Join the Pouf-A-Long!

You’ve probably seen poufs all over blog land, tucked under console tables or acting as ottomans and floor cushions – and if you’re like me, you’ve lusted after them.

Take a look – what’s not to like?

Dan Pafford - Lonny

Via Lonny

1041559607_FmNyy-O

Via House of Turquoise

I’ve been wanting to make my own pouf for awhile but I had no idea how to go about it, so I figured I would eventually just break down and buy one.  That’s why I was so excited when Meredith from Welcome to Heardmont tipped us off that Better Homes and Gardens had created an easy-to-follow tutorial for making your own DIY pouf!

Source: bhg.com via Liz @ It’s Great to be Home on Pinterest

Awesome, right?  I instantly knew I wanted to make one – and I probably would have procrastinated forever if my bloggy friends Meredith and Kim from NewlyWoodwards hadn’t had the awesome idea to hold a Pouf-A-Long link party!

Slide1

So what’s better than one pouf?  A whole BUNCH of poufs!!  That’s the whole idea behind this Pouf-A-Long, that it’s a chance for us to all have fun making poufs (the BHG version or your own) and sharing them with each other.

On Wednesday, July 20th, we’ll all get together and have a link party so that we can see each others’ poufs!  It will be fun meeting new bloggers, actually completing a DIY project (such a novel concept for me!) and getting an awesome pouf out of the deal.  :)

Fun, right?!?

Here’s how you can get in on the Pouf-A-Long:

1. Share the Pouf-A-Long button on your blog, Twitter or Facebook page and get your friends and readers involved! (Email me if you have trouble getting the button.)
  2. Pick out some fun fabric and start sewing your pouf!
  3. Finish your pouf by Wednesday, July 20th.
  4. Link up your post about your pouf on Wednesday, July 20th – you can link here at It’s Great to be Home or at NewlyWoodwards or at Welcome to Heardmont. Kim figured out how to get everything to merge together into one big blog hop, so you’ll see all of the poufs no matter where you link up.

Are you in?!?  I can’t wait!! Hmm, now I need to find some fabric . . .

Comments

1. We like to party. We like, we like to party!
    Meredith @ Welcome to Heardmont´s last blog post post ..Join the Pouf-A-Long!

2. Emily S. says:

This is a really cool idea, you guys!! I can’t wait to see everyone’s poofs!

3. Jen Rames says:

So fun! I do not own a sewing machine…so I might need you to make me a pouf sometime! I think they are fabulous. Can’t wait to see what you create!
    Jen Rames´s last blog post post ..Rosario’s

Liz! I’m dying that I can’t sew!!!! What a fun project. I sooo wish I could participate. Boo hiss! MUST learn to sew, sometime in this lifetime!!!

5. Megan Brewer says:

Hi Liz,
    I just discovered your site and I love it! We have something in common. Not only do we both love “prettying up” our own houses and other’s homes. I also love my diet coke! Now I am drinking Coke Zero, my new favorite. Thanks for the inspiration. Continue having fun. I plan on checking out what you’re up to more now that I’ve found you.
    Happy blogging, decorating, & living-
    Megan
    Megan Brewer´s last blog post post ..Photograph Arrangements

6. Sadly I do not own a sewing machine or else I would totally participate! I am pinning the link though so when the day comes (hopefully soon) that I finally have one I can join the bandwagon :)
    KT @ KT’s Refinishing School´s last blog post post ..What I Ate (and Will Eat) Wednesday

7. And I’m in! I’ve been wanting one of these for the nursery! Yay for a Pouf Party!

8. LeeAnn says:

Love this idea! Now let’s see if I can get it done in time. Now the fun part… picking out fabric.

9. Lily says:

Love these! When I hear pouf I automatically think of Snookie, but these are WAY cuter and much more efficient!

10. Kay says:

These are super cute & I really hope to make it to the Pouf-a-long on the 20th!!

11. Yay! I’m excited over here.

12. Jessie says:

This sounds like a great idea! I can’t sew at all or else I would love to join. Can’t wait to see what all these creative ladies come up with! And of course, yours too! This is so exciting!

Jessie

13. Hilarious! Love it! I have been totally looking at these too. Not sure where we would put one only they are so versatile I am sure I could pouf just about anywhere. Not sure I will make it by the deadline.

14. Sounds great! I’m really excited about it! I’m loving pooouuuuffs now! Anyway those photos of poufs are amazingly beautiful. I can’t wait for my own poufs. :)
    Rizzi@rementor.com´s last blog post post ..Real Estate Investing Book

15. This sounds like great fun. I don’t own a sewing machine but my sister does! I’m sure I can persuade her to lend me it and give me a bit of training at the same time. I hope I can get it under control before the 20th.
    Melissa Lindsey´s last blog post post ..Hoover Steam Carpet Cleaners

16. It’s really a great idea……
    House Extensions Surrey´s last blog post post ..House extensions Surrey | House extension Surrey, Purley, Coulsdon