The Flip: Staging Sources for the Dining Room

Did you guys have a great weekend?  We actually got snow here in Dallas, which was kind of exciting.  The weather got all crazy right before our open house on Sunday, which we were pretty worried about, but somehow we still had a really great turn out!

Thanks for your awesome comments about the dining room!  Here are the sources we used for staging (with links where possible and while they last).

The Flip: Staging Sources for the Dining Room

• chandeliercb2, Lumen Pendant Lamp, no longer available (Ack!  I just looked for it and it seems to have been discontinued – I was thinking of getting it for our home, so this kind of breaks my heart!)
  • dining table – Weir’s, local furniture store (has 2 leaves not pictured)
  • upholstered chairs – World Market, Marco Dining Chair in Surf (on sale)
  • striped rug – Pottery Barn, 8 x 10 Striped Cotton Mat in Blue (steal of the century!)
  • silver bowl/tray – Macy’s, Nambé “Uliveto” Bread Tray, wedding present, from my home
  • woven decorative balls – Home Goods

The Flip: Staging Sources for the Dining Room

• wood buffet – Home Goods
  • glass-base lamps – Home Goods
  • floral canvas artwork – Ikea, PJÄTTERYD

That’s all, folks!  If there’s anything I missed or if you have any questions, hit me up in the comments!  :)

Comments

1. Lauren says:

I love being able to see your flip all the way through. The staging looks great. If I ever have the capital to do a flip, I would absolutely love to. If you have any problems with your next flip, you should look through the articles on http://www.charlesandhudson.com. They’ve helped direct me through a lot of my home improvement tasks. Anyway, great flip and I look forward to seeing what you do next.

Lauren, thanks for the tip about Charles and Hudson – at first glance it looks great!

2. Katie says:

I love the sideboard from Homegoods. Great find!

Ha, I almost had to fight for it! After I put dibs on it with a sales clerk another woman tried to buy it – close call! :)

3. Hey Liz – I had no idea Pottery Barn rugs could be so cheap! I’m considering this one for our living room, but I wanted to ask your opinion of the durability and thickness. Is this the kind of rug that would always be flipping up on the corners or wrinkling up in the middle? Do you think having a rug pad underneath would prevent any of that?
    Let me know what you think and thanks for the source list. :)

P.S. Dallas is the closest Ikea to us (Fayetteville, AR), so sooner or later we’re going to have to make a trip down – with a trailer! Lucky you for living close to one! :)

Seriously, I was SHOCKED at the price! Great questions – this is definitely more of a mat than a rug (think of a thick towel). I definitely think a rug pad would be a great idea and would help with the edges flipping up. It is a looped weave, so I think it’s probably prone to catching on dog claws and things like that – ours had a few snags when we took it out of the packaging. All in all, it looks good and is great for adding some color and pattern, but it probably won’t last for the long haul – so good thing it’s not too expensive. :)

And OMG, that’s a serious trip for Ikea! Before we had one close to us we drove to Houston (about 5 hours) for my first Ikea trip – totally worth it. :)

4. Stunning! I especially love that buffet, can’t believe it was at Homegoods!
    Sara @ Russet Street Reno´s last blog post post ..Source list updated

I know, I was surprised! I usually don’t see many casegoods there, so I totally did a happy dance that we’d be able to find something in our budget. :)

5. Joan says:

Loved the staging details. But what I REALLY want to hear about is lots of details about the Open House!!!

6. I’m sorry, but you can no longer post your sources. Kim feels the need to pick something to buy each time. This time, it’s the rug.

Love, Kim’s husband. ;)
    Kim@NewlyWoodwards´s last blog post post ..You musts

7. Monica says:

I love that PB rug! My question is: what do you plan to do with all of the flip furniture once you sell the house? Sorry if you have answered this one before. You guys have done a great job on this house. It is beautiful. I hope you get a contract soon.

Ha, it’s true, you’re not the first to ask! :) It’s a great question – unless the future buyer decides to buy the furniture (could happen, right?), our plan is to rent a storage unit where we’ll keep the furniture and fixtures, etc. that we snag along the way before our next renovation project. Of course, it’s entirely possible that some of the pieces could find their way into our own home . . . :)

Ooh! I love the two lamps perfect finds!! The canvas print from Ikea looks great!
    Katrina´s last blog post post ..CLH on the Nate Berkus Show! Today!