Closing In On the Finish Line

We are getting SO close to finishing up this flip, I can hardly stand it!

Here’s where we stand on the to-do-list:

Painting – all done except for touch-ups and the exterior

008

Thanks so much for all of your votes on the paint color – it’s hard to see the difference between the two gray paint samples, but we’re going with the one on the bottom.  I’m 99% sure it’s Dovetail Gray by Sherwin Williams, but I’ll double check.

001

Counter tops – all in!!

007

Eeek!!  I LOVE this part – I always fall in love with each and every counter.  :)

006

009

012

003

004

Tile – all done except for the backsplash (still waiting for that to be delivered)

003

We narrowed down the finalists above to the one below:

028

Plumbing – installing toilets and faucets and other goodies as I type

001

Electrical – installing light fixtures, face plates, etc. starting tomorrow

Appliances – grrr.  They were supposed to be delivered at 8:30 this morning, but we got a call at 8:00 this morning that they were going to be delayed, some of them until the 11th.  Ugh!  Jason’s working on a plan to get them here sooner…

Hardwood Floors – we’ve picked the stain and the flooring guys will start the finishing process once the plumbers and electricians are out of the house

011

We’re going with the bottom sample in the photo below – 1/2 ebony, 1/2 antique brown.

018

Carpet – being installed on Wednesday in the 3 guest bedrooms

Shower Glass – ordered, should be ready sometime next week

037

Landscaping – we didn’t think we would have to touch the landscaping but some plants died when the electrician accidentally disconnected the sprinkler system – Jason and I are planning on tackling that tomorrow afternoon while my sister-in-law watches Peanut

Hardware – won’t be installed until the very end, but we have it all ready and waiting

003

It sounds like there’s lots left to do but it’s going to go SO quickly.  We’ve already had a few prospective buyers through the house and the feedback has been positive.  We’ll see, I’m ready to get this sucker on the market!

Comments

1. Julie says:

Love the hardware – may I ask where it’s from?

Thanks Julie! All but the bottom right knob and pull are from Build.com – the bottom right ones are from Home Depot. Hope that helps! :)

2. I love your enthuiasm and writing style. I am looking forward on reading the next hub. Rated up.

LOVE LOVE LOVE. Can’t wait till you get it on the market and show us the final product!

4. This is looking so good. I live the brick color. It’s gong I be awesome. And don’t get me started with the countertops.

5. Aimee says:

Wow! This seems like it has all gone so fast: I love what you have done. It must be hard to make all of the hundreds of decisions, so tiny and some huge, and not have a nervous breakdown before it all comes together. Can’t wait to see another wonderful job!

6. I’m filing away all of your great design decisions for when we finally get a house! It helps to see you do it over and over but in new and different ways! Can’t wait to see the finished flip this time. :)

7. Elesa says:

I love the tile you used for the Kitchen backsplash. Where did you get it?

8. When I originally commented I clicked the “Notify me when new comments are added” checkbox and now each time a comment is added I get three e-mails with the same comment.
    Is there any way you can remove people from that service?
    Thanks a lot!

Annette, I’m looking into it but so far I can’t figure out how to do it – I’m sorry! If anyone has any tips I’m all ears…