Our 7th Flip’s Bathrooms (& the Master Bedroom) – “After”

It’s the final stop on the tour of our 7th flip – the bathrooms!

You’ve seen this pic of the master bathroom before, but now it’s time to check out the rest of the space – I hope you love it as much as we do.

7th Flip - Finished "After" Photos

The master bathroom started out split into 3 different rooms (+ 2 closets) – a “his” side, a “hers” side, and a shared room that held the tub, shower and toilet.  We thought all the doors made the space feel claustrophobic and we wanted to switch things up a bit!

7th flip - before

So we took out the doorways between the “his and hers” areas and the shared space, creating one large room.  We also switched out the tub for a huge walk-in shower – the opposite side where the original shower and toilet were located have now become a private toilet closet.

7th Flip - Finished "After" Photos

This is one of the more “wowzy” showers that we’ve done, with gorgeous glass and marble mosaic tile and body sprays.  Body sprays!

7th flip

Our tile guy took the 12×24 porcelain tiles that were used throughout the rest of the bathroom and cut them down into 4×4 squares to use on the shower floor – I can’t imagine how tedious that must have been, but he did a great job!

I really, really love this mosaic tile – it has gray and hints of brown in it, which make it so versatile.

7th flip

Here’s a shot looking at the “his” side of the bathroom – you can see the toilet closet on the left – even though we opened up the bathroom, we still wanted to give the new owners some privacy!

7th flip

I’m a huge fan of sheet mirrors – the key to making them look expensive as opposed to “builder” is to make sure that they stretch from the backsplash to the ceiling, and from wall to wall.  Such large mirrors also bounce around a ton of light.

7th flip

You can see that the marble that we chose for the vanities also has tones of gray and tan, allowing us to play around with gray and tan shades throughout the bathroom.

7th flip

The master bedroom also needed a little snazzing up.  You may remember that we framed in true doorways to the bathroom, and that the French doors now lead to an outdoor patio instead of the enclosed porch.

7th flip - before

Here’s how the master bedroom looks now!  It’s amazing what some fresh paint and flooring can do – not to mention a huge new window!

7th Flip - Finished "After" Photos

I think I could relax in here quite nicely.

7th Flip - Finished "After" Photos

Now onto the guest bathrooms – the one below services the 4th bedroom, which is located off the kitchen and laundry room.  It wasn’t terrible before, but it definitely needed some help.

023

It doesn’t even look like the same bathroom, does it?  We kept the vanity (and cut off the curlicues) and the bathtub (we had it reglazed like we did here), but we started from scratch with everything else.  I think the gray and white looks super clean and crisp!

7th Flip - Finished "After" Photos

The other guest bathroom is a jack ‘n jill bathroom in the “bedroom wing” that has doors to two bedrooms and the hallway.  It started out with a symphony of wallpaper.

014

We kept the vanity in this bathroom as well, sprucing it up with charcoal paint and a new countertop (and nixing the curlicues).

7th Flip - Finished "After" Photos

The green tile was in good shape, but we knew we wanted to get rid of the furrdown and green tile isn’t really our thing.

013

So fresh new subway tile was the answer (when isn’t it the answer, ha!).  I just can’t seem to get enough of it.

7th flip

And that concludes the tour of our 7th flip!  We’ve already started looking for our 8th flip – fingers crossed we can get started on a new project soon!

Comments

1. Sarah says:

Who did you use to reglaze your tub? I looked at your sources for your 6th flip and didn’t see the company. We just redid two bathrooms but still need the tubs reglazed.

2. deb says:

Yep, loving the master shower and body sprays! Great job, guys…

3. Anne says:

I was just curious why you chose to take the tub out of the master bathroom. I know I personally would not buy a house without a tub in the master but do you find that people in your area don’t mind?

It goes both ways – we’ve never had a problem selling a house without a tub in the master, but you’re absolutely right – some people must have one. For us, it comes down to using the space in what we consider to be the “best” way, and we hope that some buyers out there agree. :) And of course, we ALWAYS make sure there’s at least 1 tub in the house for people with little kiddos.

• Sara says:

I think it’s more than fine without a tub. Like you said, as long as there is one in the house for kids I think you are good. I would give up a tub anyday for a shower like that.

4. Audrey says:

Can you please share the brand and size of rectangle sink you usually use in your bathrooms?

I’m actually not sure of the brand – we always buy them from Seconds & Surplus, so maybe that helps! :)

5. Brandi says:

Wow, the improvements are amazing! I’m a huge fan of your blog (and your style)!

6. Amazing Transformation! Wowza is all i can say!

7. Marti says:

It looks fantastic. I love the wall color. Can you share what paint you used, and was it the same in both bedroom and bath? I really covet that shower. Enlarging that was a great idea.

8. Evelyn Kelly says:

I have small mirrors in my bathroom but after seeing your bathroom images, I am planning for sheet mirrors but also thin king that will they look beautiful in any type of bathroom. Seriously, you did a fabulous job for your bathroom and bedroom and also inspire me. Thank you so much the great write up.

9. When you have such a nice sized shower, I am wondering why you didn’t put in two shower heads? Many couple shower together and it makes it much nicer with two…..Even in some showers that barely fit two people I spec for two shower heads and people really like it. As well, I usually add a bench or at least a corner mini seat so that the lady of the house can put her leg up and shave easier. I like very much how the house came together. Nice job!

We’ve done two shower heads in the past and just felt like trying something new with the body sprays – we thought that would be a fun, unexpected touch that people would enjoy!

10. Monica says:

Love these rooms and all the finishes you picked! The marble tops are so elegant! Great job. I really love French doors in a bedroom, they always seem romantic to me! In my recent remodel, a previous owner made one bathroom from the original two. There were sheet mirrors floor to ceiling around a jacuzzi tub, around two separate vanities and–get this–on an entire wall next to the toilet! Somebody must have really liked their reflection! :) The look was completed with wall to wall carpet. The mirrors were very thick and good quality and we got most of it down without breaking. Turns out we couldn’t even give them away and had to break it all to get rid of it.

11. Kate says:

Looks awesome!! Wondering about the name of the floor tile and faucets so hope you can include them when you post your sources list.

12. Aimee says:

I really love the master bath and bedroom. The horizontal glass tile in the shower is terrific. Love how serene and calm the bedroom is. Once again, GREAT JOB!!!

13. What beautiful work! I have never done a flip as high end as those. Keep the pics coming!

14. Using Mosaic tiles in bathroom gives a different, new and charming look to your bathroom. You have done outstanding work.

15. Grace says:

What a great flip! I love what you did with the bathroom, the mosaic tiles adds a modern touch without it looking overwhelming. The master bedroom looks absolutely stunning too!

16. That is a great mosaic tile wall in the master shower and I love how you added the mosaics in the inset area of the wall next to it. Beautiful. I can see why you have bought your 8th home to flip. Very talented in what you do.

17. Christine says:

Your passion for home remodeling are great Liz and tile’s(Mosaic) you used for Master bathroom are pretty cool. Thanks for sharing :).

18. Very unique and quite stunning bathroom. Lots of space and it looks functional as well as really hip. Great post!

19. Andrea says:

Dear Liz, the work you guys do absolutely amazes me! I am working with a friend right now updating his rental property. What paint color did you use in this master bedroom?

Thanks! Reading your blog inspires me.

Andrea