Hey guys!! Did you all have a great Thanksgiving? We did – beautiful weather and lots of family time, plus our littlest one turned six months old (how did that happen already?).
I haven’t been the best about photographing the flip over the past few weeks, but here’s what’s been going on:
– The laundry room addition is finally bricked in and IT LOOKS AMAZING.
Thanks for the push to add brick instead of sticking with the siding – it makes the addition completely seamless, AND it gets rid of that weirdo alcove between the laundry room and the fireplace (you can see it in the “before” photo below).
– The landscaping got a fresh new look . . .
. . . and the exterior brick has been primed and painted.
(The photo above only shows the coat of primer, and the exterior doors still need to be painted.)
– I TRACKED DOWN THAT DANG VANITY and it got installed, along with the rest of its friends. I drove through Hill Country a few weeks ago to a bachelorette party and was able to convince the friend I was traveling with to stop at the Ikea in Round Rock – I had been stalking their inventory online and they had ONE vanity. I made it mine.
– We have tile!
So the tile looks all happy and perfect in the back den, but you would not believe the amount of prep the tile guys had to put in to get the concrete ready for tile.
After scraping off layers of linoleum, they had to sand every last speck of glue off the concrete. See that photo below? I took that from the back patio, looking into the den. Yeah. That’s a lot of dust. I felt so sorry for the tile guys that day!
After the dust settled, there were piles of it everywhere.
They taped off the den from the rest of the house to keep the dust out, but you can see in the photo below that the pesky dust still got everywhere – on the left you can see the layers of dust on the kitchen floor (the grout lines had been vacuumed), and on the right the tile has been wiped down. Crazy!
The bathrooms all got their own little dose of tile – I particularly love the penny tile in the new bathroom we added off the office/4th bedroom. We used it in our 9th flip and I just had to use it again!
– All the bathrooms and the kitchen got gorgeous carrera marble counters.
– The wood floors were installed. Much of the house has original wood floors, so new wood was only added in the living room and entryway.
The painters are hard at work right now on the interior – I’m hoping they’ll be finished by the end of the week, and then we can start installing all of the lighting and plumbing fixtures – my favorite part!