Finished Flip Photos: The Exterior & Guest Bath

For our fourth and final round of tours of the finished flip, I thought I’d show you how we changed the exterior and the guest bathroom (and if you’re just tuning in you can check out the finished kitchen here, the master suite here, and the den, dining room and office here).

Finished Flip Photos: The Exterior

The exterior was in pretty great shape for the most part – it just needed some love!  We switched out the old iron porch support and scrollwork for a more contemporary stained cedar post – an instant improvement!

Time For Another Flip?

We also added modern house numbers, new lighting fixtures, new windows in a striking bronze color . . .

Finished Flip Photos: The Exterior

. . . and a new solid wood front door with sleek hardware.

Finished Flip Photos: The Exterior

Much better!!  The iron bars on the windows and front door got the boot, too.  :)

Time For Another Flip?

A little sprucing of the landscaping and we were good to go!

Finished Flip Photos: The Exterior

And before we head to the backyard, let’s check out the guest bathroom.  Remember how we changed the layout?  Well, here’s how the finished product turned out:

Finished Flip Photos: Guest Bath

Nothing like the original, right?  In fact, the only thing that stayed was the original mirror, which we repainted to match the new vanity.

Time For Another Flip?

I really love how this bathroom turned out, and I would use any of these finishes again in a second.  Especially the floor tile – my fave.  :)

Finished Flip Photos: Guest Bath

And the last stop on our tour?  The deck!!

Finished Flip Photos: The Backyard

I never knew I could love a deck like I love this one.  I am 100% committed to having one like this at our next house (not that we’re moving, but a girl can dream).

Finished Flip Photos: The Backyard

The benches are my favorite part.  Why have a railing when you can have benches?!?

Time For Another Flip?

And remember, we tore down this insane addition before adding the deck (and in turn adding access to the backyard through new sliders).

Finished Flip Photos: The Backyard

So much better!  I can totally envision laying out on these benches, or throwing an awesome backyard party.  I’m jealous.

Finished Flip Photos: The Backyard

The new sliders above . . .

Finished Flip Photos: The Backyard

. . . and the new fence!

Time For Another Flip?

That’s it for the before and afters of our fourth flip!

We should be closing on the purchase of our fifth flip by the end of the month, so hopefully I’ll be able to fulfill your need for photos of demolition carnage soon.  Fingers crossed.  :)

Comments

1. deb says:

Such quality work – you guys are amazing!!

2. LOVE it! Love the bathroom, the house numbers, the deck! What an improvement!

3. This looks amazing! I love the exterior – it really looks amazing. I’m digging the house numbers and the windows – what a transformation. I’m also a huge fun of the deck with the seating area. A friend of ours has something similar and it is so nice for entertaining!

The bathroom, of course, looks amazing. I am so smitten with a subway tile tub. We have one, too, and it’s just so crisp and clean.

Can’t wait to see your next flip, you crazy kids!

4. Jeni says:

I’m wondering why you didn’t put a curtain rod in that shower. Will one go up easily with the new tile? I’ve had the tension rods before and they are a big pain.

To be honest, it never occurred to me to add a permanent rod! We’ve always just used tension rods and never had a problem.

5. Danielle says:

Love the bathroom! Where did you find the tile (floor and subway), vanity, and faucet?

Thanks Danielle! Tile from Floor & Decor, vanity from Seconds & Surplus, faucet from Build.com! :)

6. Emily says:

I am definitely pinning this deck. When it finally becomes time to build one at my house I want this to be the model. Thanks!

Yay, I’m so glad! Ha, I’m totally going to try to replicate it in the future, too!

7. Turned out great Liz! You are totally living my dream job! I am in the search for a whole houseful of doorknobs at a good price of course. Any recommendation on where to buy in bulk or just in general where do you get yours?
    Thanks!

8. Lakeisha says:

Liz

I just found your blog I am in love with the work that yall are doing. Do you flip homes in the Carrollton area? I just bought my first home 2 Year ago and you make me want to sell already.

Hey Lakeisha! We actually just flip in East Dallas so far – but who knows where we’ll wind up in the future! :)

9. Jen Rames says:

Love the numbers and the benches on the deck are genius! I want one!

10. Joe says:

I really love that deck. How are you ever going to let this house go! :)

11. You two are so talented, I love seeing all the hard work pay off in the end!

12. Love seeing your finished project. The bathroom is amazing – what a transformation. We just finished our very first flip (a 1900 Victorian), so we have a long way to go to catch up with you. But I’ve really enjoyed your blog, it’s been very helpful! Here’s our finished project – sold in 3 days with multiple offers: http://www.sopocottage.com/2012/04/open-house-april-28-and-29th.html

Best of luck on your next one!

13. I love reading your blog (congrats on baby girl BTW!) and I had the same question as someone else – no curtain rod? I’ve always had problems with tension ones – apparently cheap rental bathroom ones aren’t as nice. I’d much prefer a permanent one – although in your case the buyer can now choose to hang it higher for a extra long curtain if they want. Love it all! esp. the tile! oh and the deck! gotta pin that when I get home!

14. Niamh says:

Love your remodels. The bathroom looks superb! Great job love the pictures :)