Home Again, Home Again, Jiggety Jig

Were you guys starting to think I had dropped off the face of the earth?

I feel like it’s been forever since I got to chat with you, but it felt great knowing that my guest bloggers were holding down the fort.  Thanks again to Jen, Meredith, Christy and Sara!!  Y’all are so fabulously awesome.  :)

So, what have I been up to for the past 17 days?  (Not that I’ve been counting or anything.)  Well, Jason and I scooted off to Spain and Paris!!!!  I know, right?  Craziness – I’m still pinching myself.

We got back late last night and I’m spending the day doing laundry, returning emails, and just generally getting back into the groove of regular life.

Once I get my act together I’ll do a decent post about the trip, but in the meantime here’s a pic from each city we visited (pitifully unedited, sorry ’bout that).

Home Again, Home Again, Jiggety Jig

Madrid, Spain – Palacio Real de Madrid

Home Again, Home Again, Jiggety Jig

Toledo, Spain – Catedral de Toledo

Home Again, Home Again, Jiggety Jig

Malaga, Spain – view from Alcazaba

Home Again, Home Again, Jiggety Jig

Paris, France – Eiffel Tower

Home Again, Home Again, Jiggety Jig

San Sebastian, Spain – view of bay

Home Again, Home Again, Jiggety Jig

Barcelona, Spain – La Sagrada Familia (Antoni Gaudi)

What’s been going on with you?

Comments

1. Jen Rames says:

What an amazing trip! I can’t wait to see more pics – I love Spain!! And Paris!!… so jealous… Welcome home. :)
    Jen Rames´s last blog post post ..Twelve Months of Dining April Edition- Urban Taco

2. Jessie says:

Welcome home. It looks like a wonderful and fun trip. I have yet to visit Paris and it’s definitely on the top of my ‘to visit list’! And you guys took amazing pictures, too particularly the Eiffel Tower and the cathedral!
    Looking forward to see more pictures.

Jessie

3. wow talk about relaxing after that last house flip. Looks like you had fun! I’ll admit, I’m a bit jealous.

We had a great time!! Ha, but don’t get the wrong idea – we don’t always take such crazy vacations. :) We decided to treat ourselves for a few reasons – we hadn’t taken a trip just the two of us since our honeymoon 4 years ago, Jason had never been to Europe, and it’s pretty hard to get away from our real estate business so once we started planning our trip we thought it would be best to do a bunch at once rather than interrupting business multiple times for a few smaller trips. It was a lot of traveling at once, but definitely worth it!

Wow – what and amazing trip!!! Can’t wait to see more pics and hear all about it!

5. Pamela says:

It’s been my dream to one day visit Spain. Which city did you like the most?

This sounds so cheesy, but I don’t think I can choose!!

6. Emily S. says:

So THAT’s where you were!! :) Sounds awesome, Liz! Welcome home.

7. Mrs. Foot says:

Color me jealous ;) The pics are gorgeous and I can’t wait to see more and hear about your trip.

Welcome home!

8. Aimee says:

What an adventure! Love the pictures, and want to hear more about them. You and Jason make a darling couple!

9. Good for you! J and I have always wanted to visit Spain and France together. I’ve been to France but not Spain and he’s been to Spain but not France–can’t wait to see more and live vicariously through you :)
    KT @ KT’s Refinishing School´s last blog post post ..Organize- The Kitchen Pantry

10. Rebecca says:

This trip looks amazing! Isn’t it great to come home from a great trip, too, though? Welcome back!

11. So glad you guys had fun! I love that photo of the Eiffel lit up, and the last one from Barcelona is incredible! Can’t wait to hear all about your travel adventures. :)
    Meredith @ Welcome to Heardmont´s last blog post post ..Guest Post by Liz from It’s Great to be Home

These are fabulous pictures Liz! So glad you guys had such a fun time, and such great weather! Yahoo! Would love it if you’d share more!

13. Krista says:

Looks like it was a great trip! I was in Spain years ago and didn’t see much more than Barcelona, but I’d love to go back one day. I’ve heard San Sebastian is amazing. Did you love it?
    Krista´s last blog post post ..Cha Cha Cha Charleston

Yes, we LOVED San Sebastian!! It was a great relaxing break after Paris, really beautiful with a great beach and fun pintxos bars. Not a ton of sight-seeing, though, if that’s what you’re looking for, although I hear there are some great day trips.

14. Leigh-Anne says:

France and Spain! That must have been AWESOME! My husband and I are going to France for the first time in August and we couldn’t be more thrilled! Do you speak French? How was the weather? Any tips? Thanks a bunch!

Au revoir!