We Can’t Stop Buying Houses

You guys.

We bought another house at noon today.

We can’t stop ourselves!

watercolor

This will be our 8th flip, which is starting to sound like a lot.  It’s kind of crazy to me that this is how we make a large part of our living.  Pinch me!

We don’t take possession of this house for another few weeks, but I’m itching to get in there and get things started.  Can you tell that it’s a two-story?  Our first one!  I’m super excited about that.  And it has a killer backyard, which kind of made me want to buy it for ourselves for awhile.  But then I realized that the house isn’t the best fit for our needs, even though seeing Peanut run around the backyard made my heart skip a beat.  I lust after that backyard.  And did I tell you the house has two fireplaces??

I can’t wait to show you photos of the house, but that will have to wait for a bit.  Until then, want to fill me in on what YOU lust after in a house?  You already know that backyards are my weakness…

Comments

I’m so excited about seeing your next projects come to life and looking forward to the before pics and a tour! Congrats on your next project :)

2. Robin says:

I lust after kitchens and character in houses!

3. Meredith says:

Yay! So exciting!!

4. Christine says:

Wow its sounds great, I’am excited to watch your new flip and the backyard. I hope you will upload the photos as soon as possible and all the best for your new project.

5. deb says:

I lust for a gas stove… New place looks great!

6. AH says:

I lust after a ranch house with an open floor plan (like the ones you flip). They are basically nonexistent where I live. I’m tired of hauling laundry and kids up flights of stairs!!! I would totally buy one of your houses if it was in my neighborhood!!

7. Sarah says:

I think I lust after what my current house doesn’t have. Right now, that would be a yard and storage/functional spaces: pantry, laundry room, linen closets, etc.

I read this post yesterday and had to come back to tell you how excited I am to watch your next flip unfold!

8. Melissa says:

I lust after hardwood floors and great use of space in a house. Curb appeal and windows definitely attract me as well.
    We’re working on getting our next project property. I just love watching transformations!

9. Joy says:

I hear ya on the backyard thing. I moved to North Dallas from the Midwest this year and was appalled by the tiny lot sizes! We found a winner in our house, because it is across the street from a park so there is a lot of room to play, but none to mow!

10. acm says:

well, I really go for lots of living space + a kitchen you can cook in, but I probably secretly lust after a bath that feels like luxury or has a spa feeling, whether that’s use of pebbles or all hyper-modern sink and faucet options. something that affects the look without compromising utility… also, if I had somebody to maintain it, I’d love a landscaped garden, probably with a Japanese influence.

11. Kathy says:

I always look for more bathrooms. Personal peeve, but a house with 3 bedrooms, and one bathroom is the masters, only one more is not acceptable! Two or three kids (often have friends of the kids), and throw in a grandma or aunt….well you get the idea. At the very, very least, need a half bath.

Exciting to begin again! The planning and first stages are the most fun for me.

Question – are absolutely ALL your houses REO/auction houses? IYO, is that the only real way to really get a good flippin deal?

Hi Kathy, great question!! You know, it’s funny – of our 8 flips, only 1 of them has been an REO and none of them have been purchased at auction. Strange, huh? Two were purchased directly from the owner, and the remaining 5 were listed on the MLS and bought the traditional way (the REO was, too, but it obviously had been foreclosed on). We’ve tried to buy a few houses at auction but it’s never worked out – they’ve either been bought for more than we wanted to pay or they were pulled from the auction for various reasons. So actually, I definitely think it’s possible to get a great deal buying a home the “typical” way! :)

12. Wow! Another dream house, beautiful.. I envy you because you have lots of houses.. :)

13. Wow! Eight houses is very impressive! I could never do that. Can”t wait to see what you do with this one!

14. I love the kitchen area with the little sitting area off to the side. Beautiful combinations and furniture with great use of space from what I can see.

15. Rebecca says:

Congrats! We are excited to see the project come to life. Have fun as always! http://www.otm1designs.com

16. Jen says:

I am sooo impatient! Do you have any updates for us? I am itching over here to get a glimpse of your next flip :)

I know, I’ve been dying to show you guys! We didn’t get possession until Thanksgiving so we had to wait a bit…but the tour is up today! :)