The Saga of the Breakfast Room Chairs: Finished!!

The chairs are finally finished!

The Saga of the Breakfast Room Chairs: Finished!!

Yes, the very same ones that I started talking about back in February – but they were totally worth the wait.  (Progress reports here, here, here, here and here.)

The Saga of the Breakfast Room Chairs: Finished!!

I started with four plain Ikea chairs and gave them a little more personality.

The Saga of the Breakfast Room Chairs: Finished!!

It was an incredibly easy project, but it did take f.o.r.e.v.e.r.

The Saga of the Breakfast Room Chairs: Finished!!

And yes, I did take a ridiculous amount of photos of them – if I devoted 9 zillion hours to them, then by golly I am going to photograph the heck out of’em!

The Saga of the Breakfast Room Chairs: Finished!!

I love the way our breakfast nook looks now – it’s a lot more “us” than our former table and chairs.

The Saga of the Breakfast Room Chairs: Finished!!

And the best part is that these slipcovers are totally washable!  A definite bonus for a klutz like me.

The Saga of the Breakfast Room Chairs: Finished!!

And while I had my doubts about Ikea chairs, these are super comfy.

The Saga of the Breakfast Room Chairs: Finished!!

So, what do you think – did you think this saga was ever going to come to an end?  How do you think the chairs worked out?  And stay tuned for a how-to post coming up soon . . .

Comments

1. Ali says:

They look great! That fabric looks awesome with the wood floors and table AND with your wall color. Awesome job! I have a chair I want to re-cover and I am totally stalling because I have never done it before, but this makes me want to get started. I love them!

GORGEOUS!

But what?!?!?! You’re not going to tell us how you did it right away? My first guess is paint?! But how? What kind?

Regardless, they’re stunning. Seriously, the prettiest chairs I have ever seen. I’ll take six, please. :)

3. steph anne says:

WOW, I LOVE IT!!!!!!!! Now I want these chairs for my house! I hope you’ll make a tutorial post on how you did these chairs. I love it!

4. MummyMaggie says:

They look amazing! I love the punch of blue in that graphic pattern. Very chic! Great job!

5. Jen Rames says:

Those are FABULOUS! Wow. Really great. I can’t wait to hear how you made them!
    Jen Rames´s last blog post ..Ranger Creek Brewing and Distilling

6. Love them! It’s even better that they’re slip covered.

7. Kristen says:

The chairs are ABSOLUTELY to die for!!!! I cannot WAIT to hear about how to make the covers as I have the same chair at my desk in the plain white fabric. I just read the comment above about them possibly being painted…..OH MY, do tell!!!!

8. Jill says:

Oh yes – you MUST post a tutorial! I’m in the market for a table and chairs for a new morning room … and this may be the way for me to go!

9. Lisa says:

Wow, they look great! Did you paint them? If not then you have mad sewing skillz.

10. Aimee says:

Wow! W0W! These chairs are doubly fabulous! Loved all the photos and how they turned out. You should be so proud of yourself. And they are washable . . . how great is that?!?! (I seem to have a thing for extreme punctuation.) Wonderful job. When can you start on my sofa, which is a tired white canvas?

11. OMG!!!!!! LOVE!!!!! This is a total idea steal project……………..great job!
    Janis@ Home Style´s last blog post ..Pretty Pillows- milk &amp cookies

12. Brittney says:

They looks so good! I love the fabric, perfect for your breakfast table!
    Brittney´s last blog post ..Ceiling Saga

13. rachel g says:

They look sooo good! Great job!!!

14. Yes Liz! I LOVE them! You definitely did the right thing by those chairs, and it’s so great that the covers are washable. I am just loving how your breakfast nook looks. Great job!
    Meredith @ Welcome to Heardmont´s last blog post ..Before and After- Cara’s Bar Stools

15. LA says:

I adore these chairs! I just discovered your blog today and I have subscribed! Great inspiration!

16. Excellent, awesome, beautiful, gorgeous, mind-blowing! Love them, love the pattern. I have a fabric with a similar pattern, only in purple, waiting for me to do something about it. And in my world, finishing a project you started in February is SPEEDY, so great job!

17. Liz - It's Great To Be Home says:

Thanks for all the love, guys! Reading your comments is so much fun – I’m glad you like the chairs! :)

18. Katie says:

Did you make them yourself? Your fabric matches perfectly at the seams. I am looking to make slipcovers for my own dining room chairs, but I’ve been afraid to start because I am so intimidated. Do you have any tips? Please share!

19. Gorgeous! Gorgeous! I have to go back and see all your progress posts, I must find out how you did this. I love them so much, seriously. Jealousy!!

