 65 & 66

I love these levers!!

The Flip: Days 65 & 66

The shower glass was installed – it totally changes the look of the master bathroom!

The Flip: Days 65 & 66

We also switched out the glass door on the shower in the 3rd bathroom – it was pretty nasty before, and looks soooooo much better now:

The Flip: Days 65 & 66

We didn’t go completely frameless on that door because we didn’t think it was worth the added cost, and I’m happy with that decision because this door looks great!

The last thing I saw before I left (to go on our annual shopping trip with my mom, sister and aunt) was this:

The Flip: Days 65 & 66

Woohoo!! I’m loving the 1 x 2 subway tile – it’s interesting but not too interesting next to the granite – don’t want too much competition!

And while I was gone Jason was sending me lots of updates, so I didn’t feel like I was missing too much of the action. He hauled over all 5 zillion of the boxes of bamboo so they could acclimate, and had a little help opening all the boxes from the tile guy’s kiddos – too cute!

The Flip: Days 65 & 66

And speaking of Ben, our tile guy, he’s been working magic with some travertine in the jack ‘n jill bathroom:

The Flip: Days 65 & 66

I saw it last night and the entire bathroom is almost finished – I’m dying over it!!

Is everything looking like you thought it would? Did you have a fab weekend, too?!?

P.S. It was a blast reading your comments on the Saturday Style post – thanks so much for your feedback and lovely words, I was so nervous about how that post would be received since it’s a big departure from the main discussions on this blog. You guys rock!!

Comments

Totally awesome – all of it! The chevron tiles in the bathroom have me swooning. I want you to come redesign for me please! :)

• Liz says:

Christy,

New Jersey, here I come!! I can’t wait to show you guys how the chevron turned out!

~ Liz

2. Kathy says:

The chevron pattern will be amazing. Those pieces have to be individually cut to that shape, right?

Kitchen coming together nicely. Backsplash looks great!

• Liz says:

Kathy,

Yes, they do! Lots of detail, luckily our tile guy is very precise. We now have boxes of triangle-shaped pieces that are left over – thinking we’ll use them for accents in future bathrooms, or maybe as a backsplash!

~ Liz

3. Erin says:

I love the door hardware! It’s beautiful.

Everything is looking so lovely. I’m so envious that this is all coming together so quickly for you. It seems like my renovation is moving at a snail’s pace compared to your flip!
    Erin´s last blog post post ..Getting back in the garden

• Liz says:

Erin,

Renovations can never be finished fast enough, can they? I don’t think so! Good luck with yours. :)

~ Liz

1st love the interior doors you selected. 2nd can the door hardware you picked be anymore perfect!! wow
    Katrina´s last blog post post ..Mapping Out the Wine Country

• Liz says:

Katrina,

Thanks, it definitely helped a ton when you guys gave your feedback about which door to choose – I’m really happy with them, too! And I’m a total sucker for that door hardware – we have the brushed nickel version in our house and 2 years later I still love it!

~ Liz

5. Jessica McMurtrey says:

Love love love the hardware on the doors. Cant wait to see the finished product.

6. Shannon U. says:

Love the handles. Hadn’t seen that style before! The subway backsplash was a great choice. Not too busy, yet interesting enough.
    I totally concur with going for the semi-frameless look. It’s a great look at a much more justifiable cost, huh?
    Can’t wait to see the bamboo floors and chevron tile!

• Liz says:

Shannon,

Thanks, we agonized over the backsplash! We also agonized over whether to do a tinted grout or go with white – we ultimately went with white and now Jason is having second thoughts – uh oh! :)

~ Liz

7. Mallory says:

Can you please tell me where the door hardware is from?!

Sure! It’s the Kwikset Signature Series Ashfield collection in polished chrome, and we got it from Build.com. Happy hardware-ing! :)