The Flip: Sold!!

Were you starting to think this day would never come?  Ha, I kind of was!  But I am pleased to report that as of Friday at about 6pm, the flip is officially SOLD!

Our Flip: SOLD!!

From the day it was listed to the day it closed, the flip was on the market for 4 months – during that time, we had lots of nibbles, the house went under contract in February (only to later fall through because the buyer realized she wouldn’t realistically be able to put a pool in the backyard), and went under contract again after lots of negotiations on April 5th.

Things went really smoothly after the house went under contract for the final time, and we closed on our half of the transaction on Thursday and moved out all of the staging stuff.  All of a sudden the house went from looking like this:

The Flip: The Great Room, Then & Now

to this.  (Sorry for the terrible iPhone photos – and the buyer bought the table/benches, which is why they’re still there).

Our Flip: Sold!!

All of the furniture, extra tile, etc. was moved into storage.

Our Flip: Sold!!

Our 10 x 10 storage unit was barely big enough!

Our Flip: Sold!!

And of course, no sale is complete without a minor heart attack at the 11th hour.  The buyer did a final walk-through on Thursday evening and noticed a leak in the master bathroom – we checked it out and sure enough, there was a leak.  I cannot tell you the heart palpitations that this gave me.

We made an emergency call to our contractor late Thursday night, he called us at 6:30 on Friday morning, met us at the flip by 7am and had a plumber out there by 9:30 to fix what turned out to be a really minor issue (the primary drain line for the A/C had become disconnected in the attic).  While we were waiting for the plumber, our contractor was telling us a very animated story about driving on the Autobahn and broke a window!  Insanity, but he got that fixed, too.

The buyer’s closing was delayed while all of this was going on, but everything was finally signed, closed and funded by late Friday night.  We were so thrilled that everything turned out in the end, but I definitely do not need to repeat that 24 hour period again, thankyouverymuch.  :)

And that is the story of how our flip went from “for sale” to “sold“.  On to the next one!!

P.S.  Missed a few posts about the flip?  You can catch up right here, and check out other homes we’ve renovated here.

P.P.S.  Remember Meredith from Welcome to Heardmont?  I’m so excited because I’m guest posting for her today!  Go check it out right here.

Comments

1. AWESOME JOB YOU GUYS!!! Congratulations! I’m so happy for you!
    I bet the new owner will love the house, and I’m so glad the leak wasn’t anything you couldn’t fix. That would have given me a heart attack too!

So now the million dollar question is, do you already have a new flip waiting in the wings? ;)
    Meredith @ Welcome to Heardmont´s last blog post post ..Guest Post by Liz from It’s Great to be Home

Not yet! We had hoped to buy another house at a tax sale last Tuesday, but the house we wanted was pulled from the sale. It’s a long, crazy story, I hope to be able to tell you guys about it sometime soon. :) So anyway, we have our eyes open for another house right now.

2. Jen Rames says:

Congratulations!!! Woohoo! I am so glad that the 11th hour issue was fixed quickly…how scary. Great guest post too – it is awesome to see so many of your creative crafty projects together in one post!
    Jen Rames´s last blog post post ..Happy Mother’s Day!!

3. Lindsay says:

Congratulations!

4. Janis says:

Congrats! The furnished photo reminds me that I want that pair of leather chairs! Do I remember Pier 1?

5. Irene says:

Awesomeness!

Congratulations!!!!!!! Yippee! Cant wait to hear about your next one too!!!

7. Jessie says:

Congratulations! The kitchen looks beautiful. Looking forward to your hear about your next flipping project!

Jessie

8. Wow! I’m so happy for you! Hubby and I were just talking about your flip the other day and wondering if it had sold. I can’t believe it took that long!

So was it all worth it in the end? I’m guessing the answer is yes, but I have to ask! =) Fun and craziness in home sales, right?
    Kim@NewlyWoodwards´s last blog post post ..Lets talk about eggs and brunch

Ha, I was surprised it took so long, too! Lessons learned for next time. :) But YES, definitely worth it! It was much more profitable than our last flip, so I feel confident that we’re learning (although we obviously still have a long way to go). I’m ready for the next one!

9. YAY!!! So exciting! No matter how long it took, you got it done! You have my dream job :) Looking forward reading all about your next flip…

10. Congrats! I can’t wait to see your next flip project aka live vicariously through you :)
    KT @ KT’s Refinishing School´s last blog post post ..Last Final Ever

11. Rebecca says:

just went through your posts about the flip. so amazing! makes me want to flip a house…although i’d have no idea what i was doing, haha. such a beautiful house, and you guys did such a great job with it!

12. modern jane says:

Congratulations! You must be thrilled!

13. I TOTALLY hear you! We just sold our house and it was a complete disaster. They wanted tons of stuff (I guess since the market is bad, people think they can screw you) on a seven year old house with huge upgrades, and after running ragged to try to accommodate, their financing fell through- they finally got a loan a week later and it was the worst time ever! I am so glad it is finally over.

I’m glad you were able to dump your property too. Good for you.

Wow, that does not sound like fun! I’m glad it’s over for you guys, too. But I’m sorry I gave the impression that I wanted to “dump” our flip! I never really felt that way about it, but I was very happy to sell it.

14. Luz — Good job. Congrats! You made all the right choices. I love flipping houses, too. It’s much more work than most people think, but there’s so much about the process that’s fun, that the whole thing doesn’t feel like work.

Wishing you good luck finding another. We’ll all be tuning in for the saga. Thanks for sharing the details.

15. Gloria says:

Yay! Congratulations! Closing days are so nerve wracking, I would have been freaking out if I were you. Can’t wait to see whats next!

There was a little bit of freakage, let me assure you. :)

yay!! so happy for you two — the new homeowner got an amazing house that is just lovely!! I would have bought the dining room table and benches too! :)

17. Congratulations Liz! Must be a wonderful relief to have the house sold and on to the next one!
    Averill (Odi et Amo)´s last blog post post ..Theres Something About Orange

18. I just found your blog, and its wonderful! Looks like you guys did a fantastic job on the flip!

19. Bill C. says:

Congrats! The hard work really paid off!
    Bill C.´s last blog post post ..Choosing Windows for Replacement with Opal!