The last time you saw the kitchen at our third flip it looked like this:
But now it actually looks more like this!
That’s right my friends, that outdated kitchen is gone!!
Hopefully before too long that empty shell of a kitchen will look like this – but in 3D of course. :)
Here are the changes to the kitchen floor plan that we’re planning on making:
- Move the fridge and water line to the sink wall (it’s currently on the bottom wall that is blank on the floor plan sketch above).
- Move the door to the office/formal dining room down to make room for an L-shaped run of countertop.
- Get rid of the crazy vent hood, switch out the double oven and electric cooktop for a slide-in gas range, and move the whole shebang to that left-hand wall. Luckily there were already gas lines so it will be easy to switch from electric to gas!
- Make the island a more manageable size – we’re thinking 48 x 32.
- Nix the half bath off the kitchen (oh I can’t wait to hear the opinions on that one, ha!) and move that wall in about 2 feet to create a larger dining area. What remains of the bathroom will become extra space in the laundry room that will be a built-in pantry.
I think that’s it! I went through some really horrible floor plans before our contractor helped us come up with this option, and I’m really excited about it. I can’t wait to see how it turns out!