So Many Things!

Oh, where to start.

The last time we spoke, the house had been demo’d and was in the process of being put back together.  Since then, so.many.things.have.happened.  And it’s all been documented with iPhone photos of questionable quality.

Want to see what we’ve been up to?

New windows!

001 (4)

Tile!

005

004 (2)

013

014

015

020

002 (2)

003

Plumbing fixtures!

002

(Would it be wrong to take a spin in this shower before we sell it?  Hmm.)

Paint, inside and out!

005 (2)

005 (3)

(We had to paint the “horseshoe” of brick in the backyard because the brick had previously been painted in that that yucky enclosed patio that we tore down.)

001 (2)

001

002 (3)

004 (3)

(A stain sample on the beam.)

Hardware! (And yes, we used Peanut’s little red wagon to haul it over there.)

001 (5)

Cabinets!

002 (4)

002 (5)

008

010

013 (2)

016

017

Grass!

008 (2)

(Melt.)

Wood floors!

001 (3)

(We opted for glue-down pre-finished floors for this home – when they’re all cleaned up they look great!)

Counter tops!

001 (7)

(A remnant we’ve been storing in our garage from this house.)

018

015 (2)

004 (4)

002 (6)

003 (2)

001 (8)

001 (6)

(My new favorite marble – like carrera, but the veining has a slight bit of brown in the gray which makes it go with everything!)

Whew!  Any questions about what we’ve been up to?  How’ve YOU been?

Comments

1. What’s the name of that marble? I need something for my (super tiny) kitchen island. Also, the photo of your daughter and husband? My ovaries just seized.

2. Bethany says:

I love that tile that is shown about 10 pictures down (the ones pictured with your feet) What is that/where did you find it. I am in love!

Oh yay! Well, this is annoying – I can give you the name and where I got it, but it’s not on the retailer’s website for some reason. It’s called Forum Silver, it’s a 12×24 porcelain tile, and we got it at Floor & Decor. I hope that helps! :)

I always love see what choices you make in the kitchens!! did you home with Home Depot again this time around?

Love all the pretty tile on the floors and walls! :)

Yes, Home Depot again! I’m still very happy with how the cabinets turned out, but I’m a little less happy with the installation team (they did a good job but wouldn’t show up, etc.).

4. Linda Z says:

I found your site recently, and I am totally hooked!! Love all the flips you have done! Can’t wait to see how this one turns out! I’m currently renovating my kitchen and it’s been a good creative experience (albeit frustrating at times!) I love the paint colors you used for your own personal kitchen and in the kitchen of flip #2… do you remember the names by any chance. I’m trying to pick a wall color to look yummy next to my white cabinetry! Thanks! :)

Hey Linda! The wall color in our kitchen is Toasted Almond by Pittsburgh Paints, and the one in the second flip is Wool Skein by Sherwin Williams. Good luck with your renovation!! :)

5. You have some intensive home improvement going on here. I think you will have a very nice looking bathroom after this. Modern and neutral. The walls are lovely, especially the wall with the window. The dark coloring brings out the pristine nature of the white ones. Good luck on this project!

6. deb says:

Wow – you guys HAVE been busy!!!

7. Blake says:

The shower in general (but the tile in particular!) is absolutely amazing! I’ve just come across your site, but I will definitely be coming back more often!

8. Erin says:

Y’all are SO talented! Where did you find the horizontal tile used in the bathroom? It looks stunning!

9. Wow! As usual it looks so exciting and different from your last one. I love that all your projects are a little different. I have noticed that you have used white subway tile with grey grout in a couple flips and I LOVE IT. Would you mind sharing your tile source and grout color? Thank you!

10. acm says:

Love that you’re going with two-tone cabinets! I wanted to do that in a rehab recently and the cabinet consultant looked at me like I was crazy. Ended up not doing it because I was pushing back against a 70s vibe in the architecture already, but love the effect, and it so lightens the top of the room while letting some yummy wood tones in! Looking forward to more updates.

11. Kelsey says:

Did you also get the dark wood floors at F&D? If so, which ones are they??

Nope, they’re from our local hardwood floor guys – I’m not exactly sure about the details on them, I wish I had more info!

12. Kelsey says:

Also, can you tell me a little about the process of replacing the glass in the front door? That is a great idea to update without replacing the entire door and I like the idea that is solid glass without fuss but the tempering makes it so someone can’t see through….

Our glass guys were able to remove the molding around the glass, pop out the glass and put in new glass, then replaced the moldings. Apparently it wasn’t a big deal!