The Flip: First Stages of Staging

It’s a little hard to type this since my fingers are clenched into claws after assembling at least 5 zillion pieces of furniture yesterday with the much needed help of my mom, my aunt and Jason. They are beyond fabulous and deserve at least 2 ponies each.

The staging is far from complete, but here are a few pics of what went down yesterday:

The Flip: First Stages of Staging

The Flip: First Stages of Staging

(Clearly this t-shirt and jeans combo will not be making the Saturday Style post!)

The Flip: First Stages of Staging

( Only the seriously masochistic should undertake assembling these dining room chairs. )

The Flip: First Stages of Staging

(My mom made a snowflake out of our array of wrenches.)

The Flip: First Stages of Staging

The Flip: First Stages of Staging

The Flip: First Stages of Staging

Yes, I realize that most of these photos are virtually identical. Sorry, we were busy. :)  I’m really regretting not getting a picture of our 3-car caravan making the trip around the block to the flip with our tailgates open and boxes and rugs hanging out of the back.  Classy, don’t you think?

Anyhoo, now I’m going back at it, more later!

Comments

1. Elizabeth says:

Delurking to ask where the couch is from! I really love it, and it doesn’t have loose back cushions, and those are really hard to find.
    Elizabeth´s last blog post post ..House Projects 2011

World Market! It was on sale and I’m afraid they might have discontinued it since I don’t think I see it on their website anymore – I think it was the Chase sofa? Hmm, hopefully I’m wrong and it’s still around!

UPDATE: It’s actually the Emerson sofa! (But that doesn’t help since it’s still not on their website.) :(

2. Robin says:

did you BUY all this furniture? is it being sold with the house or keeping it for future projects?
    Robin´s last blog post post ..Free adorable gift tags

Yes! We decided to go for it because we think the house will show better with furniture in a few key rooms (the great room, dining room and master bedroom). If a buyer likes it, they are of course welcome to buy it, otherwise we’ll use it in future flips!

3. Rachel says:

awesome awesome awesome! everything is looking so great!!

4. Jen Rames says:

That is so exciting! How nice of your lovely mother and aunt to help out…happy Christmas week!
    Jen Rames´s last blog post post ..The Pearl Brewery

Happy Christmas week to you, too! And I know, I got lucky with my family members! :)

5. Lucinda says:

We can’t wait for the first open house!

6. Joan says:

Love the allen/hex wrench design. Truly an inspired construction. Thanks for all the great pictures!!! Now I want to see more of your staging!

7. Amber says:

Loving the simplicity of the bed too. Where did that come from?

Gorgeous! Lovely! Amazing! Wish I lived in Dallas so I could come check out for myself! :)

9. Larissa says:

I love all your flips (viewied from older posts) but it has been incredible to watch this one in real-time. I am patiently waiting for the pictures of what the house looks like staged. Have a wonderful New Year! I am sure 2011 will bring you even more sucess.

10. Jill says:

I’ve been following your flip and just realized when I walked by it with my dog this morning, it is one street over from me! The neighborhood is desperate for updated houses so thanks for doing your part and raising our property values, it looks amazing!

Ha, we’re doing our best! :) So cool that you live in the neighborhood, what a small world!