Before & After: The Exterior

Well hello there, peeps & peepettes!  I know it’s been awhile, thanks for hanging in there!  I don’t have any fabulous explanation for my absence, other than that a little break felt nice.  :)

This is the final stop on our before and after tour of our third flip – the exterior!!

Here’s the professional “after” shot that went in the listing . . .

The Flip is For Sale

( Courtesy of Lance Hames Photography )

. . . as compared to what this little ol’ house looked like when we bought it back in June:

A Special Date

Yikes, right?  The exterior got a full facelift, including a new roof, new windows, a serious tree-trimming, a new front door, a tiled front porch, new exterior lighting, a paint job, and some new sod and landscaping.  All of it was in dire need, if you ask me!

Here’s the front of the house from another angle – not as dramatic-looking as the professional shot, but this is what you get when I’m behind the camera.  :)

Before & After: The Exterior

And a similar angle, pre-spruce-up.  (Sorry for the spots, not sure what was going on with my camera).

Before & After: The Exterior

And last but not least, the covered patio that leads to the backyard:

The Flip is For Sale

( Courtesy of Lance Hames Photography )

Prettier than it was before, no?

Take a "Before" Tour of Our Third Flip

The new windows, lighting, French doors and paint job really freshened things up, and we used the patio furniture from our own patio to sort of “set the stage” for some serious porch relaxation.

I might have some flip updates for you guys in the coming weeks, so stay tuned!

P.S. To avoid missing any posts in the future (or to save time so that you don’t have to check back here for updates), remember that you can always subscribe to IGTBH by email or in a feed reader by clicking on this nifty little button to the sidebar on the right:

Before & After: The Exterior

Comments

1. Tonya says:

Wow!! I am super impressed! You guys did a GREAT job – the new exterior is really fabulous! The white paint really brought a freshness to the house that it was in dire need of! I can’t wait to see the next flip started :-)

2. Very nice! Glad to see you back in the blogosphere Liz! You were missed. :)

3. Jen Rames says:

Looks fabulous, as always. Looking forward to more flip updates!!
    Jen Rames´s last blog post post ..Jane’s Famous Peanut Butter Oaties

4. It looks awesome! Great work!

And we’ve been missing you, girl. Glad you had a well-deserved rest!
    Kim@NewlyWoodwards´s last blog post post ..Finish dining room curtains

5. Glad you are back!

6. Shauna says:

You did an amazing job on the flip!! I love your blog and I’m glad that you are back!! I was seriously worried that something had happened to you – but since I don’t know you IRL, I couldn’t exactly call you up to check on you. Next time you decide to take a break, please let us know!!

Sorry Shauna, I definitely didn’t mean to worry anyone! I wasn’t sure how long the break would be so I kept putting off posting something about the break, thinking I would be back the next day. Thanks for your concern! :)

7. ella says:

Great job, I really like how you played with the colors i think that it really works outside the house as well.
    ella´s last blog post post ..Meeting Minutes Examples

8. Aimee says:

Great to have you back! I missed your excellent, cheery communications! I may even like YOUR photos better than the professional ones. The exterior looks wonderful and you and Jason must be very proud of all your hard work.

9. Lauren says:

Welcome back! The tree looks gorgeous after its surgery — really handsome. Bet its much brighter inside? Nice work, as always.
    Lauren´s last blog post post ..Brand new reasons to get yourself a Canadian

Yay your back, i was getting ready to email you!! The flip looks amazing great work!

11. Tony Scott says:

Great job! Hope you could do the same for the interiors of my little apartment. I’m slowly turning into a fan.

12. Ruby Knolls says:

I love your new master bathroom, it looks for very relaxing.

13. lucinda says:

So glad you’re back! What street is the fab flip on…I’d love to take a look!

14. Rodrigo Valenzuela says:

Wow! You have really given a great makeover to the house. Comparing it to what it looked earlier, it looks great now. I like the front of your house. This shows that it is also important to beautify the house from the outside.

15. yaniv says:

Wow you did there a hell of a job , beautiful house , well done, great intereors .

16. Morrighu says:

We aren’t flipping our house. We plan on calling this place home for a good long while. Still, a lot of the problems we face are the same. A lot of it is about construction and how to be cost effective. In our case, we have some more latitude with budget because we can look at something and decide that we’re willing pay for it simply because we want it. ROI isn’t ALWAYS a concern for us.

17. it looks pretty and elegant, great color combination and the the furniture added matches perfectly.

18. Annie says:

Glad to see you posting again. I kept checking here and was worried until I saw you were still pinning! LOL

19. Larissa says:

Wow! your house looks stunning!!!

20. Nessy says:

It actually looks so refreshing because of its new paint and very clean surroundings. Great Job!

21. ghostfighter0506 says:

22. Leo says:

WOW what a choice! The exterior is very nice. The color combination will increase the beauty of the house. Its looks like each and every thing is setup after proper planning. The new model roof and windows are adding value to this house. I am sure that everyone will get impressed with this exterior.

23. The house got a life after you have renovated it. It became more beautiful than before, you are so great in designing it.

24. malunggay56 says:

You have really given a great makeover to the house. Comparing it to what it looked earlier, it looks great now. I like the front of your house. Thanks for sharing this blog. Keep it up!

25. Man, professional pics really do make all the difference, but that house is looking great!!!

26. Larissa says:

Haven’t heard for you for quite a while…were r u?
    Larissa´s last blog post post ..Fall 2011 MakeUp Trends

27. Michelle says:

It doesn’t even look like the same house! I love the white brick color with the beautiful front door. The patio furniture also looks great!

28. Iron doors says:

Nicely done work. Thanks for sharing.

29. dieta says:

I have an old sunporch with years of layers of paint on trim,windows, and door. I’ve been using a heat gun and a chemical stripper which requires scrapping. The project is moving so slow.Is their a removing process or product that works faster.