The Flip: Staging Sources for the Master Bedroom

Thanks for your awesome feedback about the master bedroom!  Staging it was a fun project to tackle since I kind of got to pretend like it was my own home and add in some things that I’ve been lusting after, like the upholstered headboard and frame.  (I want to steal it!!)

Here are the sources we used for staging (with links where possible and while they last):

The Flip: Staging Sources for the Master Bedroom

And here’s all I needed to make that cute little zebra pillow out of the placemat I scored from Bed Bath & Beyond for only $3.99:

The Flip: Staging Sources for the Master Bedroom

That’s just the placemat, a seam ripper, fabric glue and some pillow stuffing – talk about an easy project!  (If you’re interested, click here for another post where I DIY’ed some placemats and napkins into pillows using a sewing machine instead of fabric glue.)

Anyhoo, that’s it for the staging sources!  If I left anything out or you have any questions, hit me up in the comments!

Comments

1. JenM says:

What do you do with all of the staging goodies when you’ve sold the house? Do you sell them with the house, use them yourself, sell them or put them into storage for the next flip?
    JenM´s last blog post post ..Sunset

Great question! We’ve never staged before so we’re kind of making things up as we go along, but our plan is to store all of the furniture in a storage unit to use in future flips. Of course, we’d be more than happy to sell some/all of it with the right offer. And if I’m being totally honest, some of it will probably wind up in my house until it’s needed for another flip. :)

• Katie says:

I was wondering that as well. It seems awfully expensive to stage… did you set a budget for these items? Or just kind of wing-it?

You’re right, this is definitely an investment. For us, it’s a business expense and something that we plan to use for years to come. If we use it for just this one flip, then spending the money doesn’t make sense, but if we use it on 5 or more flips then the expense is almost negligible in the grand scheme of what we spend renovating these houses. We definitely set a budget and stuck to it, and made it a point to try to buy furnishings that could be used time and again and would hopefully appeal to a large section of people. Other people may have made different choices, but so far we’re very pleased with the feedback we’ve gotten from showings and our open houses – hopefully it will stay that way!

2. Joan says:

FABRIC GLUE to make the pillow? How in the world did you decide/know to use glue? I appreciate your sharing your sources! The room truly does look serene and elegant!

I’m absolutely certain I saw some other blogger do it first, but it just seemed like an easy way to close up the seam without having to sew, especially since the pillow likely won’t be subject to much wear and tear. :)

Okay, now I want to know where that other pillow is from – the one in the background of the DIY shot – it’s FABULOUS!

4. Love the pillow. I’ve made a bunch of these, love to do it for holidays. I usually sew, but the fabric glue is pretty brilliant.

5. PS – that bed is an awesome deal. Wow!
    Kim@NewlyWoodwards´s last blog post post ..Squares in a scarf