The Flip: Day 96

The sign is out!!

The Flip: Day 96

If all goes as planned, we’ll be listing the flip for sale this evening.  Woohoo!!!

I’ve been waiting for this moment for 96 days . . . plus the 11 months that passed after our last flip when I was dying to renovate another house.  I know it may seem fast, but I feel like it’s been a long time coming!

For quite some time we thought that we would also put our house on the market, and live in whichever house wasn’t snapped up.  Does that surprise you, or did you totally see that coming?

In the end we decided that the flip would probably sell first anyway (after all, the renovations are all shiny and new) and that our house really works perfectly for us right now – so going through all the stress of putting our house on the market would probably wind up being for nothing.  So for now at least, we’re staying put.  While I will be thrilled beyond belief to hand the keys over to its new owners, there is a little part of me that thinks it would have been really cool to live there.  Oh well, I’ll have to remember my favorite features and try to replicate them in my next home!

Although there have been low points when I was sick to death of this house, I really can’t wait to get my hands on another one.  There’s just so much to learn and so many new things to try!!  And with each one we’ll get better – right?  At least I hope so.  :)  I know that after a renovation lots of people say that they will never do another one, but not me.  I want this sucker to sell so I can start on our next project!

Anyhoo, fingers crossed that we get this baby listed on MLS tonight – let the showings begin!!

Comments

Woo-hoo!!!! So exciting Liz. My fingers and toes are totally crossed that you get to list this baby tonight! And I really hope you get your hands on another project soon. These flipping posts are sooo fun to read! I’m living vicariously through you!

PS – LOVE your realtor sign. Fresh, bright and totally different than your average realtor sign here!

Thanks, Christy! That’s what we were going for with the sign, so I’m glad it came across!

2. How exciting! Can’t wait to see the final pictures and I hope the house sells fast so we don’t have to wait too long before we see you tackle another!
    Samantha@yearofhomeandhealth´s last blog post post ..Well- Hello There!

It won’t be too long before the “final” pics are ready – I’m excited to show them to you guys!

3. Being the glutton for punishment that I am, I built three new homes in a period of nine years and loved every minute of it! They called me crazy but nothing beats the creative energy one musters to get the job done and the rewards to follow. Unfortunately{?} the last one turned out perfectly and I won’t be undertaking another build for us, but here in Michigan where there are foreclosures on every corner and mid-block, I’ve decided to jump onto the flip bandwagon to spruce up some places that just need a little TLC. Can’t wait to start on flip #1!

May you have multiple offers awaiting you by the weekend!

Ellen

Wow!! 3 new builds in 9 years is amazing – you might be my hero. :) Good luck on your upcoming flip!!!

4. Jen Rames says:

Exciting! I bet it will go fast. Looking forward to seeing more pics of your staging. Congrats!
    Jen Rames´s last blog post post ..Cheers! A Flashback to Champagne in Champagne

5. Rebecca says:

Yay!!! can’t wait to see pictures of the inside all shiny and ready to sell.

Soon!! The floors need another good scrubbing, but then it’s good to go! :)

6. Shannon U. says:

Looks so lovely! Sign day is fun, isn’t it? Did you use your new Lumix? It looks like a nice wide-angle picture. Can’t wait to see the MLS photos. Don’t keep us waiting too long! :)
    I always look at the DFW MLS and I will say – I feel there’s a real lack of stylishly renovated houses under 1mil. Yours will go fast, I am sure!

Yes, I’m loving the new camera!! And I’m hoping you’re right about it going fast, that would be amazing!

7. Joan says:

Your real estate sign rocks! Not only does it look wonderful in itself, but in front of your gorgeous flip! I am so excited we can share this with you guys!!!

8. So exciting! I’m hoping you find a buyer that loves it so much, they will pay above asking price. :D
    Irene @ OurUglyHome´s last blog post post ..Best of 2010

9. Woo-hoo is right! You did such a great job on this home, and I’m sure it’s a relief to be done and exciting to think about it selling (quickly!). All the best, and I’m looking forward to seeing the photos.

Happy 2011, btw!
    pk @ Room Remix´s last blog post post ..Hope and Honeysuckle

10. Congratulations on listing your flip! Wishing you a speedy sale :-)

Can’t wait to see the finished pics!