Tour of Our 6th Flip

With construction about to start soon, I think it’s high time to show you guys around our sixth flip!

It's Great To Be Home - Original Floor Plan of Our 6th Flip

Above is a rough floor plan of what we’re working with – a little over 1,900 square feet with 3 bedrooms and 2 baths on a corner lot.

Hello, house!

It's Great To Be Home - "Before" Photos of Our 6th Flip

The first thing you see when you walk in is the wall separating the kitchen from the living room – that’s going to change.

It's Great To Be Home - "Before" Photos of Our 6th Flip

Below you can see the living room toward the bottom of the photo, the dining room on the right, the kitchen in the middle, and the door to the hallway that leads to the bedrooms and bathrooms on the left.

It's Great To Be Home - "Before" Photos of Our 6th Flip

Another view from the front door.  The jail bars will be departing.

It's Great To Be Home - "Before" Photos of Our 6th Flip

An awful photo of the bay window in the dining room, which is actually quite nice.

It's Great To Be Home - "Before" Photos of Our 6th Flip

Looking from the dining room back toward the front door.  The living room has a huge window!

It's Great To Be Home - "Before" Photos of Our 6th Flip

Let’s head down the hallway to the bedrooms before we check out the kitchen and den.  There are 3 strange built-in storage cabinets lining the hallway, one of which will disappear to accommodate an expansion of the master shower, and another one will turn into a space for a stackable washer and dryer.

It's Great To Be Home - "Before" Photos of Our 6th Flip

The first bedroom with a great window, paneling that will be painted out, and a good amount of space.

It's Great To Be Home - "Before" Photos of Our 6th Flip

On the left is the back side of the area that will be turned into space for the washer/dryer, accessible from the hallway.

It's Great To Be Home - "Before" Photos of Our 6th Flip

Across the hall from the first bedroom is the original, pink bathroom.

It's Great To Be Home - "Before" Photos of Our 6th Flip

It’s in great condition, but it must go.  We contemplated re-glazing the tile but decided not to go that route since it seems like just a temporary fix for an ugly bathroom.  Those of you that have seen/tried out re-glazing, what do you think of it?

It's Great To Be Home - "Before" Photos of Our 6th Flip

The second bedroom also has lots of space and a great window.  Oh, and I can’t believe I haven’t mentioned the original hardwood floors yet!  They’re throughout the entire house, except for the kitchen and back den.

It's Great To Be Home - "Before" Photos of Our 6th Flip

The master bedroom.  If it’s in the budget, we’re going to expand the little prison cell windows on that right-hand wall so that they match the larger windows on the left-hand wall.

It's Great To Be Home - "Before" Photos of Our 6th Flip

And the master bath – cruise-ship sized and a symphony of peach and yellow.

It's Great To Be Home - "Before" Photos of Our 6th Flip

The shower will be expanded, but other than that they bathroom is staying the same size.

It's Great To Be Home - "Before" Photos of Our 6th Flip

Okay, now we’re back to the living room and dining room.  We’re going to go through that doorway on the right, into the kitchen.

It's Great To Be Home - "Before" Photos of Our 6th Flip

Bam.  How do you like that?

It's Great To Be Home - "Before" Photos of Our 6th Flip

There are 3 doorways into this kitchen, which seems excessive.  And the whole layout is strange.  That’s all going to change.  The washing machine will also be moved to the hallway, and the water heater (which is currently hiding out in that cabinet above the washer) will be moved to the attic.

It's Great To Be Home - "Before" Photos of Our 6th Flip

Here’s a view from the ginormous back den looking into the kitchen.  When I say “ginormous,” I’m not exaggerating – it’s about 18 x 30 feet!

It's Great To Be Home - "Before" Photos of Our 6th Flip

A horrible photo of the right-hand side of the den, with the fireplace.

It's Great To Be Home - "Before" Photos of Our 6th Flip

I was standing on a tree stump when I took this photo, hence the odd angle.  You’re looking at the garage on the left, the den (which was formerly a porch) with siding in the middle, and then the bathrooms and master bedroom in the bricked area.

It's Great To Be Home - "Before" Photos of Our 6th Flip

Here’s the side of the house from the street.

It's Great To Be Home - "Before" Photos of Our 6th Flip

How do you think this one stacks up against the others we’ve done?  Anything that particularly blinded or excited you?

Comments

1. Lisa says:

I love it! I’ve been following your last few flips and they all turn out so beautiful! Every one I see reconfirms the fact that I’d like to do the same thing one day. I’m just so glad that there are people like you who can see past the outdated to the great bones that lie beneath. I’m excited to see how this one goes. Keep up the good work!

2. Amanda says:

Yay! So happy to be following along on another flip! The kitchen/dining/living rooms look really similar to how Sarah’s House Season 2 began. If you haven’t seen the episodes you should try to find them – the makeover was phenomenal!

3. deb says:

It’ll be fantastic, I’m sure.

4. kathy says:

looks good, can’t wait to read the updates!

5. anna see says:

ooh! really looking forward to seeing your progress!

WOW. This one looks like a LOT of work! More than your others? Or is just me? You really must have a vision!!!!

7. lucinda says:

Can’t wait to see you work your magic!

8. I can’t wait to see what you guys do with the exterior! I think I’m more interested in that this time around than inside!

9. Tonya says:

Wish I was there to rescue the pink bathroom contents. A dream bathroom for me and my vintage style, but I know it will look bright and happy when you are done.

So looking forward to seeing your transform this flip!! Looks like it has lots and lots of room :) Love all those hardwoods

11. Vicki says:

Love your flips! This one looks really interesting. I love how older homes in the US already have two bathrooms. Here in Melbourne (Australia) older homes only have the one which would make them more expensive to renovate upto todays standards.

12. ShannonU says:

Wow, y’all are going for a doozie here! That kitchen and that giant room with green carpet would have sent me running. I have to wonder if that house had ever been on the market before or if you bought it from the original family, because it is such a time capsule!
    Y’all are seasoned flippers now, though. I have no doubt you will shine this hunk of coal into a diamond.
    On time and on budget.
    Can’t wait to see it.

It was sold by the original owners! Love that. :) We’ll see how it turns out!

13. Shannon says:

I’m new to your flipping/renovation journey but loving the looks of this house and the potential in it–those hardwood floors are stunning! Can’t wait to see more photos as you transform the rooms :)

14. The prison cell window in the bedroom, definitely have leave. Please replace it with a bigger one with blinds or curtains. It will look much better.

15. Joanna says:

This is starting to look good!

16. bridget b. says:

Whoa, look at that green carpet in the den! That would be the first thing to go!

17. The wood floors actually look pretty nice still. A lot of other stuff definitely has to go though. That bathroom reminds me so much of my grandma’s bathroom. Funny thing is she still thinks it’s cool.

18. John says:

The hardwood floors are looking great. Much better than having a crappy old carpet. What other plans do you guys have in store?

19. Matt Kearney says:

Looks like it’s going to be a great project!!

That floorplan is perfect for removing those walls and opening up a nice great room.

I love the pink bathroom.

20. Chantal Morris says:

I love following your flips! You’re inspirational! I’ve got so many different remodeling and decorating ideas to do, thanks to you. And, above all, your baby is beautiful!

21. Pete Radke says:

Liz,
    Thanks for sharing all of your house flipping experiences. I’d love to hear your thoughts about exterior siding projects. Thanks
    Pete