The Flip: Staging Sources for the Great Room

You guys, I’ve been smiling all day because of your awesome comments about the flip – you sure know how to make a gal feel good!!

Since I got lots of questions about where all the staging goodies came from, I thought I’d fill you in on my sources with links (where possible and while they last).

The Flip: Staging Sources for the Great Room

• sofa – World Market Emerson sofa
  • area rug – eBay, Braided Jute Area Rug from Natural Home Rugs in 9 x 12
  • coffee table – Overstock, Tray Top Bunching Table Set (came with 2 end tables that you’ll see later used as nightstands in the master bedroom)
  • green pillows – Pier 1
  • paisley pillow – Pier 1, Embroidered Paisley Pillow in Blue
  • throw – Ikea, Stockholm Throw in Beige (I think)
  • wooden bowl – Pottery Barn, wedding present, from my home
  • mercury glass balls (they’re really ornaments – shhhh)- I’m pretty sure I got most these guys from Hobby Lobby a few years ago (with some extras from my mom), from my home

The Flip: Staging Sources for the Great Room

The Flip: Staging Sources for the Great Room

The Flip: Staging Sources for the Great Room

I think that’s everything, but let me know if there’s something I missed, or if you have questions about any of the sources!

Comments

1. Awesome job! All of the items look very cohesive. I adore that picture – I would never have guessed it came from Ikea. They look like great staging pieces that you can use time and time again.
    Samantha@yearofhomeandhealth´s last blog post post ..Organization 101- The Coat Closet

Yay! That was our plan (to use it again and again), so I’m glad the furniture, etc. is coming across as versatile. :)

2. Lisa says:

what do you do with the staging furniture after the house sells? Store it for the next flip? Sell it? Use it in your own space? Did you stage the last house you flipped?

Great questions! This is our first time staging, so we’re kind of making it up as we go. Our plan is to store it (unless the buyer wants to purchase some of it), but I have a feeling a few pieces might sneak their way into our house. :)

3. I love it all. You really have a knack. I’m afraid I’m going to need to buy that coffee table. Just lovely.
    Kim@NewlyWoodwards´s last blog post post ..A New Years wedding

4. Wordfiend says:

How do you determine a budget for staging a flip?
    Wordfiend´s last blog post post ..I love it when you call me names!

What a great question!! I think you could probably get a ton of different answers to that question, so I’ll just tell you what we did. :) In our case, we looked for the very best deals that we could find while keeping in mind an overall “look” that we were going for. If that meant that we had to spend a little more on some items than we would like then we just tried to save on other pieces. We also tried to keep the budget under control by only staging the rooms that we thought were absolutely necessary – in our case, the great room (since it’s so large we thought buyers could use a hand in figuring out how they would use it), the dining room (it’s a little unique since it has an adjoining room) and the master bedroom (since those are the peeps footing the bill!!) :) We knew that we were planning on reusing this furniture for all of our future flips so we viewed this as an investment.

This plan wouldn’t work for a lot of people, like those that are currently living in their home (ours is vacant) or someone that only plans on selling one home. In those scenarios, it would be best to minimize the amount of furniture bought and focus on accessories, paint, and general sprucing. Or at least that’s my take on things! :)

• Wordfiend says:

I guess it does make a difference that you’re planning to continue flipping houses. That makes the furniture a business investment.

When we sold houses we were living in, we rented a storage locker and really, really de-cluttered. It made it much easier to spiffy up for showings. Bonus: it got some of our stuff pre-packed.
        Wordfiend´s last blog post post ..I love it when you call me names!

5. Shannon U. says:

Oh wow – I was just checking in after a couple of days and to see all the lovely photos is so exciting! How genius to label and put arrows for your sources. Am I oblivious – or did you ever tell us your paint colors as well? Love ’em. Yes, your stage furniture appears very transitional. I think it will appeal to many and offend no one. Great job!!

6. I love the furniture at World Market. I probably will buy the majority of new furniture for our home there. You have such excellent taste. The home is so awesome. I know it will sell so quickly for you because when someone walks in the front door they will fall in love with it. I bet they will want to buy all the furniture and accessories also!

Super freaking cool. Love the sources you use and now I totally want you to come re-do my whole house. :) Fingers crossed that all your guys hard work pays of in spades, and QUICKLY!

8. Jen Rames says:

It looks fabulous! I love the dining table, leather chairs, and the bar stools in particular.
    Jen Rames´s last blog post post ..Twelve Months of Dining in 2011

9. Katie says:

First, I should say I just found your blog and love it! I see tons of blogs and am never very impressed, but I enjoy yours.

Second, you have done an amazing job on this room. I really love the dining table from World Market.

Excited to see more!

10. Tonya says:

I love the staging almost as much I love the reno! You guys did such a fabulous job! I don’t blame you for being tempted to move in – the little bit you have shown is just gorgeous!

11. I like the lines of that World Market table. I’m kind of tempted to buy one.

Kelly
    Kelly@TearingUpHouses´s last blog post post ..Flying With More Than Just Pants aka HELP

12. Rachel says:

Quick question… I’ve been on the lookout of a glass coffee table similar to this one. Are you happy with the quality of this piece??

GREAT JOB ON EVERYTHING!!! Just got through looking at the dining room too — love it all! That buffet is great!
    Rachel´s last blog post post ..Getting in the Christmas Spirit

Yes, I was pleased with it! Since it has a glass top I definitely wouldn’t recommend putting your feet on it or anything, but I thought it was a good value for the money, especially when you factor into the price the 2 end tables and accompanying trays (that are extremely nice – in fact, the trays might be the nicest part!) that were included.

13. Nuha says:

oh my goodness! I LOVE your bar stools!!