Bits & Pieces

bits & pieces

THIS is happening right now at our house:

Bits & Pieces

If you’re wondering why I’m so excited, click here to see our old front door – it will all become clear.  :)

A few weeks ago, this little lady helped me sew coral chevron curtains for the nursery.

Bits & Pieces

Right now they’re hanging in our little girl’s room, all ready to be hemmed.  If I ever get around to it!!

Bits & Pieces

We have tile at the flip!!

Bits & Pieces

The bathrooms and laundry room have been fully tiled and grouted – now we’re just waiting on kitchen counters before the backsplash can go in.

Bits & Pieces

This ol’ giraffe lamp is in the middle of getting a makeover.  We’ll see how it goes.  :)

Bits & Pieces

What’s been going on with you?

Comments

1. Kate says:

You know, in your post a few weeks ago about landscaping the front, I wondered if you would be replacing the front door since you always do in flips. Lovely choice! We replaced our front door with one very similar last year. Can’t wait to see it stained and complete!

2. Love seeing all the little changes! It looks like the house might be done before the baby comes, right? The nursery you have planned is so cute looking!

Annie

3. samantha says:

i know we talked about your follower amount, but i had to go ahead and nominate you for the liebster blogging award! i enjoy reading along and i think my readers will too!

read more about this in this link…

thank you for inspiring me!
    sam

4. I love the curtains! I can’t wait to see your nursery, I’m a huge fan of nurseries ;)

5. I adore the curtain fabric. ADORE. The coral color is fabulously awesome. And I feel you on the pain of finishing the curtains. Ick. But, hem them up and you’ll be over them moon! Speaking from experience.

6. Emily says:

Hi! I was wondering if you could tell me what kind of tile you laid in the bathroom. I love it!

Love the new front door! Nice!! And the curtains darling :)

8. Do you wash and air dry the fabric before making curtains? I really don’t want to but know it would be wise in case I have to wash them later on. Ironing 12 yards of fabric sounds like a nightmare.

I went through that EXACT same thought process – and I opted to take the lazy way out. I just made the hems extra long in case they shrink. Will it work? Only time will tell, but at least I didn’t have to wash and iron gigantic curtains now, right? :)

• Ok, I’m sold. That is what I will do. Also, there is a chance that washing them will change the fabric or make it not as nice right away, which is a chance I don’t really want to take. I may never have to wash them, so I’d rather just put them up with extra allowance factored in! I love the color of your fabric, I can’t help but wish I was having a little girl so I could use colors like that….oh well! ha

9. Jessie says:

I love the tile you picked and also the chevron curtains. Seeing all the fabrics and the giraffe table lamp, I am sure the nursery will look very sweet and beautiful in the end.

I am excited to see the finished room!

Jessie