The Flip: Ch-Ch-Changes

You guys, things are happening!!  I can hardly even recognize the flip anymore there’s been so many changes in the past few days.  It actually looks like a real house that someone might actually want to buy – heart be still.

Okay, this is pretty much how things looked the last time we talked, right?

The Flip: Ch-Ch-Changes

The bamboo floors are all dirty and nasty in these pictures, but today the flip was cleaned from top to bottom so they look oodles better (sorry, no pic of a clean flip yet!).

The Flip: Ch-Ch-Changes

Lighting has been installed . . . loving how this sleek pendant looks in the dining room!  We originally ordered a pendant with a drum shade but I fell in love with this linear version – no worries, the drum shade went into the master bedroom.  :)

The Flip: Ch-Ch-Changes

The patio is in the process of being scored and stained – hence the caution tape.

The Flip: Ch-Ch-Changes

Can we pause for a moment and talk about how awesome my mom is?  Look at these leaded glass panels she made for the kitchen cabinets!!!  We asked for the same style as the panels she made for our house, and we think they really add something special to this kitchen.

The Flip: Ch-Ch-Changes

Oooh, and the pendants were hung in the kitchen!  Remember the debate over how many pendants to have, and our saga when each different pendant we fell in love with was back-ordered?  Well, all that drama is behind us now and we’re super psyched over these pendants.  As you can see, we went with four of them and they’re basically a mercury glass look (more so when the pendants are on).  They bring a splash of black/dark gray to the kitchen that breaks up all of that white – something I didn’t realize it needed, but it looks great!

The Flip: Ch-Ch-Changes

We discovered a little seam in the drywall on the ceiling near the fireplace, so the drywall guy whipped up this little plastic cocoon while he fixed it.

The Flip: Ch-Ch-Changes

Here’s the drum shade in the master bedroom!  Personally, I like to sleep with a fan on in the bedroom, but I like the elegance the chandelier brings to the room – hopefully buyers will, too!

The Flip: Ch-Ch-Changes

The master bath is finally finished!

The Flip: Ch-Ch-Changes

I’m debating whether I like the shower or the tub better -  the shower is actually huge, which you can’t really see in this picture, but it extends about two feet further to the left behind the closet.

The Flip: Ch-Ch-Changes

Mmmm, I think I would like every wall to be tiled in this marble/onyx mosaic tile.

The Flip: Ch-Ch-Changes

Ooh, and the chevron patterned tile in the jack ‘n jill bath!!  Every time I see it I swoon a little bit more.  Each piece of tile was hand cut!  It boggles my mind.  In addition to every wall being tiled in that mosaic tile, I want every floor tiled in this chevron pattern.  Pretty please.  :)

The Flip: Ch-Ch-Changes

And dual flush toilets!!  We’re feeling so very eco-friendly.  :)  Oh yes, and we plan on doing this, too.

The Flip: Ch-Ch-Changes

The front door!!  I’m so glad we went ahead and replaced the old one.

The Flip: Ch-Ch-Changes

This is the door after its first coat of stain – I’ll have to show you a picture later of how it looks now that it’s totally stained and sealed – soooo gorgeous!!

Oh, side note.  The new front door handle has now been installed.  I know this because we went by the flip late last night to turn on the alarm and we couldn’t get in.  Why would that be?  Because the guys installed the handle and then locked the keys inside.  Oh yes, good fun for all.  We thoroughly enjoyed the two hours we spent with the locksmith at 10:30 at night.

The Flip: Ch-Ch-Changes

Anyhoo, we got new shutters, too!!  Even though it’s not even remotely architecturally correct, I decided to add shutters on either side of the bay window.  The nerve!  I think it looks better, but hopefully we won’t have any architecture buffs scoping out our little rancher.  :)

So that’s the latest update!!  How’s it looking to you?

Comments

1. Erin says:

Wow, it’s looking so great. My faves are definitely the dining room pendant, chevron tile and of course the bamboo floors (since we just installed nearly identical bamboo floors in our bedrooms). But the highlight of the whole thing is the leaded glass panels. I cannot believe your mom made those. They are stunning.
    Erin´s last blog post ..Winter window box

2. I love the Chevron tile. It looks gorgeous and so unique. The kitchen is going to be amazing! I’m just drooling over it.

Thanks for the kind comments about my dad – he’s out of surgery and heart’s beating on his own. Prayer works! Thank you.
    Kim@NewlyWoodwards´s last blog post ..Ode to dad

3. Janis says:

Those beveled/leaded doors above counter-top drawers (ingenious!) will be the tipping point! Who could resist?

4. Wait, what? Did you say your mom made those leaded glass inserts? I must know how she did it. Does she have a glass shop? Where does she get these mad skills?
    Perplexed in Cali,
    Kate
    Centsational Girl´s last blog post ..Simple &amp Last Second

Oh yes indeedy!! She’s been making them for about 30 years, and has made windows for my parents’ house, for family members – she took a hiatus for awhile, but now she’s back into it again and we’re all reaping the benefits. :) I’ll have to get some more information for you guys on how she does it!

5. Can I just say these pictures make me sick. Sick in a good way though!! It is so amazing it makes me long to live in this home! Terrific!!

