What’s Going On at the Flip?

What’s going on at the flip these days?  A lot!

The last time you saw the flip it looked like this:

Fifth Flip - Demolition

and this:

Fifth Flip - Demolition

Oh, how things have changed!! I couldn’t be more thrilled with how the house is looking right now. We have drywall, trim, wood floors, cabinets and tile! The end is so close I can taste it.

Here’s a peek into what’s been going on at the flip (you can check out how the flip looked when we bought it here, and our changes to the floor plan here):

Here’s the new front door – solid mahogany that’s going to be stained a dark walnut.  I love it, and it will look 100 times better once the brick molding has been installed around the door.  The hardware is going to be a brushed nickel finish.

014

The view into the dining room/butler’s pantry from the entryway!!  We got rid of the weird half walls and columns in that doorway to modernize things, and then added that fun cabinetry to the butler’s pantry area.

015

We also removed the wall between the butler’s pantry and the kitchen/breakfast room for an open feel.  The hutch in the butler’s pantry will house a wine fridge, and the uppers were supposed to have glass inserts but we somehow missed that on the drawings – whoops!

016

And the view looking from the kitchen through to the dining room.

026

These custom cabinets are so great – all the shelves are adjustable and the drawers are soft-close.

033

Here is the opening between the kitchen and the den.  You can see the breakfast bar to the left of the fridge box.  At the far right of the photo is the appliance garage and the undercounter microwave – when you’re looking straight on at the kitchen from the dining room you can’t really see the microwave because it’s blocked by the fridge box – a happy accident.  The stove and hood will go there on the extreme right of the photo (which is the middle of the back wall).

021

From the den, looking into the breakfast room/kitchen.

024

The bookcases have gotten a bit of a revamp!  We removed the scrollwork and replaced it with a new faceplate on the uppers, and the lower cabinet fronts had the molding pried off like we did here for a more updated look.

020

Remember that weird half bath off the laundry room?  It’s being turned into a walk-in pantry.

029

The jack ‘n jill bath with subway tile to the ceiling, and a linen finish porcelain tile on the floor.

036

The master bath!!!  I’m so ecstatic with how it’s turning out.  The shower makes me swoon!

037

The closet is the first door on the right side of the photo, and the toilet closet is the second door.

038

The floor is a diana breccia marble that is really beautiful in person.  A little gray, a little tan, nice and neutral but still interesting and pretty.

040

So now you know it all!  What do you think of our updates so far?

Comments

1. deb says:

Looks great – always love to see your updates!

2. Meredith says:

It is coming along nicely! The cabinets look great and I love the tile selections!

3. Aimee says:

This is fabulous! Can’t believe so much has happened so fast! Love all that you have done. The open kitchen, dining room area is HUGE. I want to see more of the den. Like that you have opened it up more to the kitchen. I also really like a separate closet for the toilet in the master bath so the other person can still be showering etc and not have too much information. Good post, Liz!

Looks great! I love seeing all the progress :) I’ve been looking for a front door, liek the one you just installed for our house! Where did you find it?

Thanks, Katrina! Our go-to source for front doors is Seconds & Surplus, a local builders’ surplus store. Hope that helps!

5. meghan says:

I think this is my favorite flip so far! You guys do such amazing work. I would love to buy one of your homes one day! :) Your finishes are so beautiful and the design is incredible. Really, this one is top notch though! Good job!

6. That door is beautiful, as are all your choices! I love watching you turn these houses into gems.

7. Love the door and the kitchen area. Everything’s looking huh.

Seriously, this is amazing. I don’t know how you resist moving into each and every house you renovate!!!!

9. Thank you for sharing this post. I love what you have done to this house and how you have renovated everything to something that is a lot more useful. The design of this house is incredible and whoever moves into this and makes in their home is one lucky person.

10. Betsy says:

That open kitchen and dining room area is huge. These post are great to keep up with what you are doing. I wish I had this kind of space to work with in my place.

11. Shea says:

Wow! I love the wood floors and cabinets. It’s obvious that you put quality materials into the house. It looks like something I would want to move into myself.