Flip Updates

Hi!  How’s the new year treating you guys?  We’re off to a good start – we had a great Christmas break (I can’t lie, Christmas morning is 10x more adorable with babies and toddlers), and we’re thisclose to finishing this flip.  Can I get an amen?

I’m not even sure where I should start with updating you.  To say the flip is meeting my expectations would be an understatement – I’m absolutely in LOVE with how it’s turning out.  Definitely my favorite flip ever (do I say that every time?).  I love the layout of the house (lots of space, a big family room, oodles of bathrooms), the backyard (it’s bigger than my backyard which is an instant plus, it has a shed for storage and an amazing workroom attached to the garage which I would totally use as a kid’s fort), and the patio (it runs the length of the side of the house and would be a great entertaining space, plus I can totally imagine my kiddos riding tricycles and coloring with chalk out there).  So, basically, I want to move in.

But what really does it for me are the finishes in this house.  I know they might not be to everyone’s taste, but they make my heart sing and I’m SO happy that you guys encouraged me to go for this design.  I love the finishes more than I love Mexican food, and that’s saying a lot.  A whole lot.  So thank you.

Enough rambling.  You came here to see photos, am I right?

Well, I don’t have any gorgeous “after” photos for you (primarily because we ain’t done yet!), but here are some in-progress shots that will hopefully get you excited for the real photos to come.

Progress Photos - 10th Flip - It's Great to Be Home

Progress Photos - 10th Flip - It's Great to Be Home

Progress Photos - 10th Flip - It's Great to Be Home

Progress Photos - 10th Flip - It's Great to Be Home

Progress Photos - 10th Flip - It's Great to Be Home

Progress Photos - 10th Flip - It's Great to Be Home

Progress Photos - 10th Flip - It's Great to Be Home

Progress Photos - 10th Flip - It's Great to Be Home

I also have a random question for you.  Daniel over at Manhatten Nest includes a diary of sorts at the end of each post about his new flip, giving a brief description of what’s going on each day of the project.  (BTW, are you guys following along?  Such a fun project to watch from the sidelines.)  Is that something you guys would be interested in reading from me?  Either in post-form, or in the sidebar?  Just something I’m pondering.  Thanks!

Comments

1. Connie says:

Yes I follow Daniel too and would love to see you do a similar summary too. I love seeing your before and after as well as your thinking style and choices and sourcing. Love your style.

2. Camille says:

Hello…love your blog! Almost done w a total house renovation! Can you share where you found the bathroom round mirrors? Thank you!

Hi Camille, congrats on nearing the finish line! I bet it feels great.

The mirrors are from World Market – they aren’t on their website any longer, but I did see one in the store recently. Hope that helps!

3. janis says:

Yes! More frequent posts, please! So glad you finally located the Ikea bathroom cabinets you wanted — everything about that space looks Architectural Digest-worthy. You rock!

4. qs777 says:

I can see why this is your favorite – I love it too! Maybe you should move in and flip your current house to save on capital gains.

Makes me want to rip out my kitchen cabinets and put lighting over my sink and change my windows to dark frames, are they steel?

Yes, a similar summary would be great – with room measurements would be helpful. Prices would be over-the-top helpful even though you are in another state. I know you are busy but it seems like the blogs I have the most interest in post the least. Little interim summary posts would help a lot.

Maybe you could say where you got the barn door hardware? Everywhere I look it is so expensive.

Can’t wait to see the final product!

Hi! The windows are aluminum, and the barn door hardware was a steal from Lowe’s. Home Depot has it as well (in oil-rubbed bronze, the Lowe’s finish is black which is why we chose it).

5. Laura says:

More posts would be great- love your style. Can I ask where you found that light fixure in the bedroom? It’s awesome!

6. Alison G says:

Yes, I am following him. And yes that sounds like a good idea. I third the more posts.

7. Sarah says:

YES! to the diary. I would love to see how things unfold in real time for you. How these projects progress in a day-to-day.

8. Sarah says:

Do what you want that doesn’t take too much time for you, but I love ALL your updates!
    Sarah´s last blog post post ..Remodel Progress

9. Linda Z says:

I love the way the bathroom space is turning out!!! How cute do those round mirrors look??? :)

10. Kayla says:

Yes yes and yes… Flip is looking great and I love the diary that Manhattan Nest does!! Do it!!

11. Sarah says:

Looks great! Nice work.

I love Daniel’s blog and my heart leaps when I see there’s a new post. His is one of my favorite blogs because I prefer more substantial posts to more frequent posts.

I really like the way you blog and if you feel you have more info to share, I’d prefer a detailed post about it rather than the diary summary. I always skip that in Daniel’s posts. However, I’m in the thick of a total gut renovation myself–this week is drywall–and I’m living my own construction timeline, so reading someone else’s would probably just stress me out more :-)

12. Elizabeth says:

I gotta say, when I saw the pic of the stained kitchen cabinets in your last post I was kinda meh. But to see it all together? Serious love. Wow. Well done!

13. Wow! Everything is coming together nicely! I love the design risks/choices that you made here. I can’t wait to see which floor sample you chose. Can you share where they are from?

Hi Bridget! We went with the Dark Walnut (a Minwax stain color), and it will be applied to the sanded red oak floors.

14. Jen says:

Looking so good!! Can’t wait to see the finished house! Gets me even more excited to have you design my master suite!!

15. Abby says:

Wow, everything looks beautiful! I am a white cabinet girl usually, but, man, I love the way those cabinets look with the subway tile and the counter tops. Nice job!

16. Heather says:

It looks AMAZING! and I would love to see a diary of sorts!!

17. Rick says:

I like the handles you choose for the cabinets. I think the barn door was a great tough for all the open spaces. And the windows are perfect.

18. Karen, BC says:

Thanks for the in-progress update – I’ve been dying to know how things have been coming along on your flip. Funny, but I tend to skip the diary at the end of Daniel’s post; I would much rather have you post the info on the last flips (I think there are a few missing?!), if not your current renovation. Still, you’re in charge and I thoroughly enjoy whatever you can get time for. Happy New Year!

19. I love the bathroom round mirrors and the floor-to-ceiling windows! Everything looks really pretty, well done!

20. Andrea says:

Amen!!!!:) This house is looking so amazing, I want to move into it:). I’ll be quite curious on how much you put it up for:)
    Andrea´s last blog post post ..Test Post