6. Joi says:

Um, I am absolutely loving those chevron floors and the new front door. Stunning and so custom. Yum!!
    Joi´s last blog post ..Whats Good In Your Hood Houston

7. Fabulous!! I love the chevron tile pattern!
    Samantha@yearofhomeandhealth´s last blog post ..To Do List Update

8. Krista says:

Wow! It looks so great! I wish you could come over to Charlotte and help us with our reno. I’d love to know more about those pendants or any good online source you have for lighting. And that chevron tile. SWOON! I’ve been contemplating a carrera chevron or herringbone for our master bath and now I want it even more! You have great taste!
    Krista´s last blog post ..Obsessed- wallpaper

Krista, we finally found these pendants after a few others fell through, and I’m actually happy that the others didn’t work out! Here’s the link to the exact pendants we got (in the nickel w/silver glass option): http://www.shadesoflight.com/italian-lino_pendant.html. Hope that helps! :)

To everyone else, I’m having the best time reading your comments, you’re totally making my day!

9. Averill says:

Liz — y’all are just getting better and better at flipping. SO many custom details (LOVE the pendant in the dining room and the chevron floor in the jack and jill in particular) that really elevate the entire place to something TRULY special. It’s so much more than the standard flip with the standard upgrades. You’ve added some really design to the house. BRAVA BRAVA BRAVA!!!!
    Averill´s last blog post ..Virtual Vacation- Great Smoky Mountains

Thank you!!! There definitely is a learning curve when it comes to flipping, and I’m hoping we’re getting the kinks worked out. I definitely feel a lot more proud of this one than our last one (although I loved that one, too!), which is a great feeling! Thanks for your kind words. :)

10. Karin says:

O-M-G! I looooove your house!
    Karin´s last blog post ..Amor a primera vista

11. Rachel says:

Everything is looking so great!! You guys have a lot to be proud of! I’m obsessed with the chevron floors!! And where did you get those pendants? We’re soon going to knock out a wall in the kitchen to add a breakfast bar, and I’m really liking this look…
    Rachel´s last blog post ..Master Bath Re-do

12. Nicole says:

You guys did a wonderful job on this house! It looks beautiful!

13. Amanda says:

Simply, if I lived there, *I* would buy it. I love everything you’ve done!

Sooooo, what are the chances of you moving here? Ha, just kidding! Thanks, Amanda! ;)

14. Rebecca says:

OMG It’s so beautiful. I want to live there…unfortunately it is a little far from my current location in Florida. There is nothing about it I don’t love. I really love the front door…it’s gorgeous! I can’t wait to see it all clean and ready to go.

Love Love Love!

Me too!! It was deep-cleaned yesterday, but there are still a few odds and ends to take care of so there are still workmen in the house tracking around dust and dirt – it’s getting another quick cleaning today, and hopefully that will be the last one! (Ha, who am I kidding?)

15. Jen Rames says:

It looks amazing!!
    Jen Rames´s last blog post ..Fort Worth- Adventures in Cow Town

Why isn’t it correct to have shutters?! I have no idea, really! I can’t believe how fabulous it’s all looking! The chevron tiles! The tiled shower! The countertops! The lighting! It’s all so, so gorgeous. I wish I could buy it!!!

Yay! :) I’m of the opinion that shutters are kind of just another accessory that makes the house look good, but architecturally they are supposed to be functional so they should only be attached to windows where they can close (and they should be the right size to cover the window when closed). Eh, following the rules is no fun. :)

17. meredith says:

someday in another life and time i will so do this too. i am so jealous!! i love love love makeovers, design and DIY. this looks amazing! i can’t wait for more pics … hint hint;)
    YOURS, MINE AND OURS
    meredith´s last blog post ..Thats my face

18. Joan says:

My head is whirling over all the CHANGES that have occurred! Totally awesome! You are so brave and focused on your choices, and the ALL look completely fabulous. Three cheers for you and Jason! Can’t believe all the skills, talents, and experiences you all have had. No wonder it looks so terrific! Love all the pictures!

19. Emily S. says:

Liz, I never knew your Mom had glass talents in addition to her many other crafty talents! How cool! They’re beautiful, as is the rest of the house!

20. Lauren says:

I bow before you. (While cringing a bit & thinking “you’re killing me, Smalls!” in my head).

Slightly tempted to throw a sweet little Christmas party in your very own 5-star venue??

Handing over the hall pass – you guys must need a break!
    Lauren´s last blog post ..Spending spree vs kitchen-for-free

Wouldn’t that be fun?? I remember with the last flip we were very tempted to throw a pool party – now I wish we had! (P.S. The bowing is mutual – your DIY ninja skills totally rock.)

21. I cannot believe how fast you guys are whipping this out. It’s looking so good! I’m in awe of your mom making the leaded glass inserts too. Keep up the good work! :-)
    pk @ Room Remix´s last blog post ..Creative Decorating DIY Ideas and a Winner!

22. Sandy says:

It’s looks amazing!! I’m having a house built right now and the kitchen has similar elements so it’s awesome to see this and imagine my own…(-:

What kind of granite is that? I love it……

Ooh, how much fun to be building a house! I hope we’ll get to see it when it’s finished. :) P.S. The granite is Kodiak.

23. Wishing we hadn’t just bought a house in September! This is turning out beautifully! I love those kitchen cabinets!
    This is in DFW right? What suburban area? I’m down in Mansfield.
    Christina Lee´s last blog post ..DFW Photographer The Eason Family

24. Simon says:

wow it looks good, very cozy!
    Simon´s last blog post ..The Importance of Backing Up

25. Cara says:

I love that kitchen! I so want to rearrange my house so my kitchen is open to a living room area. It is so pretty!
    Cara´s last blog post ..Spool No 72

26. I LOOOOVE that kitchen!!!! I’m looking for similar white cabinets now….. Did you go to an outlet for yours? Any recommendations???
    Thanks
    Lizzie

Thanks, Lizzie! We actually had our cabinet guy make these so I don’t have a recommendation as far as manufacturers go. We’ve been tempted by the cabinets at Seconds and Surplus, however.