It feels like the flip is crawling along at a snail’s pace, but in reality a lot has happened since we closed on the flip just a little over two weeks ago.
- The demo crew came through and demolished the kitchen, carpeting, plaster crown molding, the jack ‘n jill bathroom and a majority of the master bathroom.
- We figured out a floor plan for the kitchen and the new cabinetry.
- The foundation company installed new piers to address some settling.
- All of the trades came through and gave us bids, for everything from a new roof to new windows to electrical work, tree trimming and hardwood floors.
- We bought appliances for the kitchen – we really liked the ones from the last flip so we’re using them again (and they were on sale, yippee!).
- We bought a vanity with a marble top and undermount sinks for the jack ‘n jill bathroom (we really thought it was important for that bathroom to have 2 sinks as opposed to the existing single sink since it serves 2 bedrooms and guests).
- We picked out ALL of the tile! We’ve never been so speedy, and I’m really happy with our selections. (We’ll also be using subway tile, which isn’t pictured, for the kitchen backsplash and Jack ‘n Jill shower.)
- We are pretty certain that we’ll be buying this tub for the jack ‘n jill bathroom and this front door.
- The shower fixtures for the master bathroom and the jack ‘n jill bathroom are on their way.
- We had an informal meeting with the county to protest the property taxes (they gave us an offer but we’re going back for another round of negotiations because we think we can do better).
I’m sure a few other things have happened, but they’ve escaped me for now. :) Have a great weekend, and I hope to have lots more updates for you next week!