“After” Flip Photos: The Exterior

How I love a good before and after!

This flip actually started out looking pretty nice – great trees, decent landscaping, and a non-offensive-yet-slightly-grandma facade.  However, just about anything can be improved upon!

Fifth Flip - Before

You guys helped me pick out the paint color for the brick (Sherwin Williams Dovetail Gray) and I absolutely love it – I think we’ll use it every time we need a beautiful gray paint.  It has brown undertones instead of blue, so I think it has a warm, inviting feel to it.  (FYI – Summit Gray turned out a little blue, to my surprise!)  The trim is Sherwin Williams Extra White, and the shutters were actually just sprayed black with spray paint – I’m not sure exactly which brand but they look great.

"After" Photos of Our Fifth Flip

We also gave the boot to the dated iron supports on the front porch, replacing them with more streamlined wood posts.  Adding shutters to the bay window balanced out the black accents on the other side of the house.

011

In this up-close shot below, you can see the gorgeous new front door – I love it!  It is stained a rich walnut, and has sparkling beveled glass.  We also added brushed stainless hardware and an updated light fixture.

Oh!  Here’s a little tip – we painted the downspouts the same color as the brick so that they would blend in.  I think it was a good change.

"After" Photos of Our Fifth Flip

Since the landscaping was in great shape, we just added some breezy grasses near the porch as well as a little color with caladiums.

Fifth Flip - Before

All in all, I’m really happy with how the front of the house looks!  I hope buyers feel welcomed right on in.  :)

"After" Photos of Our Fifth Flip

How do you guys think it turned out?

P.S. The “before” photos were taken in April when the grass was still lush and green from spring rains – after the flip was finished in October the grass had survived a rough summer, a spell without water when the electrician accidentally cut off the sprinklers, and the beginnings of fall.  So the grass isn’t amazing-looking, but it’s about what you can expect at this time of year in Texas.

“After” photos courtesy of Shoot 2 Sell.

Comments

1. Looks really nice! The colors and new door are fabulous! =)

I want to move right in! It looks SO inviting Liz! Those breezy grasses are one of my favorite parts – I just love them. We used to have them in our front garden, but a certain Welshman dug them up and threw them out! He’s crazy!

The after pix are just awesome!!! :)

3. Nicola says:

Looks fab. But……the walls are the same colour as the roof which feels odd :)

The house looks great! Love the color you went with – its great to see brick painted really makes it stand out in the crowd

5. deb says:

Especially love the door…looks great!

6. Meredith says:

Looks terrific! Great color scheme

7. Love that up-close picture of the new door! So fab.

8. The gray coor is so pretty. I love it. So much curb appeal. Not that I’m surprised. You are the queen of curb appeal.

9. Ethan says:

Hate to break it to ya, but I think you’ve got to much a bland pallet. The grey roof on grey walls doesn’t work. You should have gone for a more earthy natural colour to bring a bit of warmth to the house. It looks very cold and hard. Or you could get the roof painted a black or deep blue.

I agree that the roof would look nice darker, but I don’t think that the house looks bland – I think it’s pretty! Sorry it’s not your cup of tea.

By the way, I’m pretty sure painting your roof is a terrible idea. :)

10. Good for you for painting the brick. So many people think it’s a violation of something-or-other! I love the updated, clean look. Agree that a dark roof would look classy, but you can’t do everything on a flip, and a dark color for the brick would have been a mistake.

11. Your home looks great and a lot more modern and clean looking now with its fresh paintwork.

12. Angela says:

I had my gutters painted to match my siding a few years ago. A few years down the road and they started looking pink in spots and had to be replaced. (I didn’t want to keep repainting.) They were the expensive leaf-guard gutters so lesson learned for me!

Your flip is gorgeous!

13. Heather N says:

Looking forward to seeing the inside. I check every day!

14. Hi Liz, i think the place looks fantastic, and my personal opinion is that this is does not look bland at all, it gives a real contemporay look. I hope you enjoyed it and have reaped the benefits of all your hard work :)

15. Zack says:

WOW just what I was looking for. Came here by searching for black shutters

16. Wow you guys really know what you’re doing, really professional work and you literally cover all angles inside and out. Stunning transformation.