Paint!! And Landscaping!!

We’re getting there!  The exterior of the house is slowing being tamed.

When we bought the flip back on June 2nd it looked like this:

A Special Date

And now, after some landscaping, a new roof, new windows, a new stained front door and a coat of paint on the bricks, it looks like this:

Paint!!  And Landscaping!!

Yes, there’s plastic over the windows, we still need shutters and the soffit hasn’t been painted, but we’ll get there!

Jason and I have started our marathon lawn-watering sessions – 33 days of 100+ degree heat have NOT been kind to the grass.  We’re hoping we can resuscitate the grass, so cross your fingers for us!  Are you guys melting in this heat, too?

P.S. My car’s thermometer read 128 degrees the other day!  That is insane.

Comments

1. Jen Rames says:

Liz, stay inside! That heat is insane. I love the paint job – it really brightens things up. The tree looks great too after the trimming. Good luck with the grass…that is no fun!
    Jen Rames´s last blog post post ..Summer Travels Part 2: Las Vegas, San Diego, and Long Beach

2. The paint looks great!! Love a good painted brick home! We’d like to eventually paint ours. What color did you use? We want a nice creamy white just like this!

3. Tonya says:

Liz, it looks FABULOUS! You did a great job opening the house up and making it feel much more inviting! Love it!

4. deb says:

It’s looking great! I really don’t understand car temp displays. I mean…do we REALLY need to know exactly how hot our car is!!

5. Ok the temperature thing? Too crazy for words. We thought 114 in nearby Ft. Smith was ridiculous, but I can’t imagine what your poor grass is going through down there!

Your flip is coming along so well! Stephen and I are scheming for ways to start doing something similar here in AR. I’m going to have to revisit your Flip Info posts when we finally do get ready to pull the trigger!

Do you mind if I ask how much it cost to paint the brick? That’s something we’d like to do to our house in the fall… Can’t believe how close y’all are to being done! yay!
    Meredith @ Welcome to Heardmont´s last blog post post ..Vintage Finds

6. Aimee says:

Glad to see the huge, overgrown bushes gone! The tree looks much prettier now that it has been cleaned out and not covering all of the front. Wish I could see your new front door and porch. The grass is going to need lots of TLC! Nothing like a Texas summer to make a yard beautiful!

7. Isn’t it amazing what limbing up trees, and some paint can do for a house. AND lots of hard work, of course. I love the look of a painted brick home. Keep up the good work, and fingers crossed for your lawn.

8. Grass seems to be able to cope with almost anything. We went on vacation and on our return our lawn looked as though it was completely dead. But after a few days of watering it is slowly turning green again. We find watering in the evening and first thing in the morning is best.
    Patricia Hill´s last blog post post ..Ceiling fans

9. Mellodie Agot says:

Looking good! very nice place i love the color of this house very clean and the paint so great… thanks

10. Yikes, that is some high temps! I love what you’ve done with the exterior, lovely!!!

11. barak says:

Hi liz! The “after” picture is great. seems like a real external change of your house. Indeed the heat is a grass killer. i have a small garden next to my apartment, and i cant go away longer then 2 days without watering.
    Thank you for the post, barak.

12. duncan says:

wow thank you so much for sharing this post! i had fun reading it! i agree that the weather these days is extremely hot! anyways, nice job painting the house.. it’s good actually!

13. sapir says: