Finished Flip Photos: The Master Bedroom and Bath

Now that you have scoped out the kitchen, it’s time for a tour of the flip‘s master suite!

Finished Flip Photos: The Master Bedroom and Bath

Originally, the master bedroom had only this tiny half bath – no bueno!

Time For Another Flip?

Luckily, after lots of planning and sketching and creative rearranging . . .

Demolition Progress

. . . we were able to squeeze a really awesome master bath into this home’s footprint.  I’m crazy happy with how it turned out, and it was definitely worth the extra expense of moving the furnace and everything else that went into creating this space.

Finished Flip Photos: The Master Bedroom and Bath

This was our first time using vessel sinks – what do you think?  We had to modify the cabinets a bit to allow for the taller sinks (i.e., cutting down a really tall toe kick) and I think it turned out really well.

Finished Flip Photos: The Master Bedroom and Bath

And I’m someone that loves a ginormous shower, so the fact that we were able to add a really spacious shower makes me quite happy.  :)

Finished Flip Photos: The Master Bedroom and Bath

It’s come a long way, huh?  :)

Demolition Progress

Some little features – we placed the shower controls right by the shower door so that you can reach in and turn on the shower without getting wet, and we made sure to hide the shampoo niche in the pony wall so that all of the soaps and potions aren’t on display to the rest of the bathroom.

Finished Flip Photos: The Master Bedroom and Bath

To be honest, I was a little underwhelmed with this bathroom during construction – but once all of the pieces were in place, the mirrors in particular, I absolutely fell in love with it.  It’s funny how that happens!

Finished Flip Photos: The Master Bedroom and Bath

And now the master bedroom!  It has 3 windows, which I love, and great views of the backyard and the deck.  I think that would be nice to wake up to.

Finished Flip Photos: The Master Bedroom and Bath

The bedroom needed minimal work, mainly just the new windows, refinished floors, new ceiling fan and reworking the closets.  Here’s how it started out:

Time For Another Flip?

I think it will be a great retreat for the new owners!

Finished Flip Photos: The Master Bedroom and Bath

What do you guys think?  Do you think we made the right move by changing the half bath to a full bath?

Check out the rest of the flip here.

This Post Brought To You By Carpet Cleaning Calgary.

Comments

1. Mat Rats says:

Wow its awesome! You’ve done a great job guys. The masters bedroom became wide and comfortable. What strategy did you do?

2. Aimee says:

Looks fabulous! To be able to turn the original tired, dowdy, not very functional, unappealing (I could go on, but you get the drift) area in to such a calm, modern snazzy area is terrific. Who ever heard of a master suite with a half bath?!?!?

3. kathy says:

i’m not a huge fan of vessels either, but they look nice in this application. i love the floor tile, very unique

4. Both rooms look amazing. I really, really love the shower! What a gorgeous, spa-like bathroom.

5. msdb says:

Love the new design for the shower and the his and her sinks

6. Kelly Mann says:

Looks FABULOUS!! You guys do such a great job and I’m SO impressed you got it all accomplished so fast and before baby girl comes! Thanks for your sweet comment on my blog! :) I just got off the phone with my sister, she says they are using you guys as their realtors and I’m pumped! I’m going to be in Dallas with them this week – hoping to get to go look at houses with them and your hubby (if you don’t go into labor :))! Have a great rest of your Monday, and thanks for all of your help!!

Treat yourself to something special before baby girl arrives!

Yay, that means I’ll probably get to meet you! I’m planning on going on the showings Thurs/Fri (assuming baby stays put). Thanks again for sending your sister and brother-in-law our way, and hopefully see you on Thursday! :)

7. Kylie says:

Liz –

I really love the way the bath turned out. Do you happen to have the dimensions of the remodeled shower? I like the look and wonder if we could pull it off in our tiny space.

Kylie

Hey! Looking back at my (sub-par) notes, I’m 99% sure that it’s 3’6″x6′ to the inside walls. Maybe try taping it out and see how it feels! Hope that helps. :)

8. Katie says:

I really enjoy reading your blog and seeing all the before and after photos. It inspires me to make some updates to our old home.

9. Wow, it looks beautiful in there!

10. Debbie M says:

The flip bathroom is beautiful (and the rest of it too). You all do such a great job. I do have a question, though. Where do you get your glass shower doors? My hubs and I are building a house, and will need to order a glass door unit for the custom walk-in tiled shower. Thanks for any info or assistance you can provide. And great job with all your flips!!

Hi Debbie! We use a local glass company, which unfortunately won’t be much help to you in Ohio. :( Most frameless glass shower doors like the one we used are custom orders, so you might have to do some scouting to find a local company that can do the work for you (they’ll measure your shower after your tile is installed). Good luck, and have fun building your house!!

• Debbie says:

Thank you for responding! There are some online places that do it, but just as you mentioned, it’ll need to be custom made, so I’d rather find a local company. We’ll find one. Thanks again.

11. Looks like you guys did a great job. This project was a definite transformation.

12. Liz – As always LOVE! Do you recall where you got the vessel sinks? I’m looking for one for my half bath. Thanks for all your ideas!

Sure! It’s the Kraus Rectangular Ceramic sink – we ordered them from Home Depot, but they also have them on Overstock (both sites have lots of options for “extras” like faucets, drains, etc.). Hope that helps!

13. I could get used to getting ready in this bathroom. I love the look of the vessel sinks and the dark woodwork. I don’t think enough people use darker woodwork and it’s just so rich looking.

14. Kristin says:

I’m loving all your flips and getting many ideas as we are about to undergo our our remodel. Do you have a source list of materials you’ve used or where you have purchased things from. We are in the DFW area as well, and I am trying to send our contractor as many ideas as possible (mostly from your site!)

Thanks!

Hey Kristin! Sources are kind of scattered throughout the posts, but the main local places that we buy things from are Home Depot, Lowe’s, Floor & Decor, and Seconds and Surplus. Hope that helps!

15. Leigh says:

Can you share the master bedroom/bathroom floor plan? We have a tiny master bath next to closet and are struggling for ideas.

16. Sugel says:

When we bought our current home, I liked everything about it but the master bath. The bath was roomy enough but it had 2 things working against it: it was pink (!) and it had a tiny stall shower next to a standard tub. Dan is 6’5″ and that little shower stall wasn’t going to cut it. And, we hate pink tile bathrooms! Here are the before pics.