Let’s Tear Stuff Up

This post is all about tearing stuff up.

You might have been under the impression that things haven’t really been happening at our 7th flip because I’ve been a bit … hmm, let’s call it sporadic, shall we? …. about posting.  But no – things have been happening, my friends.

Case in point.  You might remember that the house used to look like this.  But then a giant dumpster and a team of guys rolled up and started tearing stuff up.

Demolition - 7th Flip

Let’s examine the damage, shall we?

Demolition - 7th Flip

( This is the wretched patio-converted-into-a-room, mid-demolition. )

Ah, isn’t it lovely?

I can’t wait to fill you in on how the house is shaping up after all that lovely demolition!

Comments

1. Aimee says:

Talk about a demolition derby, wow! That is a serious amount of destruction.
    Can’t wait to see the pictures where you start adding stuff back!

2. Paula says:

Wow, can’t wait to see the new changes you have in store. We are about to purchase a total gut job and your blog has given me so many ideas!

3. Meghan says:

You should use the habitat deconstruction service when you demo a home, it would benefit habitat for humanity.

Interesting! It looks like they will pick up any items? We’ll keep that in mind for if we ever have a flip where we can salvage things – typically the cabinetry is built-in-place so it falls apart when it’s taken off the wall, but we could definitely try it with appliances!

• KathyG says:

Glad someone mentioned this, yes, they take and reuse or sell lots of things…ceiling fans, toilets, sinks, light fixtures, windows. All stuff that will be put to good use. I had my contractor take things out and set it all out in a pile for them to come pick up, but I believe you can also arrange for them to come take the stuff out before your demo guys come in.

4. Veronica says:

The last time I helped with demolition I inhaled more drywall dust than I care to remember. It”s not glamorous but it’s a necessary part. I can’t wait to see what it looks like after the remodel.