Our Little Helper

Y’all.  The flip is finished.  It just hit the market.  I am pumped.

"After" Photos of Our Fifth Flip by It's Great to Be Home

Legitimate before and afters coming soon, I promise!

We spent the weekend cleaning the flip from top to bottom, equipped with a backpack vacuum, razor blades, Magic Erasers, mops and all sorts of other cleaning-type stuff.  It was just about the least fun I’ve had in awhile.  My mom can attest that I might have had a slight meltdown during the never-ending process of clutching a razor blade in my handclaw and scraping wood stain off those 8 little beveled windows in the front door.

However, a huge bright spot in all that not-fun was our little helper.

Our Little Helper

Our Little Helper

Our Little Helper

How could you not smile when you see that face??  She is so darn cute I can hardly stand it.  :)

Some of you have asked how we still manage to get things done with the flips now that Peanut’s in the picture.  Well, it’s pretty simple – for the most part she just tags along with us, like when we hit up the tile store or Sears.

20120724_142430

Our Little Helper

( She was an excellent Vanna White next to the stove we bought for the flip. )

001

And sometimes, of course, one of us stays behind and watches her at home while the other tackles whatever we have on the agenda at the moment.

It can get a little tricky at times (like around nap time), but we make it work for the most part.  I think it will be fun to look back when she’s a little older and tell her how she’s been helping us flip houses since she was born.  :)

IMG_2902

( Here she is at 2 weeks old over at our last flip. )

But enough about that – who’s ready for more flip pictures?  Me!  Me!

Comments

1. LeeAnn says:

The front door is so inviting! And your daughter is a cutie!

2. Justine says:

I’m ready for the flip pics, but what I really want is more pics of your daughter — she’s super cute!

3. Lucinda says:

Can’t wait to meet your little girl and see the house!

4. Oh, I’m so pumped to see this one. I know it will be fabulous. And I love your little helper. What a sweetheart.

5. Jen says:

I want to see the house in person please! And your little helper – I want to see her too :)

6. deb says:

Yep, more pics please!!

Yay!!!! She is SO stinking cute! And I can’t wait for more before and after pictures. Also – I think it’s commendable that you only broke down once! :)

8. Lucy Bronk says:

The house looks incredible, please show us some of these flip pics soon. Can’t wait to gain a true perspective of the transformation.

9. Jen M says:

Yay! Can’t wait to see more pictures!
    Your Peanut is adorable!

10. That first photo is such a tease! I can’t wait to see the big reveal. I’m really loving this flip.

Little girl is adorable, I could nibble her all day long :) And you look amazing. Seriously, I speak for all the new moms when I say that!

11. Catherine H. says:

Dooohh! What a cutie pie! The chub is too much. Yours is the best flipping blog I’ve ever seen, btw. Can’t wait for the pictures.

12. I hear ya on the ‘handclaw!’ Oh, and the baby is precious – I hear I should enjoy this time when they are still ‘totable’…ha

13. Hannah says:

Amazing! Love your blog, new follower. Hope you’ll stop by my way! :)

14. David says:

Aww, she’s such a cutie. Great work on the house – it looks brilliant : )