“After” Flip Photos: The Bathrooms

You guys!  I’ve been SO thrilled to read your amazing comments about our flip so far – you totally rock, and thank you so much for being a part of our crazy adventures!

Now onto the final stop on our before and after tour of our 6th flip!  Whew.  :)  You can check out the exterior here, and the kitchen and living spaces here.

The bathrooms in this home were functional but dated as all get out.

The master bathroom in particular was very sad.  It was awesome that the master bedroom actually had an attached bath, but it didn’t have a lot else going for it.  I guess peach and yellow could be a nice combination under some circumstances but in this case…………..mmm, no.

It's Great To Be Home - "Before" Photos of Our 6th Flip

So we started from scratch, trading out the old, dated finishes for shiny new ones.  And beware – this bathroom is impossible to photograph because of its size so you’re pretty much only going to see one angle.  :)

"After" flip photos: The bathrooms

The existing shower just didn’t cut it, in terms of finish and function – it was yellow and impossibly tiny.

It's Great To Be Home - "Before" Photos of Our 6th Flip

So we doubled the size of the shower by stealing an entire linen closet that was accessed in the hallway, and then made it feel even bigger by adding a frameless glass surround.

"After" flip photos: The bathrooms

"After" flip photos: The bathrooms

We saved costs by keeping every fixture in its original location, except for the shower valve and drain (we had to scoot those back since we added extra space from the linen closet).

It's Great To Be Home - "Before" Photos of Our 6th Flip

I think my favorite thing about the entire bathroom is the enormous mirror – it gives almost as much reflection area as a sheet mirror would, but it’s so much prettier with a floating wood frame surrounding beveled glass.  It arrived the morning we put the flip on the market and I think it makes all the difference in finishing off this bathroom right.

"After" flip photos: The bathrooms

The herringbone carrera marble tile runs across the floor of the entire space and was a worthwhile splurge, I think.

"After" flip photos: The bathrooms

Onto the guest bathroom!  It was a great size, but it still needed some help.

It's Great To Be Home - "Before" Photos of Our 6th Flip

We gained extra vanity space by removing a closet in the hallway, and centered the sink within the vanity.  All of the other changes were just cosmetic!

"After" flip photos: The bathrooms

I think the streamlined hardware and fixtures help keep this bathroom from leaning in an entirely traditional direction.

"After" flip photos: The bathrooms

It's Great To Be Home - "Before" Photos of Our 6th Flip

My husband is kind of obsessed with the pinwheel marble tile on the floor – I think he pets it when I’m not looking.  :)

"After" flip photos: The bathrooms

How do you think the bathrooms turned out?

Comments

1. Mike Thompson says:

Sweet Christmas! Breathtaking! Liz, you’ve hit yet another homerun. The gorgeous herringbone tile. (I just love me some herringbone!) The vanities–everything. So much to look at…little surprises for the eyes at every turn. This is definitely high-end! Your sixth rescue will be a quick sale! (I imagine you’ve already received some top-dollar offers.)

Mike, you totally rock – and how did you come up with “sweet Christmas”?? Love it. :)

• Mike says:

:-) Google “Luke Cage: Power Man”. He’s a 70’s Marvel Comics superhero. His mother hated swearing, hence the catch-phrase “Sweet Christmas”!

2. kathy says:

both spaces look amazing. love the finishes. gorgeous design

3. Shauna says:

The bathrooms look amazing! Love the herringbone!! We just remodeled our master bath and used herringbone on the shower floor, inside a ‘picture frame’ on the master shower wall and on the wall surround for the tub. If I had a blog I’d post pictures, but I don’t….
    Anyway…I’m loving the mirror you used in the master bath! Would you be willing to provide more information??

4. LeeAnn says:

You should never doubt your design ideas. They always look fabulous! I really love one sink vanities with extra counter space on each side. Cleaning extra sinks is no fun and I love having space. Do you think the double sink vanity is going out of style in favor for the one sink style?

Hey LeeAnn! I think they’ll always be popular in master bathrooms IF there’s space for two sinks – but in a kid or guest bathroom, I’ve started to think that there’s no reason to go to the extra expense of adding plumbing for a second sink. Something about the value of learning to share and all that, ha! :)

5. Suzie says:

Love all the smart changes you made to the walls/floorplan! Kitchen turned out AMAZING! Great job!!

6. Hi Liz,

Love following your blog! I’m curious where did you get your bathroom mirrors from? I’m working on my first bathroom for a client and have had trouble finding a large bathroom mirror, for a 6 foot 1 sink vanity.

We just finished our first flip and are on to the second…you’re a total inspiration!

7. Nicole says:

You have done a great job… love all the tiles and cabinets… would you mind please shearing where your materials, cabinets, counter tops, tiles.. are from? Great combination! Thank you

8. Aimee says:

LOVE the little marble pieces for the bathroom floors! The bathrooms look totally fabulous. Hard to image you were able to transform them from the sad “before” images. Really nice job. Can you give me the sources you used for your materials???

9. Debbie Z says:

What color grout did you use in the shower? Great job……….!!!!

10. Tammy says:

That was a master bathroom? If you hadn’t labeled it I would’ve guessed it was from an institution somewhere. water damage Round Rock TX

11. Sherri J. says:

I love the new showers, how long did it take to do the new remodels?

12. Alexis says:

Wow! Gorgeous. Have to say, that mirror in the master bathroom with the thin black frame really makes the space. So good!

13. Aimee says:

Liz, I love seeing your posts, but also your readers’ responses. I presume that Tammy from Round Rock was having a very bad hair day and just relished being snarky.

• Erin says:

I thought that, too…but then I realized that she probably meant the “before” photos – they do look like something you’d see in a dorm or other institution! :-)

14. Julia Yohe says:

I also prefer enormous mirror in the bathroom because it looks brighter especially when you have white tiles. Anyway, I like what you did to your bathroom. The pinwheel marble tiles look great too.

15. Jennifer says:

Bathroom looks great! I”ve been looking for herringbone tile for my kitchen backsplash….can you share the source?

16. Julie says:

Looks fabulous! We’re in the middle of a huge home renovation (including the bathrooms)- thanks for the pics!

17. Wow that looks absolutely beautiful!

18. Kevin says:

Liz, I love how you put the before and afters together. It really helped me appreciate the hard work that went into this space. You definately have a knack for what you do. Keep it up! … Kevin