20. Nicole says:

Super cute!

21. LeeAnn says:

They turned out fantastic! Great job!

22. Kerry says:

Love the way your chairs turne out and love your blog – such and inspiration to get my bum in gear and do something about all the decor issues we have at our home.

23. These are FABULOUS. The fabric is amazing and I love that you did it yourself. You are really inspiring me.
    Kim@NewlyWoodwards´s last blog post ..Renovation progress report – week 35

24. Wow, what a great idea, and they look fantastic! I like these so much, I think I’m going to feature them for a Daring Design post. Great job!

25. Lauren says:

I’m going to custom print four fabric designs: “Liz is clever”, “Liz is pretty”, “Liz has great taste” and “Liz #1 Fan 4EVA” and then tooootally copy your idea in these four complementary patterns. Suffice to say, these pups were worth the wait!
    Lauren´s last blog post ..She wants to buy my baby

Liz, they look amazing!!!!! I love the print you ended up going with :) looks great and you MUST do a ‘how to’ since we have the same chairs + they are comfy! huh! :)

27. those look amazing! love the fabric. can’t wait to see the how-to post, will definitely be bookmarking it for the future!

28. So. Worth. The. Wait.
    Wow!! I love them. I love your mad skillz, as well as the gorgeous fabric that you chose.

29. These are fabulous! Great fabric choice!

30. That shade of blue is stunning with the wood of your table. Excellent choice, the finished look was worth the effort. Now sit back and enjoy the heck out of that space!
    karen@strictlysimplestyle´s last blog post ..Keeping it Local for your Home Improvement Needs

31. Jennie says:

Wrap it up! I love the whole package! Your built in area with coffee & wine is inspiring me to change up some things in my white kitchen which is featured on my blog. Thx for sharing!

32. Love, love, love the fabric! Great choice. I can’t wait to see how you did it b/c I might tackle something like this myself :)

33. modern jane says:

Saw your chairs a few times this week and I think they are incredible! Well done.. I’m a new follower!

34. Rebecca says:

Great chairs! I’m pretty sure you painted the design on though… right? :) Awesome!

35. Heather M. says:

I just found your blog and I could not be more excited! My husband and I have the same Ikea chairs… white in a white kitchen with white walls! It is too much! Please post your tutorial so I can re-slipcover these bad boys and get some personality in here…..

36. kate h says:

I have been so non-committal about picking out fabric to recover the chairs in my dining room and this is EXACTLY WHAT I NEEDED!!!!! I can do this! But first I would love to see your tutorial. I’ll keep checking back in!

37. Stephanie says:

I found you through Centsational Girl. Love the chairs! You did a fantastic job. Your entire room looks just fantastic. As someone who would love to tackle a similar project but is somewhat intimidated, count me in as someone who would also love to see or read a tutorial of how you completed the chairs. They’re so pretty!

38. Well done! I love your beautiful chairs. Nice fabric selection. I have 6 black parsons chair and it’s looking a little plain, too. I would love to do something about it so I am looking forward for your tutorial. Your whole kitchen looks great, too.

I am your new follower, by th way.

Jessie

39. Natalie Cox says:

Did you paint these?! Way to go – they look fantastic! Can’t wait to find out how you did it.
    Natalie Cox´s last blog post ..Saturday – Family Post

40. Kathryn says:

Gorgeous. Love the pattern.
    Kathryn´s last blog post ..The beginning- Project Hallway Part 1

41. BEAUTIFUL. Truly, they look great.

42. nikki says:

What??? These look great.

When you posted your fabric choices I was picturing this fabric pattern going the other direction and didn’t think I would like that, but these look great.

I have been waiting for someone to create this fabric with paint, I knew it was only a matter of time. I know you haven’t said that you painted them, but I’m guessing that you did. They look fabulous!
    nikki´s last blog post ..Random Goodies

43. I LOVE them!

44. Katie Bower says:

Awe. Total and complete awe. Looks amazing. Can’t wait to read the how to!
    xo – kb

45. I am on the same search for fabric for my chairs! I love what you did to the slipcovers! Amazing!

46. Anny Almonte says:

They are gorgeous! You definitely made the right choice :)
    Anny Almonte´s last blog post ..Need a GPS Staples can help

47. Dani says:

Love the chairs!!!!

48. Pamela says:

I love the colours. Very bright a cheery and interesting to look at. I tackled the wonderful but time consuming adventure of re-upholstering my chairs:

How did you get your lines so clean and sharp? Share your secrets!

Pam
    Pamela´s last blog post ..Tea Time

49. Elle says:

They are fabulous!
    What an improvement :D very creative!
    x