Catching You Up on the Flip

After a bit of a slump, the flip is going like gangbusters.

The wood floors are down in the kitchen and den.

Tile is going in.

6th Flip

Someone had a grand ol’ time playing in the tile displays when we went to pick up the tile:

6th Flip

Jason moved a mountain of trash from here…

…to here:

6th Flip

I picked up a ton of baseboards and door casings:

Flip 6

And the new siding is going in to repair all of this craziness:

6th Flip

Can we just take a moment to appreciate the fact that the den no longer has a flat roof? Remember how it used to look?

It's Great To Be Home - "Before" Photos of Our 6th Flip

Things are lookin’ good.

Comments

1. deb says:

Always look forward to your updates! Thanks…

2. Asiyah says:

Gotta love hipbones on a roof!

3. Things are looking VERY good!

4. LeeAnn says:

Night and day! I could imagine myself living in this house and it’s not even finished. I love that you choose finishes that should last a generation. I can totally see a beautiful container garden outside the den.

5. What an adorable shopping assistant you’ve got!! Things are looking great at the house!!

6. Kirby says:

Wow! What a great transformation for your den! I can’t wait to read more of your updates for the complete transformation of this house. By the way, the kid is so adorable!! You’re a one proud momma, that’s for sure. Please update us, though! :)

7. Nothing looks as good as new wood floors. But your little girl is a close second! HA

8. Danny says:

Looks good, Liz! Nice work.

Looks fantastic! Love the tile selections in both bathrooms, very nice! love all the light the french doors provide! And the roof tied into the existing roof-line looks good! And like its always been there, which is awesome! And a must! :)

10. Danny says:

The wooden floors look amazing and I adore the tile work in the bathroom. This will be a house that will last a couple of generations, it has that really family look to it. I’m sure you cant wait for it to get finished. Good luck and keep us updated.

11. Kelly Mann says:

yep, i’m in love with that herringbone marble mosaic.. may need the specs on it for a future home – years from now! :) everything is looking great, wish I could see it in person!

12. Pete says:

Thanks for all the great remodeling posts. What brand of siding did you select for this project? Do any of the products that you highlight on your blog sponsor your posts? Pete

Hey Pete! I’m not sure what brand of siding we used, the siding company selected it to match the existing siding. Sorry, not very helpful! As for sponsored products, you will always know if something on the blog has been sponsored because I will make sure to let you know! :)

13. Mike Thompson says:

I thoroughly enjoy your blog, Liz. You seem to really enjoy your job “rescuing” homes (I prefer that term to flipping) and are a proven talent. I must admit I live vicariously through your posts. I have an affinity for lovely homes, but zero (proven) talent when it comes to design. You have given me the courage to try some (small) reno projects on my own home. For that, I am grateful. I will continue to wait eagerly for future updates.

Best wishes,
    Mike Thompson

14. Amanda says:

Love it! We had an addition on our first house that had a flat roof – what a nightmare. I always wished we had money to replace it (alas, I was a grad student and my husband a postdoc)….!

15. I’ve done the thing with driving while bare wood rubs against my cheek! ;-) Sometimes it just has to be ‘whatever works.’

I LOVE what you’re doing with this house. Wonderful inspiration pics. You’re a genius, I think, and I can’t wait to see more. I love gray, though, so I’m easily on board with your color ideas.