The Flip: The Master Bedroom, Then & Now

So far we’ve toured the great room, dining room, laundry room, and the jack ‘n jill bathroom – next up is the master bedroom!

Here’s how it looks now after a few tweaks and some staging:

The Flip: The Master Bedroom, Then & Now

And here’s how it looked when we bought it at the end of September:

The Flip: The Master Bedroom, Then & Now

The Flip: The Master Bedroom, Then & Now

The room is a great size and had a vaulted ceiling, so that was a great starting point. In addition to new paint, crown molding, bamboo floors and a few other upgrades, we also closed off two doorways – the sliding doors leading to the enclosed patio (which has since become part of the great room) and a door to the master closet (there is another entrance through the bathroom so the second door was overkill). Closing off the doorways gave the room a lot more usable wall space, which I always think is a great thing!

Here are a few more shots of the finished master bedroom:

The Flip: The Master Bedroom, Then & Now

The Flip: The Master Bedroom, Then & Now

The Flip: The Master Bedroom, Then & Now

The Flip: The Master Bedroom, Then & Now

The Flip: The Master Bedroom, Then & Now

How’d it turn out?

Comments

1. Lindsay says:

You’re killing me with how awesome your rooms are!
    Lindsay´s last blog post post ..Art for the Living Room

2. Leila says:

So light and bright! And SO smart to close off the doors. We closed off the second entrance to our master (from the kitchen) and it allowed us to do a whole bank of cabinets! Love how your flip turned out!
    Leila´s last blog post post ..blog love awww shucks

Oooh, cabinets sound fabulous! I know, it seems like some houses have gone door crazy – how many do you really need?

3. Amber says:

Love it… please tell us where the bed came from. I’ve been looking for a similar upholstered bed.

4. Jen Rames says:

It looks great! I am loving your dark bamboo floors more and more…jealous!
    Jen Rames´s last blog post post ..Dry Comal Creek Vineyards and Winery

5. Samantha says:

Are you going to do a source list for this room? I love those side tables!!!!!

This room is so airy, I need to come sleep there :)
    Samantha´s last blog post post ..Things You Should Know About Me If We’re Going To Be BFF

Yes, a source list is definitely on the agenda for tomorrow! P.S. Side tables were part of a set that came with the coffee table from Overstock.

6. Jenny says:

LOVE the mirror above the bed. I have been looking for one like that… where did you get it?

7. That floor is just stunning! And I love the styling of the bed. Nice job.

8. Joan says:

The master bedroom turned out to be fabulous! Aside from the room now being seriously wonderful, removing sliding glass doors from anything is an improvement! Love the unexpected pillow, which provides a little edginess. (Is that a word? Can’t imagine how to spell it.) Where did you get the pillow with the zebra print? Looks divine! Love the light blue rug with the dark brown floors also.

9. Michelle says:

Oh, I LOVE the floor! Is the bamboo much cheaper than hardwood? I think that duvet is from Pottery Barn–I can’t wait to find out tomorrow ;). I know because I’ve had my eye on it too! Absolutely love this room…It would feel so serene to come in here and relax every day!
    Michelle´s last blog post post ..Blizzard 2011 by the numbers

10. Comeca Jones says:

I love it totally my style!
    Comeca Jones´s last blog post post ..My Baby DollsReborns

11. Janine Greene says:

Love this master bedroom renovation! Talk about total revamp. All of the pieces are so tasteful and chic, from that mirror to the light fixture and the bed frame. I am in the process of renovating my master bedroom as well, we are just replacing the carpet and can’t wait to have fun with all the staging details. Thanks for sharing, you did an amazing job!

12. Lovely. I could live there. What if someone comes in and wants it all, as is? Would you sell all the furniture?
    Kim@NewlyWoodwards´s last blog post post ..Squares in a scarf

We’ve talked about that possibility, and with the right offer we would definitely be open to selling all (or some) of the furniture along with the house!

13. those floors are gorgeous! this is so lovely. I am telling you, I would buy it in a heartbeat. Hope the selling is going as well as the staging did.
    KellyMichelle´s last blog post post ..McNugget giveaway

14. Meredith says:

Looks great!!

Umm…fabulous, of course! Just like a fancy schmancy hotel room. I’d be happy to call it home! Well done, Liz!!!

16. Irene says:

I am so glad you are a minimalist when it comes to staging. So many times I’ve seen rooms so filled with crap that you can’t really see the bones of the room itself.

17. Lauren says:

The crown molding makes so much of a difference! Wow. I love how simple cosmetic changes can dramatically improve a space. Great work Liz!
    Lauren´s last blog post post ..Craftsman Lawn Tractor Does Cut Corners

18. Lauren says:

Really great photos! Will you use these in the listing?

For the listing we used a combination of a professional photographer’s photos of the house when it was unfurnished, and my photos of the house after it was staged.

19. LOVE this room. I have been wanting to see this bedding in someone’s room for awhile and am just about to hit “add to my cart” on the PB website! Have you been impressed with the quality? The only thing I’m worried about is tons of wrinkles, I’m not the type to iron my duvet cover and hope it doens’t drive me crazy. Would love to know how it’s held up for you so far! Great blog!

I love this bedding, too! As for the wrinkles, I can’t really say – we used this bedding to stage a home that we had flipped so it didn’t really get any day-to-day use. That being said, it feels like a fabric that would wrinkle/crease easily – we used a steamer to steam out the wrinkles that were there when we bought the bedding and it worked great. Sorry I couldn’t be more helpful!