The Beginnings of a Gallery Wall

I’ve been dying to create a gallery wall in our house forever, and I’m finally taking the plunge.  Yippee!!

The Beginnings of a Gallery Wall

Since I took this photo I’ve switched up the layout of the artwork, taken some of it out, and also changed  the wall it’s going on.  It turns out I may be a bit indecisive.  :)

Hopefully I’ll be able to finish it up over the weekend and have pictures for you guys next week.  I am so excited to see how it turns out!

Have you created a gallery wall in your home?  If so, I wanna see it!  Got any tips for me?

BTW, I’m thinking of posting the blog party around 10 p.m. tonight so that I have a chance to make sure everything’s working before I head off to bed.  If you don’t have your posts ready until tomorrow no worries, but feel free to link’em up tonight!

Comments

1. Mrs. Foot says:

Can’t wait to see it! It’ll be great, I have no doubt :) I love all the colors.

We did one in our house and you can see a few pictures here: http://theproudfeet.blogspot.com/2011/01/newest-goodies-in-house.html

2. Lisa says:

I think that’s going to look lovely. I’ve done one or two (all the links are in the post). And I still haven’t filled in the blank frames yet.

3. Jen Rames says:

Very fun! I want to get going with a photo collage wall at my house…maybe this will inspire me to get going! Also, I am starting to think I really don’t know what a blog party is so I am looking forward to finding out tomorrow… :)
    Jen Rames´s last blog post post ..Mushroom- Black Bean- and Tortilla Casserole

Ooh la la! LOVE it! I just updated mine this morning – the video is on my family blog. :)
    I hope you share the stories behind each piece – that stained glass is so pretty! And I love the big painting in the top left!

That one might be my favorite! :) I will definitely share the stories, don’t worry!

5. We have a gallery wall I created in our bedroom that is full of stuff that has meaning to us as a couple:

I hope you will share why you chose the items you did too!
    KT @ KT’s Refinishing School´s last blog post post ..30 for 30 Challenges- The Clothes

6. I have nominated you for an award. Please let me know if you want to accept.

Check it out

Laurie @ Little Blue Chairs

Help! How do I grab the blog party button? I’m working on my post right now and want to insert it at the top, if I can!?

Ha, you’re so cute!

Ack, I keep trying to put the code in here but it keeps turning into the blog party button! Sigh.

finish this sentence

Anybody know how to keep the code from turning into the button?

• christy says:

Ha! I think you might be able to email me the code. And am I lame if ALL of my inspiration images come from your flicker account?! I honestly have never even been on another one before, and I wouldnt know where to look/nor do I have the time to try to seek one out…hope I’m not lame! :)

Ha, I’m super flattered and of course I don’t think it’s lame!! Yay, I’m glad it’s helpful! (P.S. Emailed you the code, let me know if you have any problems with it.)

8. Donna Frasca says:

I saw your comment on Little Blue Chairs and wanted to come check you out. You have a great blog too! Come stop by and say hi when you get a chance.

Looks like its going to be pretty!! I really want a gallery wall in our home! I was going to do on in the living room – but that didn’t work out, I’m still hoping one happens

10. I want to do this up the stairway in my house. Love it!

11. Sharon says:

Hi Liz, I have done a post for your party but cannot seem to link up , cannot even cut and past my website on this message ,could you possibly link it up for me
    Sharon @ infatuated with homes and gardens

• christy says:

Sharon – I had trouble figuring out how to link up too – there’s a tiny little blue button that says link up, then I had to use my keyboard to copy and paste my url into it – it wouldn’t accept the copy paste with my mouse! IF that doesn’t work, you should be able to actually type the address in! Good luck!

Sharon, I’m so sorry about the confusion! That’s awesome you and Christy got it figured out. :)

12. I have been planning a gallery wall for months and still haven’t gotten it together enough to do it! I am afraid to take the plunge. :)

I know what you mean, I’ve been scared too! But once you start it begins to get a little less scary – so go for it!

13. Your gallery wall sounds great. Look so forward to seeing it when you get it up.