Cookie Fest

You guys, thank you SO MUCH for all of your sweet words about our big news – I was smiling all day reading your comments, you rock!!

And now that I’m finding my way back into blogland after falling into the pregnancy abyss, I’ve decided to officially take a “now and then” approach to blogging – so if I have something I can’t wait to share with you then I will, but if life is crazy then I’ll let awhile go before I post again . . . and not feel guilty about it (key point!).  But I won’t go weeks and weeks at a time without posting like before, I pinkie swear.  Does that sound okay?  Hope so.

And now onto important things – like Christmas cookies.

Cookie Fest

Jason and I are hosting my family at our house tonight for our very first Cookie Fest – it’s going to be an extravaganza (if all goes according to plan, at least).  Here’s what’s on the lineup:

Source: lovintheoven.com via Liz @ It’s Great to be Home on Pinterest

Source: jen.rames.org via Liz @ It’s Great to be Home on Pinterest

Source: steamykitchen.com via Liz @ It’s Great to be Home on Pinterest

Source: recipegirl.com via Liz @ It’s Great to be Home on Pinterest

I know, I’m drooling too.

And since I’m feeling ambitious we’ll also tackle my dad’s pecan puffs.  Yes, I fully anticipate being in a sugar coma for at least 5 days (waking briefly for Christmas, of course).

And if our finished product looks or tastes anything like the recipe photos then I will consider the evening a resounding success.

I’ll let you know how it goes!  Anybody else planning a holiday cookie party?

Comments

1. Jen Rames says:

Wow, that is a lot of cookies!! So excited you are giving our sugar cookies a try! You will have to let me know what you think. We did a cookie exchange for work which was a lot of fun. I made the sugar cookies and some peanut butter with toffee & pretzel cookies that I will have to post about soon… :)

I’m super excited about your cookies, I already made the dough last night! (Hope that was okay to make it so far in advance, hmm.) Jason sneaked a bite of the dough and definitely approved. :)

So fun! Can you email me the recipe for that first picture? They look heavenly! Also – I LOVE the design of the header for this post – so fresh and pretty and I want it. HAHA! Hope you’re feeling well and over the early fatigue of being pregnant. SOOOO excited for you guys!

Sure, I hope they’re as good as they look! And YES, I’m feeling great over all – I hit the halfway mark today so we’ll see how the rest of it goes! :)

3. Nora says:

My mom is a professional holiday cookie baker (not literally but 1700 cookies yesterday kind of way) and you can definitely refrigerate dough for a few days (even a week or two). That first picture looks SO good! I want those in my tummy! Congrats on your big news! :) :) But I’m glad you’ll be back to blogging too, I’ve missed your posts!

Dang, that certifies her as a professional holiday cookie baker in my book! Thanks for letting me know about the dough, that makes me feel much better about hopefully not poisoning my guests, ha! :)

4. Justine says:

those s’more bars look ridiculous. let me know how they turn out – pinning for sure. and i’ve made those turtle pretzels before, and they are amazing. you can eat them like popcorn, which can be very dangerous.

Oh goodness, that does sound dangerous – and very exciting. :) I know, I have high hopes for the s’mores bars – I’ll let you know how it goes!

5. Jessie Dirks says:

Looking at these pics, it seems I can scrap my plans to make cookies to bring with this weekend. :-)

You’d better not, your cookies are AMAZING!!!! I think everyone would shed a little tear if that were to happen. BTW, looking forward to seeing you and Charles on Friday, have a safe trip!

6. I’m looking forward to see your dad’s pecan puff’s recipe. I haven’t tried making that one. It seems fun. Nice post!. XD